[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw dumb INTP but i'm not as dumb as how original

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

File: 1465137707502.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465137707502.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>tfw dumb INTP
but i'm not as dumb as how original this post is
>>
>tfw uninterested intp
>>
>>34791732
thats a nice widescreen crt
>>
>>34791732
>tfw sperg INTP
>>
File: IMG_4796.jpg (53KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4796.jpg
53KB, 645x968px
>>34791732
I know that feel.
Luckily I have autistic tendencies so I can compensate abit.
>>
>>34791732
>tfw smart intp
>the only thing that interests you in marine biology field research
>live in the middle of the desert, dirt poor and antisocial
Flood the fucking planet already god so I can study muh fish
>>
>>34792172
What's your favourite type of fish, anon?
>>
File: R7LxSaS.jpg (619KB, 1181x676px) Image search: [Google]
R7LxSaS.jpg
619KB, 1181x676px
>tfw BPD INFP male
There is no hope lads. Make it stop.
>>
>>34792195
Anglerfish of any type. I generally like anything that lives in the aphotic zone or below though.
>>
>>34792224

>Anglerfish of any type.
Good taste desu.

>anything that lives in the aphotic zone or below though

What's your opinion on David Attenborough's documentaries on deep sea animals? I think they're pretty comfy.
>>
>>34792292
>What's your opinion on David Attenborough's documentaries on deep sea animals?
Very comfy indeed. I need to find some more deep sea documentaries to watch.
>tfw you will never map the ocean's depths in your comfy submarine and record data on lifeforms that have never been seen before
>>
>>34792321
They say that the ocean depths are the last unexplored frontier on this earth.

It sure would be a great and rewarding feat to explore and catalogue them.
>>
>>34792172
>>34792172

I'm very similar. Main interest area is comparative Anatomy. no friends
>>
>>34792224
I wanted to do my thesis on monognathus. It's one of the more Drive the members of the saccopharyngiformes. The skeletal anatomy is super derived, and they have the same extreme sexual dimorphism that most deep sea angler fishes have. It didn't pan out because my advisor was terrible. But it's something I'm still really interested in
>>
>>34792488
Comparative anatomy seems like a pretty comfy thing. What do you like about it?

>>34792468
>It sure would be a great and rewarding feat to explore and catalogue them.
I could die happy if I ever got to go on a sub trip down to the aphotic zone to be quite honest.

>>34792515
>saccopharyngiformes
saccopharyngiformes are pretty based too.
>deep sea angler fishes
>angler fishes
>fishes
THE PLURAL OF FISH IS JUST FISH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34792321
>>34792468
>>34792488
>>34792515
It's nice to see other anons that are interested in science, personally I'm a space kind of guy, I want to play a part in sending humanity to the stars.
>>
>>34792542
I like skeletal and muscular stuff. Also do a lot of creature design, so it's neat to be able to also do fantasy creatures.

Saccopharyngiformes, they're exciting to me because they're not being researched very much, but due to conditions in the Abyssal Zone, They Live fundamentally differently from any other form of life.

Like for signaling, they release pheromones, but because the salinity level differs every few feet and forms a series of layers, the pheromones spread out in a circle around the fish only in that one layer.

The female is venomous, and the male is basically just a swimming olfactory organ
>>
>tfw intp with crippling fear of failure
>>
>>34792552
I like the sciences, but personally my dream is to write good narrative literature. I have several elaborate canons of fictional worlds in my head.

Of course, it's probably never going to happen because no motivation and a fear of it turning out to be unrewarding, but hey, I can dream.
>>
>>34792583
Just curious, do you ever admire animals for being so good at what they do? They seem like such fine specimens of their species when hunting, breeding and living in general.

It's amazing to see them in action, they're like well-oiled machines forged by millions of years of natural selection. It's great.
>>
File: gyrocreature.png (25KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gyrocreature.png
25KB, 1000x1000px
>>34792603
>>tfw intp with crippling fear of failure
That's all of us bro

>>34792552
>I want to play a part in sending humanity to the stars.
If you go to any ocean planets, take me with you please.

