[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder if you aren't doing cardio to burn fat and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: incline-bench-press.jpg (22KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
incline-bench-press.jpg
22KB, 500x375px
Daily reminder if you aren't doing cardio to burn fat and not doing heavy incline barbell bench press and heavy flat bench press you are asking to have gyno for forever.

No amount of chest flyes or cable flyes etc will work your chest like those.

10 sets of 1 to 3 reps.
>>
>Implying anyone on this board cares
>>
>10 sets of 1 to 3 reps.
LMAO
>>
>>34793496
>10 sets of 1-3 reps
Filthy casual
>>
no shit because you can only chest fly so much otherwise your elbows will snap from the weight you fucking mongo.

you should be doing bench PLUS flies, otherwise you guaranteed have a tiny ass chest.
>>
>>34793580
yea with 80 to 97 percent of your 1 rep max. Powerlifting you phaggits

4 sets of 12 to 15 never did shit for me or German volume training.

Powerlifting is what the real men do.
>>
>>34793600
>thinks 10 sets is powerlifting
>>
>>34793496
But I don't have gyno, anon. Enjoy your inferior genes.
>>
>>34793613
>doesn't know what Westside barbell program is and how they do sets of singles

http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Powerlifting/Westside.html

confirmed for 130 lbs soaking wet.
>>
>>34793496
>Daily reminder if you aren't doing cardio to burn fat and not doing heavy incline barbell bench press and heavy flat bench press you are asking to have gyno for forever.

What the fuck do either of those things have to do with having gyno?

Are you confusing having actual gyno with being fat?
>>
>>34793496
>you need cardio to burn fat
>gyno is influenced by specific exercises
you're a fucking retard.

proper gyno is is only fixable by surgery or in some cases by medication, very very mild cases will usually fix themselves just by losing weight and thus getting you hormones in balance (obesity lowers test and raises estrogen levels.)
besides, most people that think they have gyno actually have pseudo-gynecomastia, which is easily fixable just by not being a fat fuck.

>No amount of chest flyes or cable flyes etc will work your chest like those.
Flyes are an isolation exercise for your chest and will work it much harder than any form of bench press, overall of course benching is better since you work your triceps and shoulders at the same time. But for pure chest development there is nothing more effective than flies.

>10 sets of 1 to 3 reps.
Yeah, because that totally won't fry you CNS and fuck up your joints if done regularly.
>>
>>34793496
>doing cardio to burn fat
Yeah!
>doing (heavy) incline barbell bench press
Yeah!
>if you don't do bench you are asking to have gyno forever
But gyno is a genetic disea-
>no amount of chest flyes or cable flyes etc will work your chest like those
Because they're different movemen-
>10 sets of 1 to 3 reps
Alright wtf
>>
>>34793496
This is some of the dumbest broscience I've ever fucking seen. I bet this cunt has just picked up lifting and still can't bench plates
>>
>>34793600
Again, you're a fucking retard.

>10 sets of 1 to 3 reps
>yea with 80 to 97 percent of your 1 rep max.
That comes out to 7-2 reps, not 3-1.

Plus if you always lift at the same intensity you will either: cause undue stress to joints, build up systemic fatigue and drop your frequency in the gutter due to long CNS recovery periods - or - have sub-optimal strength gains. Only noobs can get away with not varying intensity, most pro power-lifters do plenty of high-rep sets, they do heavy triples and doubles sparingly unless they're peaking.

>Powerlifting is what the real men do.
Yeah and real men have beards, and they eat their steak raw and drive a semi even if they never use it for it's intended purpose.
>t. insecure nu-male trying to compensate
PROTIP: Real men do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
I thought it's decline that builds more lower pec, not incline?

But body fat % is more important
>>
>>34793897
Declines bench is fucking useless and needlessly dangerous.

Flat and incline bench plus shoulder presses are all you need for a proportional chest. If you want to go fedora meme lord you can do dips instead. Flyes are unsurpassed at giving you that huge disproportionate chest look some guys like.
>>
>>34793866
OP here I bench 2 pl8s that's each side for my new friends here.

