[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way for an adult to learn about math online?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: dvbfgbgt.jpg (70KB, 400x338px) Image search: [Google]
dvbfgbgt.jpg
70KB, 400x338px
What's the best way for an adult to learn about math online? Just out of interest, not employment or college related

I saw some people recommending Khan Academy but they were on reddit so I don't trust them
>>
>>34814267
Dude go onto /sci/ for this

This place is a festering cespool of borderline retardation
>>
>>34814267
It's important to get a good understanding of foundations. You should start by reading principia mathematica by russell and whitehead. Then go to ncatlab.org and start learning about categories and sheaves.
>>
Get a proper textbook, easy to find pdfs online, and do the exercises. Try to avoid skimming or skipping chapters and exercises as you may tend to as a self taught. Shit like khan academy is more of a tutorial style aimed at lazy procrastinating students to cram for exams.
>>
>>34814267
I would probably read the /sci/ sticky.
>>
>>34814267
I'd start with free math books. Read and practice daily. You can find help through khan academy but persistence pays. Right now I'm teaching myself numerical analysis and stochastic calculus. I started from precal
>>
>>34814353
seconded. check out what universities use and follow that. You can even get the lectures and a lot of the assignments through MIT OCW and similar.
>>
>>34814380

You need a strong background in real analysis and functional analysis to understand stochastic calculus.
>>
Khan academy is great if you pair it with a textbook
>>
File: Whitehead-224x300.jpg (15KB, 224x300px) Image search: [Google]
Whitehead-224x300.jpg
15KB, 224x300px
>>34814349
>my whitehead when
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.