>>34792583
>Also do a lot of creature design, so it's neat to be able to also do fantasy creatures.
Post some! I want to see. I've been trying to come up with some ideas for creatures to use in a game I'm working on but I'm no good at realism, the 'best' idea I had so far was a creature that has a central "basin" supported in a gyroscope body that it fills with dirt and uses to grow plants on. It has tongues around the edge of this basin for catching insects that are attracted to the plants in the center, it has the gyroscope body so it won't ever tip out it's "garden" and probably starve if it did so.
Highly unrealistic, I know.
>>
Do any other intps have troubles committing to one field of study? I'm only moderately interested in a handful of things and nothing even catches my eye enough to begin starting to any serious extent.

In fact even when it comes to video games I'll play them for a a week or two till I hit a high rating then not want to master it beyond that point.
>>
File: out clubbing with the lads.png (2MB, 800x912px) Image search: [Google]
out clubbing with the lads.png
2MB, 800x912px
>>34792721
>tfw no sacs filled with metabolically-generated hydrogen to float through the skies of Darwin IV

why even live?
>>
>>34792712
I do a lot of those sections. I think it's incredible that a lot of what animals do is reflected in their Anatomy. Like the anatomy is perfectly honed to fit in the intersection of environment and behavior.
>>
>>34792794
RIP in peace sweet recon blimps.
>>
>>34792794
Oh my God I have that book! Wayne barlowe is incredible
>>
>>34792657
I'm not much of a writer but I get all these crazy ideas and fantasies in my head, sci-fi obviously and I tell myself that tomorrow I'll write a story, but I never do, maybe one day I will though.

>>34792721
>If you go to any ocean planets, take me with you please.
You seem like a pretty cool guy, I would, I can imagine us on a mission together, it reminds me of this idea I got a few days ago about dropping a submarine from orbit straight into the sea.
>>
>>34792721
Well there's something I drew a while back
>>
File: raincoat.png (84KB, 295x303px) Image search: [Google]
raincoat.png
84KB, 295x303px
>>34792823
I used to have the hard copy of the book. My mother and my father had split up a couple of years before, and I only spent every second weekend with my father. He cherished the time he spent with me, and it's sad to think that he got the raw end of a divorce he didn't even ask for.

Anyway, one birthday I had, he looked everywhere for the book and ended up getting it for me after I asked for it. I loved it, and read the whole book in a few days. The book stayed at his place.

However, my dad eventually lost the house after brain surgery forced him to move into a "shared home" (read: old folk's home, but with disabled people instead of old people). The book was lost with it. Fortunately, I managed to download the PDF a few months back off the internet and re-read the book. It's fantastic.

I'd find a way to send the pdf to you if you want. Would creating a throwaway email account work?
>>
>>34792871
>this idea I got a few days ago about dropping a submarine from orbit straight into the sea.
Sounds like a good way to end up with a busted submarine and a dead crew desu. Not only does it have to survive the heat from entering the atmosphere but then you're basically throwing it at the ground and hoping it doesn't smash into tiny little pieces.
Sorry to burst your bubble anon but water isn't a magic buffer that lets you survive any fall. Even on earth people can die if you jump into the ocean from a great enough height, throwing a submarine at the ocean from orbit is about as likely to survive untouched as a human is dropped from 200 metres.

>>34792892
That looks pretty interesting anon. What are those extra limbs on the back for?
>>
>>34792904
It's okay, but thanks for the offer! I actually have a physical copy of the book. I snagged it off of an old officemate.

he actually has several other books, and there's some books along the same lines.

Terryl whitlatch wrote a series of books about the biology of Star Wars creatures its really cool. Dougal Dixon, wrote a series of books hypothesizing about animals after the extinction of man.