Stay mad

:^)
>>
File: fitbtgfo.png (17KB, 644x157px) Image search: [Google]
fitbtgfo.png
17KB, 644x157px
>>34793496
/fit/ ETERNALLY BTFO

FUCK OFF NOW WITH YOUR BULLSHIT
>>
I shattered my left elbow and can't excercise with it. It's skinny as shit now but I hide it with a hoodie. Now my chest has shrunk. I need another 4 weeks for it to heal.
>>
>>34793935
>decide to try decline dumbbell press because that's what the Hodge Twins and Scott Herman were doing
>literally almost drop a dumb bell on my face

this will happen to you at least once. it's just an awkward exercise that shouldn't even be done.
>>
>>34793496
>10 sets of 1 to 3 reps
>t. weak beta manlet
3-4 sets 8-14 reps you nigger. Lower weight and more reps is ok if you don't have someone to spot for you.
Do yourself a favour and watch online guides from bodybuilding.com, buffedguys, etc. and start actual lifting.

>you can burn fat at specific body parts only
That's not how it works, you can only lower your total body fat. Do practice cardio though.
>>
>>34793970
>benches 2plates
>literally babys first milestone
>thinks he is strong
top kek

also, even if you were strong that still wouldn't mean that you're impervious to spouting bullshit meme science

>>34793973
No one on /fit/, who isn't a total retard like OP, thinks that anything but diet is the number one factor in determining wheter you're a fatty or not. That being said cario is important for good cardio-vascular and pulmonary health. Anaerobic exercise is important in men for good bone density, hormonal balance and of course being able to do physical labour, stave off sarcopenia and look decent - plus it has plenty of metabolic benefits.
>>
>>34794013
Yeah, like regular benching wasn't dangerous enough anyways.
Plus it is proven to not work your lower chest any better than flat benching, the extra weight you can pull is purely due to a mechanical advantage and not greater pec recruitment.

>calls OP retard for recommending a specific repXset scheme
>blanket recommends a blanket repXset scheme
Sure, 3-4X8-14 is much more useful than 10X1-3, but at the end of the day there is no one scheme that is ideal beyond the noob stage. As soon as you make your beginner gains periodization and varying intensity is the name of the game.
>>
>>34794081
>t. bro scientist

>>34794013
>t. shit lifter
>>
File: 1485550372403.jpg (23KB, 506x437px) Image search: [Google]
1485550372403.jpg
23KB, 506x437px
>>34793496
>heavy incline barbell bench press and heavy flat bench press

that sounds like one of them serious engine problems in star trek which needs at least 24 hours to fix in order to advance the storyline.
>>
>>34793496

>heavy incline barbell bench press and heavy flat bench press

I don't know what half of these words mean...
>>
>>34794254
Time to learn and join a gym. Just don't listen to anything anyone on 4chan says. These fucking idiots recommend milk, oats and bodybuilding splits like it'll change your life.

And always remember, /fit/ may be a fitness board but it's still full of dumb nerd cunts that you see on every other 4chan board.
>>
>>34794254
>heavy
using a large portion of your maximum load for that exercise ie. high intensity, low rep
>incline
at a postive angle ie. using an angled bench like in ops pic, puts more emphasis on shoulders and upper pec fibers
>barbell
using a barbell and not dumbbells, lets you use more weight because it's more stable and there is less risk of tearing shit up allowing you to work with more intensity, but on the flip side it works less total muscle mass because stabilizers (not some kind of seperate muscle like some retards think, just muscles that are worked isometrically or antagonistically towards the main muscles involved during the lift) don't get involved as much.
>press
a pressing movement ie. moving load away from the body during the concentric (the portion of the movement where your muscles contract) portion of the lift as opposed to pulling - moving toward the body.
>>
File: 2135243245.png (143KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
2135243245.png
143KB, 600x700px
>>34794292

>join a gym
>don't listen to anything anyone on 4chan says
>>
>>34794292
>Just don't listen to anything anyone on 4chan says.
Excluding you of course.

>These fucking idiots recommend
>milk
A fantastic source of protein.
>oats
A decent source of carbs and fiber.
>and bodybuilding splits like it'll change your life.
95% of /fit/ thinks that bodybuilding splits are fucking retarded. I don't know what the fuck you're on about.
>>
>2017
>caring about the most overrated muscle group in the human musculature
>not becoming the glorious t-rex you were always destined to be

shiggy
>>
>>34794365
I forgot I was on an autistic board. It was clear I was implying that you shouldn't follow their workout advice.

