[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /meditation/ here? I'm starting to see gains after a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: meditation.jpg (92KB, 800x488px) Image search: [Google]
meditation.jpg
92KB, 800x488px
Who /meditation/ here? I'm starting to see gains after a year.

I've become better at filtering my desires and wants, being able to distinguish the things I do from what I am. I've lost interest in playing video games and found more passion for playing music. I can also handle emotions better, allowing myself to experience fear and pain without integrating these emotions as truths such as: "I am weak" or "I am a bad person." Furthermore, I am beginning to get a knack for sensing if others around me have it the same way, or if they self-identify with their emotions. For example, if someone answers a question incorrectly in class, they seem to take it as a personal failure rather than constructive criticism, because they want to look good in the face of others, and perhaps also for themselves.
It's an interesting development and I'm looking forward to honing this new perspective of mine.
Has anyone else noticed any progress after meditating?
>>
>>34792527

I still don't understand what meditation is. Do you just sit and silence and do nothing?
>>
>>34792527
How often do you meditate OP?
>>
>>34792639
There are different schools of meditation. Whether you sit or lie down is a matter of preference. Many experience greater focus when sitting, but some experience back pain when sitting still upright and prefer to lie down.
There are many different focuses one may have when meditating, depending on school. For beginners, a commonly recommended focus is on the breath. Observe your own breath as it passes in and out of your nose, without controlling the breath. You can try this right now for one minute and see how it makes you feel afterwards.

The point is allowing thoughts and ideas to drift across your mind without being distracted by them, keeping focused on your very existence. Eventually, you learn to not identify with those thoughts and ideas, reclining instead into a consciousness untainted by constructed concepts.
>>34792667
I try to meditate 20 minutes every day, either in the morning or after dinner.
>>
>>34792527
PLease anon.
I know this image was attached to a meditation song in youtube.
I have been searching for it for 2 years with no success.
Pls deliver and you get a rare pepe !
>>
Are there any meditation infographics?

If I consistently practice closing my eyes for ten minutes at a time and keeping it empty, will that do?
>>
nah nigga fuck that nerd shit i get the same effect from taking vyvanse without having to do all that monotonous bullshit
>>
>>34792639
That is literally all it is. It's sitting in silence, as if you were going to sleep but not actually going to sleep. It's a waste of time.

Buddhists do it because it's a waste of time. Because they're trying to do nothing, as that is their ultimate goal: To do and be nothing.
It won't give you powers. It won't grant you superior insight. It won't do anything besides waste time.
>>
>>34792748
As you meditate for longer stretches of time, you will experience that focus drifts away from the breath and lingers on thoughts that cross your mind. When this happens, do not be discouraged. Instead, simply acknowledge non-judgmentally that your focus is now on an idea, and guide that focus gently back towards your breath. This is perhaps the only "rule" to meditation that one should adhere to. As long as you follow this rule, there is no such thing as a good or bad session of meditation. You should not enter a session expecting to feel great during or afterwards, lest you set yourself up for disappointment. Some days you have greater focus than other days, also during meditation. This is natural and okay. Do not be discouraged into meditating because you think today might be a bad day for meditating. It will be what it will be.
>>
>>34792801
Hello, anti-Buddhist. I see you're still refraining from using a tripcode. Why is that?
>>34792765
I am not familiar with what you seek.
>>34792796
I am not familiar with vyvanse, but I did LSD once and I certainly see similarities between a psychedelic experience and a meditative one. For me, it was useful to experience LSD around the same time that I started meditating. It gave me a strong direction in consciousness that I could later search for while meditating, without depending on a drug.
>>34792781
They probably exist. I don't have any.
Ten minutes is plenty of time for a new beginner.
I suggest using a gentle alarm clock to notify you when the time has passed, and to make a daily routine out of it.
>>
>>34792748
Why is this one post more helpful than all the therapy and group cbt they've put me through
>>
Meditate every day, mon.
>>
>>34792901
vyvanse is an adhd drug. adhd is seen as an executive functioning disorder, which has to do with low dopamine in the prefrontal cortex (where planning, organizing tasks, prioritizing, emotional regulation, etc) takes place

since vyvanse is an amphetamine, it just boosts dopamine flow to that area (which meditation is also known to do)

whenever i'm on amphetamines, i cannot care about anything that would normally bother me, i just feel motivated to do things that are personally important to me. i dont feel insecure or self conscious either
>>
Good thread, OP.

I took a course in Transcendental Meditation once... I liked it. Not sure why I gave it up, probably due to my ADD. It's hard for me to keep doing things every day.

I'll give it another go this morning.
>>
File: emma.gif (6KB, 81x108px) Image search: [Google]
emma.gif
6KB, 81x108px
>>34792910
They put you through GROUP cock and ball torture?

You must have fucked up bad, anon.
>>
yet you haven't surpassed the urge to shill for attention from anons on 4chan
NOT GONNA MAKE IT
faggot
>>
File: 1471401581096.jpg (8KB, 159x182px) Image search: [Google]
1471401581096.jpg
8KB, 159x182px
>>34792801
I opened this thread because I had a hunch you'd be there.

I can't believe someone can be this autistic.
>>
>>34792527
I do, but I'm too inconsistent. For like 2 months I meditated daily and my anxiety and depression got better.
Thanks for the reminder, I actually wanted to start again today along with doing some cardio.
>>
File: what if i kiss u.jpg (45KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
what if i kiss u.jpg
45KB, 360x240px
>>34792955
Interesting. It is nice that you have experienced a state of consciousness that you can relate to when meditating. It gives motivation to keep at it.
>>34792965
For me, it is all about creating a predictable routine and not just meditating when I feel like it. It's like exercising in this manner. I try to do it every morning myself.
>>34792910
The body and mind have remarkable capabilities of healing itself.
>>34793265
In this perspective, anything you do is interpreted as an attempt to shill for attention. Like nihilism, it is a dead end.
>>34793631
I'm glad to see others finally recognizing him and learning to stop taking his bait. He has an astonishing talent for derailing these threads.
>>34793728
>Thanks for the reminder
You're welcome, anon! Don't forget to give your feet a good rub after exercising!
>>
>>34792527
Man, I should really start meditating again. I think I'll set aside 10 or 15 minutes for it tonight.
>>
>>34792527
DO YOU HAVE A GF OP?

Oregano
Orimagi
>>
>>34794150
Consider this, anon. Are you asking the question because you are curious of my current life situation? Or are you asking the question in order to validate a gut reaction for disregarding a confronting perspective that challenges your current familiar and safe concepts?
>>
>>34794296
I think he wants to know if meditating will get him a gf, which he does not think it will do and is ridiculing you for practicing it.
>>
File: starting sit.jpg (957KB, 518x3648px) Image search: [Google]
starting sit.jpg
957KB, 518x3648px
>>34792781

I have an infograph anon, here you go
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.