Sorry to hear about your dad man. that's rough.
>>
>>34792956
Well, to be honest the biology of this one isn't really thought out that well. But they're actually for grooming.
>>
>>34792892
Looks nifty as fuck anon, good job.

>>34792871
My stories are generally about the nature of a future society in a sci-fi-esque setting. For instance, a thirteen colonies-like revolution in an extrasolar, tidally-locked colony world, a subsistence agriculture-practicing people worshipping a gnostic cult religion on a resource-depleted earth, and a medieval/fantasy but geographically triassic-esque world (the climate and supercontinent geography could create some interesting societies, and I imagine militant desert-based religions like Islam would emerge).
>>
>>34792987
Why the claws and fingers then? And why does an animal with no fur or feathers care so much about grooming?

It looks cool but I don't think it's practical. Any arms in that location would probably be atrophied stubs of an organ that had use in the evolutionary past.
>>
>>34793005
Thank you!

I think people would be extremely tribalistic given the absence of enough resources to go around. They may also have extreme religious practices to appease higher forces. Similar to human sacrifice in the Aztecs.

Would these people mostly get their resources from the sea? What degree of domestication what they have? Would they have at least some larger domesticated animals?
>>
>>34793025
That's a good point. It really wasn't well thought out when I threw it.

Although I would like to point out that some animals do have well form the claws and digits on atrophied Hind limbs. A lot of the ancient whales come to mind, large pythons will always have a single claw next to the vent to assist with mating.
>>
>>34792956
Well I didn't mean just drop it and hope for the best, the submarine would need some way to safely land but I just like the idea of it getting to the planet by itself, I'd say it's possible but the real question is if it's practical, which I hope it is.

>>34793005
Wow that sounds fucking cool, mine are more along the lines of shows like firefly with cute little ships and their lovable crews flying across space, I also get these ideas about crazy massive structures with stupid amounts of corridors, there's just something I love about corridors.

There's also some other larger scale ones like stories about civilisations on planets without Suns.
>>
This is kind of a cool chat. Lots of creative robots in here
>>
>>34793043
I think that extreme religious practices are probably a given in a lot of these scenarios. As Nietzsche mentioned in Thus Spoke Zarathustra, the virtues of a people reflect their circumstances and needs.

I can imagine the gnostic-like subsistence people engaging in extreme fasting, which exemplifies their aversion to material reality and also conveniently saves resources. Other communities would engage in ritual cannibalism (generally funeral cannibalism, as Papuan tribes do today) or the sacrifice of children and the elderly in times of need (saves resources, "plea to the gods"). I

For the extrasolar colony one, I'd imagine religion is composed of shallow, fractured cults that appear to be parodies of transplanted earth religions (with people picking and choosing beliefs and generally acting like post-modernist new-agers), along with the seedlings of more authentic, home-grown religious thought emerging among the rural communities of the planet. There would also be those in asteroid or lunar mining colonies who would see religion as inefficient or illogical and suppress it.

For the tidally locked world, yes, most people would get resources from the sea. Geoengineering and transforming of the ecosystem would promote the growth of huge fisheries, and massive plankton blooms would supply the planet with much-needed oxygen. A large ocean cover on the tidally-locked world also moderates climate hugely.

In the latter two scenarios, I imagine soil is poor, albeit for different reasons (depletion in one, climate in another). Drought-resistant crops and hardy animals like goats (which can provide milk as well as meat) would be common. The sea would be a primary source of food for coastal communities, but inland communities would be more cut off from this and be forced to rely on a mix of subsistence agriculture and foraging for food. Pastoral lifestyles and famines would be commonplace. People would cluster around water sources.
>>
>>34793059
Maybe they're used as defense against some other animal, a dangerous parasite or something. You always have to remember when designing a creature that things don't evolve in a vacuum, you can justify almost any design by having another creature that design is adapted to work against.