>>34794418
Squats, Oats and GOMAD were the thing that /fit/ couldn't shut the fuck up about when I first visited it years ago. Thankfully I knew enough to realise that shit is absolutely fucking retarded.

Are you retards still advocating 5x5 for new lifters?
>>
>>34794557

hey man, you can't just present a logical paradox and expect people to just understand straight away
formulate your answer in quasi code next time at least
>>
>>34794557
you can't tell when people are memeing can you?
>>
>>34794557
>Squats, Oats and GOMAD were the thing that /fit/ couldn't shut the fuck up about when I first visited it years ago.
Exaggerating the utility of those three things is a fucking meme, you probably also think that /fit/ uses squat plugs and hates basketball shorts. That being said:
>squats are a goat exercise
>oats are pretty decent since they're easy to prepare, have plenty of complex carbs, decent amount of healthy fats, a good portion of fiber and combined with milk they give you enough protein to start the day. plus it's easy to make them tasty by adding fruit, nuts or chocolate chips. they are shit on a cut, though, too calorie dense.
>GOMAD is viable as a short-term emergency measure for auschwitz tier skellies, anyone who is over 10% body-fat is a fucking retard if he does it.

>Are you retards still advocating 5x5 for new lifters?
What do you recommend?

also
>/fit/ is a hive mind with unified opinions on everything
nice straw-man
>>
>>34794605
>Being too socially retarded to understand implications and make inferences
You know this is why you have no friends, right?

>>34794610
>HAHAHAHA IT WAS JUST A MEME BRO. YOU GOT MEMED. EPIN

Just a prank amirite? ;)
>>
>>34793935
>>34794013
Woah there, looks like we got some more retards in the bunch.
>>
>>34794665
It's a joke now but it wasn't years ago. What, do you think /fit/ was the only place advocating that dumb fucking trend? Were you even into lifting 6 years ago?
>>
>>34794692
>safety is not a factor in assessing the utility of an exercise.
>decline bench is goat, which is why almost no top-tier coaches and athletes recommend it
>"The 1995 Barnett et al study showed that the electrical activity in the lower pecs was not highest during the decline bench press. In fact the flat bench press produced the highest electrical charge in the lower pectorals."
kys
>>
>>34794713
Even back then only a minority or retards thought that drinking a gallon of whole milk per day was a good idea for a 20%BF guy. As I said, sometimes it's hard to tell where the memes stop and the genuine retardation begins, this is true for all of 4chan.
>>
>>34794835
Why would a 20% BF guy go on a bulk? GOMAD was for bulking.
>>
>>34793496

Ur gyno will get better by increasing muscles under it making it even more pronounced.

Good job OP any other stupid ideas like how to make toast in the bathtub for a comfy snack while you soak?
>>
>>34794874
That's what I'm saying only memesters or retards recommend GOMAD for guys like that.

GOMAD is retarded even on a bulk unless you're literally undernourished, and even then - as soon as you hit a non-skelly bf% you should quit it immediately. 2400kcals from milk means either going into such a huge surplus that no one but guys who inject half a pharmacy every week could see any benefit from it without putting on tons of lard and/or getting too much fat and too little fiber, micros and carbs.
>>
File: Cindy_in_-"The_Fundraiser-".jpg (45KB, 1276x722px) Image search: [Google]
Cindy_in_-"The_Fundraiser-".jpg
45KB, 1276x722px
>>34793496
>10 sets of 1 to 3 reps

Oh you're one of those faggots who take up the bench with five minute breaks between your "sets"
>>
>>34793496
powerlifting is the autist's sport
>>
>10 sets of 1 to 3 reps
Enjoy Snap City
>>
Brother can I have some oats

We are starving for oats brother
>>
>>34793568
This. Fucking retarded faggot thinking he has any idea how to exercise. Bulgarian bench program is best if you want to get some increase in strenght but its in no fucking way 1-3 reps.
>>
File: puglife.jpg (8KB, 167x204px) Image search: [Google]
puglife.jpg
8KB, 167x204px
>>34793496
>10 sets of 1 to 3 reps.
>1 to 3 reps.
>1
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.