[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I'm using my parents' wifi, is it possible they

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1468530454258.jpg (12KB, 192x182px) Image search: [Google]
1468530454258.jpg
12KB, 192x182px
If I'm using my parents' wifi, is it possible they can see what I'm doing on the internet? Like can they just go into the wifi application and just see?
>>
Yes. And if you're on a public wifi (mcdonald's, starbucks, airports, etc) the sysAdmin can see whatever you're doing as well
>>
>>34800531
Yes they send a letter every month for them to read through
>>
>>34800531
Well most of the time they send a list of the websites with the bill every months
>>
Hahaha you guys are hilarious
>>
>>34800593
This isn't true unless they request it
>>
>>34800587
>>34800593
Holy shit, really? Like can they see for example specific pages/videos or just websites? Can they see what account name I'm posting with? Can they see specific posts?
>>
>>34800732
They can view everything you're looking at and typing as if they were looking through your eyes. That's why you don't give out your pass word to random people and everyplace warns you not to use public wifi to do sensitive shit like checking your bank accounts
>>
>>34800795
What if I signed into my email account at a friend's house, does that mean if he wanted to he could get my password?
>>
They send a list of websites that you visited with the bill. "Adult" websites are often highlighted, as well as the dates and times of access.
>>
>>34800848
If he was remote viewing what you were looking at on his device, and your password was spelled out and not hidden with ******** then yes, he would have been able to see your pass word if he wanted to.
>>
>>34800593
not op but I think if my parents could do this, they would've confronted me by now.
>>
>>34800531
Yes and if you came out of their womb they can read your thoughts
>>
They can see what websites you visit but they can't see exactly what you do, as long as the website is HTTPS and even if it's HTTP they'd need to capture the packets and go through them manually. I don't know how good your parents are with technology but mine can't even log into the router so if your parents have the same level of technical knowledge you'll be fine but if you're really paranoid you can use a VPN. They'd be able to see you use one but they wouldn't be able to see anything else.
>>
>>34800531
Yeah, your parents who think the computer is broken if the screen is turned off somehow know how to do all that shit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.