[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who else /hatesmostofthepeopleon4chan/? it's basically the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: oc.jpg (60KB, 465x576px) Image search: [Google]
oc.jpg
60KB, 465x576px
who else /hatesmostofthepeopleon4chan/?
it's basically the only site i still use but the userbase is really lame
>>
>>34798312

i used to be, then i used Leddit for a while for the smaller subs (mostly dwarf fortress, opie and anthony, and million dollar extreme)

just seeing how retarded 99.99% of their userbase is on the default subs makes 4chan feel like a congress of geniuses.
>>
>>34798346
i know, it's a real shame that this is the best of offer
>>
>>34798397

i used to use 420chan and 7chan back in the day and their UB were much better, but I don't know if they still are or even if they're still around.
>>
>>34798346
What amuses me even more about Reddit is the fact that they all think that they're very intelligent, and one of the most learned places on the internet. They're basically the collective equivalent of pretentious 9th graders.
>>
>>34798312
I am long time lurker from via 2005 or something like that, don't really remember. I kinda always had this idea that 4chan is the best original content site on web, and everyone else are either copying it or shit. These last few years i have realized that this site has really gone into shitter, can't really remember in what point. Kinda ironic how much 4chan makes fun of other sites when this is just as bad. Maybe little bit funnier than them, but not by a mile. And this whole negativity thing has started to wear off me.
>>
>>34798488

they're literally so stupid they don't know they're stupid

any argument on there is filled with goalpost-shifting. i had someone actually point out how much more intelligent and rational they were because they "could actually type"

it was like a YouTube comment section.
>>
>>34798346
I dunno, I actually think the small communities in that shithole are alright. It's as if "being part of reddit' only kicks in at 300,000 users, and as long as a sub stays small and hides, it's allowed to actually be a pleasant place.

Around 300,000 is when they start getting front page threads, then people from other areas show up with their "reddit culture" and "upboats" and immediately make me unsubscribe and want to burn out my eyes with a blowtorch.
>>
>>34798830

oh for sure. i enjoy the worldbuilding subs and the DC:SS sub but sometimes i can't help myself and check out the defaults and i ALWAYS regret it.
>>
I miss 04-05 4chan. without stupid right wingers.
>>
>>34798920
I also go on the DC:SS sub, neat.
>>
>>34798969

damn, i only came here in 06/07. would have been crazy to see Ye Olde 4chan

>>34799039

love me some stone soup
>>
>>34798346
4chan feels more honest
>>
>>34798969
I miss how we all acted like crazy kids yelling "lol ovur 9000 internetz!" back then, like we weren't jaded at all and had no problems that couldn't be fixed by may-mays of cats asking for cheeseburgers.
They were simpler times.
>>
>>34798488
They're the popular nerds. 4chan is the nerds who couldn't fit in with them.
>>
>>34798312
You just have to stop frequenting the high traffic boards. They're all full of asshole teenage trolls. The slower boards take a while to get responses but they're way more rewarding.
>>
>>34799081

it's because upvotes only determine who has the popular take, not the right one. and people have an easier time admitting they're wrong when they're anon. and you cant just downvote a 4chan comment you disagree with and move on, you have to take the time to type out a rebuttal.
>>
>>34799104
People very rarely type out actual rebuttals here. Arguments pretty much always boil down to anons sniping back and forth with sarcastic greentext.
>>
>>34799154
>expects it to be anything different
>>
>>34798969
4chan has always been more right wing. bush jr was just fun to make fun of by both sides back then.
>>
>>34799154

yeah but... hm, how do i put this... the "level" of discourse is usually equal, so people can make up their own minds. if it's just 2 people posting smug anime girls at each other, whatever. but if someone is making good points you have to make good points back
>>
File: 1485233354850.png (73KB, 800x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1485233354850.png
73KB, 800x1009px
>>34799085
I miss the older memes, I just find that more recent/modern memes are horrible.
>>
>>34799085
4chan was ruined the minute everyone decided to start being all ironic and meta. As recently as 2012, people were still posting FAIL image macros. I don't know what caused the shift in tone exactly but the whole cuck thing hit this site like a nuclear bomb.
>>
>>34798830
On the flipside, for better or worse, a lot of the small communities are VERY heavily moderated.

I really enjoy reading through articles posted on r/geopolitics but the mods there are extremely anal and will ban people or lock threads for the smallest of offenses.

It's all in the name of "encouraging high quality content" but the resulting sterile atmosphere ends being off-putting.

Maybe I'm just used to the freedom of 4chan.
>>
>>34799230
Rose tinted glasses friendo
>>
are there any other anonymous imageboards that don't fit in with the typical -chan style? or ones that aren't so common? i think a key part of 4chan's success is the fact that the majority of posters are just simple anons. once you start bringing in usernames and organized structure like that it all goes down the shitter and becomes a gay as fuck popularity concept a la reddit
>>
>>34799392
Not him but that's not true. See >>34799275
>>
>>34799453
I can see that... Maybe Baneposting is what gotten the attention of Reddit, and the stream of redditors coming in here is what changed the tone. r9k has gotten famous there because of Pepe too. And things have gotten a lot more political.
>>
>>34799545
In fact /r/incels is now more what this place was than r9k is now. No memes, just condensed autism.
>>
Outsiders came in and ruined this place and that fucking retarded faggot moot kept playing into their hands.
This place sucks now. A lot of people just come on here when their website of choice is down or slow and just come to post edgy opinions and fuck shit up.
Also fuck rulefags and motherfuck /v/. That cancerous shithole gave us FIVE fucking /v/ boards, six if you include /mlp/.
>>
>>34799581
What's the best board as of now?
>>
>>34799628
Probably one of the super slow ones like /po/ where they actually stay on topic.
>>
File: 1482163771631.jpg (150KB, 852x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1482163771631.jpg
150KB, 852x1041px
>>34799645
Mm but of course
>>
>>34798312
Other imageboards would be a good alternative, they are usually slower, but less Reddit.
>>
>>34799275
An internet has just been won for providing the truth.
>>
>>34798488
I absolutely can't stand the pretentiousness of Reddit, and it's probably a good example of the Dunning-Krueger effect. I've only ever really went there for ELI5 because I'm always very curious to find out how shit works, and that's admittedly a pretty good layman's quick rundown.

I've always loved not needing an identity on 4chan. It adds some inherent humility, which I probably weigh too heavily. I don't ever even come to /r9k/ unless I'm really depressed
>>
File: 1457996837479.jpg (52KB, 800x407px) Image search: [Google]
1457996837479.jpg
52KB, 800x407px
Just lurk on little imageboards?
four and eight chan are filled with /soc/ normie scums.
Im happy that these sites become containment boards so i can lurk in peace on the little imageboards.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.