>>34793084
>the real question is if it's practical, which I hope it is.
If the planet is too dangerous to go down to yourself then it's more than practical, it's the only course of action.
As far as safely landing it though I'd say it'd be quite similar to landing a land rover, except the landing pod might have to float for a while so the unmanned craft can come online correctly.
Honestly the far bigger issue is getting power to the thing if you can't go down to the planet.
>>
>tfw black INFP
>tfw people who are attracted to the shy, sensitive, daydream-prone type usually prefer whites/asians
>>
>>34793043
cont'd

Yes, people would be extremely tribalistic in the latter two scenarios. I imagine a situation similar to Bedouins in the Middle East, or perhaps Greek dark ages-esque city states which engage in yearly war.

On the tidally locked planet, I imagine things would be a lot more cosmopolitan. The generally uniform flow of different peoples from earth coming and mixing, along with contrast to the earthlings which the colonial government works on the behalf of, create a distinct planetary identity.

Asteroid and lunar mining colonies likely create their own identities, although most communities would often be more corporate than permanent (although there is a Ganymede-esque moon further out from the tidally-locked world where people live underground and get water from ice deposits, they have a rather disturbing culture where pill-popping is the norm due to constant claustrophobic conditions and constant artificial light, and people who have mental breakdowns get thrown out into the vacuum at the surface)

>>34793059
Hmm, so your creature is an evolutionary middle-stage of sorts? It'd probably be quite an enigma if it was real.

>>34793084
>I also get ideas about crazy massive structures with stupid amounts of corridors

You could always go with derelict Dyson Spheres, just lying in space. That'd be pretty cool for space explorers to come across.
>>
>>34793084
>There's also some other larger scale ones like stories about civilisations on planets without Suns.
Where would they get their energy from?
>>
>>34793325
>Where would they get their energy from?
Molten cores? Even on earth there's deep ocean creatures that get their energy from superheated water coming out of vents, they'd still live even if the sun were to disappear.
>>
>>34793244
Yeah power would pose a problem, even with the more efficient power reserves and generators of the future, I'm thinking a small thing too, like 5 people at most. Recovery on an entirely aquatic world would be trouble too.

>>34793306
They would most definitely be an interesting encounter but I would make them really rare in any universe I created, or maybe they'd be things of legend.

>>34793325
Geothermal and nuclear seem like they'd work alright.
>>
>>34791732
INFP here

sensitive as fuck......but i'm used to it i guess
>>
File: 1485303537468.png (94KB, 362x492px) Image search: [Google]
1485303537468.png
94KB, 362x492px
>>34791732
>tfw completely apathetic to everything in my life
>can't even get myself out of bed in the morning
Help me, I want to be productive, but simply can't.
>>
>>34791732
>tfw Diogenes intp
>>
File: IMG_20161130_230432.jpg (15KB, 125x147px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161130_230432.jpg
15KB, 125x147px
>>34794606
Welcome to this ride I call HELL, fellow robot
>>
>>34794606
>managed to get a great apartment in the middle of the capitol city
>make a lot of money, never spend it
>work out for more than two years now so my body looks great
>25 yo, I never go out bc of lazyness and it all seems so trivial.

How do other people do it? I'm so bored by everything and the couple of friends I have don't mean anything to me. I want to force myself to meet an Infj girl but the odds of finding one is so low I don't even bother. of course I'm a kv but it doesn't matter to me, yet I would still like a girl that I care about. oh and of course all these isfj girls hit on me (at the gym or at work) but they are all so boring. Is this our destiny?
>>
File: IMG_1817.jpg (97KB, 528x798px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1817.jpg
97KB, 528x798px
INTP with GAD, MDD, and chronic pain. Anxiety since I was born, pretty much, and depression for the last half year.

Haven't committed sudoku yet because of religion and family saying "no"
>>
>INTP thinks he's worthless

Why do INTPs have low self esteem? It's not as bad as INFPs but I thought that they would be at the same level as INTJs.
>>
>>34792468
I think it's ridiculous how we still haven't charted the bottom depths. Why haven't we?
>>
>INFP
>quiet and aloof in public
>emotional wreck when i'm alone
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.