[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey anons, do anti-depression meds work? How long until

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hey anons, do anti-depression meds work? How long until they start working?
>>
SSRIs/SNRIs are a meme. They make you want to not kill yourself but they also turn you into a vegetable.
>>
Drugs like Zoloft use seratonin so it depends on if its the right drug or if you need something different or a stronger dosage. For me I just found alot of the shit I was struggling with went away - ACTUALLY BEING ABLE TO GET A FUCKING NIGHTS REST. Regulating emotions so you don't suddenly feel suicidal after a small mishap (though they do try to do this in conjunction with cognitive behavioural therapy ) . You'll feel a bit sleepy alot at first, due to the seratonin so take it at night.

A few days and you should notice some difference. Don't be a dumbass and think you'll suddenly be happy and everything though. It just helps to have your brain atleast functioning like a normal persons.
>>
>>34789685
Why don't you just get more sunlight, eat healthier, and be more active? Stop thinking pills are the solution to all your problems. The modern lethargic way in which you're living is what's dragging your mood down and causing chemical imbalance.
>>
i dont know but have you ever felt the cold grip of death upon your nutsack? it's truly a one of a kind sensation
>>
>>34789685
Depends on the meds. Can take a couple of weeks, and things can get worse before they get better.

I've never been on one that hasn't made me feel just numb. When you're in the shit, numb is good, but over a long enough time, you grow to hate numbness more than depression.
>>
>>34789869
Fun fact, you get the same reaction to Prozac simply by eating a couple of handfuls of raw cashews per day, with none of the side effects.

Not saying that Prozac is for everyone, but if it IS for you, cashews are much cheaper.
>>
>>34789685
Aerobic exercise has been shown to be as effective, with fewer side effects, as Zoloft.
>>
>>34789967
really, I would like to not be depressed but I won't go to a doctor, is this true,? I tried saint johns wort which is supposed to be similar to ssri but I got sunburn after standing in the sun for like 15 minutes and I read it can damage retinas
>>
>>34789999
True according to the nutritionist I saw regarding something else (wife was losing weight for a while).

Eat a couple of handfuls of raw cashews every day, and do a good 30 minutes of exercise, and you should have the combined effects of taking a Zoloft and a Prozac.

That said, Welbutrin worked best for me, but I'm so fucking glad I'm off it now. Life sucks on anti-depressants.

If you want, I can give you the regiment I use for exercise.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.