[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gas station cashier here. Why are there so many stupid, rude,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0620.jpg (43KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0620.jpg
43KB, 250x228px
Gas station cashier here.
Why are there so many stupid, rude, animalistic, worthless fucking people in the world?
The people I have to provide service for make me yearn for war and plague.
>>
>>34789055
Well, presuming you have an average IQ, literally half of the world is going to be dumber than you.

As far as, "rude, animalistic, worthless," most people aren't that to the people they care for, or people that they just generally like.

People's mood immediately improves if they walk into a KFC, and a guy asks then how they are doing with a friendly tone. They'll typically say something like, "I'm alright, you?"

If they say something like, "Finger-licking good!" in return, then those people will probably laugh and be more inclined to treat that dude well, because that cashier has made himself likable.
>>
>>34789112
If a person can't be bothered to treat anyone but those close to them decently, they do not deserve to have anyone close to them
I hope I see the day where these disgusting, weak, feeble minded creatures are no longer protected by the rules and laws of society
>>
>>34789214
If they weren't protected by the rules and laws of society, there would just be a bubble of people who trust each other forming a hierarchy in order to protect themselves.

It's not like the concept of society is antithetical to human nature. Modern society is simply taking human nature and expanding it to insane heights to maximize productivity and earnings.

If you take whatever a stranger does to you personally, its because you don't have enough people close to you.
>>
>>34789281
Can you explain this more? I don't quite understand, especially the "bubbles of hierarchy" part
Basically, it fills me with rage that someone who is physically weak, who is dim witted, who does nothing to better themselves and who has no appreciation for beauty or spirituality or kindness or manners can act condescending and boorish towards me, someone who has been educated and trains athletically and challenges themselves, who could literally kill them, all because I'm having a hard time finding better work
>>
>>34789417
>>34789281
You are right that I have very few people I might call close to me but I don't get how that's a factor
>>
>>34789055

As frustrating as it might be your line of thinking is what causes most of the problems in the world today. People need to be educated not eliminated. Although you are working at a place people literally go to for convenience where people won't often think about showing courtesy or respect and this is most likely a temporary job you don't give two shits about it should be expected to run into a general attitude of disinterest from customers. However, showing kindness and being genuine in the face of such remarks will make an impact on people. I've been to maybe a dozen gas stations to refuel or buy cheap snacks/beverages for road trips but the one I remember told me a joke and asked for my best one. Opening up people to a conversation is something even a antisocial friendless loser like me can appreciate.
>>
>>34789417
You work at a fucking gas station, anon. Pretty hard to pretend you're the better person compared to anyone. Especially since you're so mentally sensitive that you pitch a little fit on a Singaporean quilting telnet about it.
>>
File: bodyguard1.jpg (162KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
bodyguard1.jpg
162KB, 1280x960px
>>34789417
People can be helpful in more ways than being physically strong. Then can give out advice, or make you laugh when you need it most. Just because they don't do it to you doesn't mean that they are incapable of it; just that they don't deem you worth the investment for whatever reason.

People can't help if they are dim-witted or not. Sure, it effects how they are treated, and how they treat others, but so does height. Kind of stupid to hate someone for things they can't change.

>who does nothing to better themselves
How do you know? I mean, honestly, how do you know that they don't better themselves? If I came in and bought a pack of smokes from you, would you have any fucking clue what I was did, or was doing? Would you know whether I jogged 5 miles per day? Would you know if I was married, or if that marriage was happy? Would there be kids that I was raising? Would you know if I was taking night classes while working my 3rd shift job?

>who has no appreciation for beauty or spirituality or kindness or manners can act condescending and boorish towards me
They can appreciate all of those things, and still act boorish towards you, because of the subtle clues that you give off. Or maybe you're being friendly, and they are just having a bad day. Or maybe they are just concerned about things greater than the opinion of the person who slings packs of smokes at them.

>who could literally kill them
I'm 5'9, 135lbs with workboots on. You could not kill me and get away clean yourself. Sure, you could probably stab me repeatedly in the chest, but I will have enough time left in my life to plug you with my Bodyguard that I CC. Thinking that you are better than people that you do not know intimately is arrogant and dangerous.

>all because I'm having a hard time finding better work
It has nothing to do with that. They just don't care about you at all.
>>
>>34789465
It's hard work. It's not prestigious but it's honest and hard. It's not that I think I'm better than them for the things that I do, it's the way they treat people. I don't care if someone is fat, wearing pajamas, and buying an armful of junk food to go home and watch the Big Bang theory, if they can say please and thank you and pick up after themselves then how they live their life is their business. I'm not a machine god damn it!
>>
>>34789434
Don't expect to be treated like you are important if you aren't important.

Think about it philosophically. In philosophy, you start with nothing, and expand from there, right? Well, applying that logic to interactions, you can expect that people will acknowledge your existence when it is in their interest to do so. To go beyond that minimum, it must also be in their interest to go beyond.

But I haven't heard claims from you, or anyone else in this thread, about how YOU went into a gas station, where you didn't know the cashier, and tried to become intimate friends with the person who was ringing you up.

Cashiers are a profession that exist simply as a means to an end. Do you thank every single person you encounter for the job that they do? Do you write a thank you letter in Chinese to the people who made your shoes, and ask the person receiving it to pass it around the sweat shop?
>>
>>34789589
I don't ask that they go out of their way to be my friend, or make my life easier, I want them to think about the consequences of their actions. I don't write a letter to the guy who sewed my shirt because he is on the other side of the world. But I do thank my waiters and leave them a tip. I don't go into a restaurant 10 minutes before they close because I know the staff wants to go home. I don't drop trash into urinals because I know someone will have to fish it out. I clean up messes I make because I know if I don't someone else will
>>
>>34789661
And you think that the majority of the population is any different than you?
>>
>>34789682
Yes! They toss money at me as if I were a vending machine, they leave piles of trash in the floor when there is a trash can steps away, they deserve to be beaten until they piss blood
>>
>>34789763

Yeah dude nobody cares about you or your job. You think this is some disney fucking wonderland? So many people love to use self checkout, for example, because they couldn't give one fuck about the human who had been doing it. Your job is just pointless bullshit that'll be outmoded soon. Not to rip into you, but people treat you like a robot because you have a robot job. That's what all the low tier jobs of the service industry are: shit so menial and unthinking that it would be far more pleasant to have a robot do it, because nobody wants human interaction during those moments.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.