[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is lucid dreaming a real thing or meme? any robots who are good

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1482290348175.png (148KB, 645x772px) Image search: [Google]
1482290348175.png
148KB, 645x772px
Is lucid dreaming a real thing or meme? any robots who are good in lucid dreaming tell me where to start? i am really interested. atleast i'll have a gf in my dreams
>>
i've experienced semi lucid dream where i have a small measure of control in them, i've always naturally had very vivid dreams. had one where i was flying in like a mecha suit, was fun as shit.
most common bit on control i have is a 'reset button' on the back of my wrist, if something went badly in my dream i could press this button and the dream would reset itself and kind of start from an earlier point...
>>
>>34796724
how do i get started? how real it is? how vivid? how much control? just like in real life? i wanna spend years with my waifu. is it possible
>>
>>34796527
I used to practice it for a few months but didn't have a lot of success. I got a few short ones out of it though.
Go buy some paper and a pen or a notebook and start recording every dream you have in great detail as soon as you can. Wake up, don't move at all, just think about what happened so you don't forget it. Then write it all down. It will help you remember more dreams and you are likely having a few lucids right now but just dont remember.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dv956aNSsE this guy helped me out
>>
They're fake. Everyone has experienced semi-lucidity, but nobody can control it for an entire dream.
>>
>>34796826
its fairly real my friend. it feels real though you know it isnt. kinda like getting really sucked into a video game. with practice it gets more vivid and easier to control. my first lucid i was able to create a teleportation portal that woke me up when i walked in
>>
>>34796527
Yead lucid dreaming in real, I'd say you should start writing down any dreams you can remember, even if it's only fragments, eventually your brain learns to remember dreams better which can be advantageous in and of itself and it will start to recognise patterns in dreams allowing you to realise you're in a dream.

I'm not sure where to go from there since I never got that far, but try not to get too excited and start slow, like levitating objects and stuff or you'll wake yourself, or worse, accidentally put yourself in a nightmare.

I've heard lucid dreaming causes sleep paralysis so I've stopped writing down my dreams, I had two lucid dreams in a period of maybe 4-5 months, I wasn't trying to do it though, I just wanted to write down my dreams because they interested me and were very cogent in comparison to the dreams of others.
>>
>>34796826
doesn't really work like that for me...my subconscious will provide the setting, and i'll maybe have a little bit of control over what happens there.
vivid like i can feel pleasure and pain. i've had some pretty crazy pain dreams (one where my old cat was stalking me and kept biting and clawing my nutsack, one where i was walking through cacti) so i guess sometimes no control at all.
stupid as it may sound, for me it started from an episode of startrek voyager i saw when I was young, the one where the crew was in a dream world and chakotay had to learn to vivid dream.

You kind of have to learn how to become aware that you're dreaming. you can train yourself to have a trigger, like if you see a certain object in your dream, it triggers you to become aware that you are dreaming. that's the best i can describe it really, i'm no pro at it.
>>
We just had this thread, so I'm pasting my last response:

Several things you could do. I'll start with a fundamental method, and move onto my favorites.

Setup an alarm to wake you up in the middle of the night. When you wake up stay awake for at least half an hour. While you're up try looking at or doing something you'd like to see / do in your dreams, and then go back to sleep after the half hour. If you were in REM sleep when the alarm went off then there's a good chance you just sent yourself into a lucid dream.

Here's my favorites:
1. Look at something in your dream, and then look away. If you look back what you see will never be completely the same simply because of what your brain is actually doing while sleeping; running a mile a minute. When you notice this you should be able to realize you're dreaming! I'll usually do this with a clock or wall in my dreams.
2. Count your fingers! I honestly can't remember the last time I had ten fingers in my dreams that weren't lucid. Seriously, try it tonight!

I hope these work out for you, bud. Beyond video games and the pleasure of sex lucid dreaming is one of my few reasons to persist. Oh, and by the way, I would sincerely like to advise you not to look at a mirror in a lucid dream. You REALLY don't want to do that...
>>
>>34797042
But how real are they. Like real life??? Totally real ? and what about time? can you spend years
>>
>>34797086
time in dream is equivalent to real time. you might be able to spend half an hour or so with lots of practice. you can make them more ralistic with practice
>>
>>34796527
Done it by accident many times. It's not very exciting. You realize you're dreaming and you're totally aware nothing is real.

The funniest times are when you realize you can't do something in the real world because still asleep and dreaming and you're trying to figure out how to wake yourself up so you start doing craziness like blowing things up or punching the walls (which surely must be the inside walls of your skull) so you can get out of the dream and back to moving your real body.
>>
File: IMG_0351.jpg (217KB, 870x1300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0351.jpg
217KB, 870x1300px
>>34796527
Lucid dreaming is real but it takes practice, willpower, routine and frequent reality checks to get down. I am 23 now, a year prior I was locked away in my room pretty much living in my own head with the skills I developed.
>>
I get regular sleep paralysis episodes.

Sometimes I'll ride them out into a lucid dream rather than struggling to twitch a finger and escape. I've never had much fun with them. Only rarely can I get to do things that I want to do. For instance, I'll try making an attractive woman appear to have sex with, but instead I'll get a skeleton or walk into a room full of dead bodies. When I do get what I want, I'll usually wake up after a few minutes.

Maintaining a lucid dream is very hard to do. I always slip out quickly or will have a "false awakening," not realizing that I've gotten out my bed into another dream.
>>
>>34796527
Its real. I had a few early Thursday morning, though not planned
I find the way that works best for me is to sleep for a few hours, have an alarm go off to just barely wake you up, return to sleep and I usually have a lucid or very vivid dream. I have had some success with choline supplements, and am curious to try African Dreamroot.
Also, I take mushrooms every once in a while and in the couple of nights after I take them I frequently have lucid dreams.
>>34797086
Its not like the movie Inception, its a little like being on a psychedelic drug, where time and space can change in intense ways but you still know its an illusion. It takes time and practice to fully control your dreams, but even just a casual lucid dream is an interesting experience.
>>
>>34797210
wow.. can you pls suggest me tutorials and videos. my life is really boring. its gonna be the same. i just wanna spend happy>>34797162
time.
>>
>>34797383

Um... no, I can't.

I was getting sleep paralysis episodes since I was a teenager. I didn't remember most of them. Only once did I realize what was going on was I able to ride them out into lucid dreams.

I have absolutely no control over what happens, aside from being able to ride a screeching, high-pitched train-like noise from not being able to move into being in a lucid dream.
>>
>>34796527
if having lucid dreams is being aware that you are in a dream, yeah a had a few of then, but i never was able to take control, just suffer
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.