[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever feel like the days of being a happy nerd on the internet

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0809.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0809.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
Do you ever feel like the days of being a happy nerd on the internet are long gone? Everyone feels so jaded and cynical now, does anyone come online to have fun anymore? It feels like reality and the internet have become so intertwined you cant even use the internet as an escape anymore.

Did I just get older? Does anyone else feel this way?
>>
Kids still use Internet for fun times and luls. It's not the same though at all, for all the obvious reasons!! Went from the wild west to the ball pit in McDonald.
>>
>>34787889
>Did I just get older
No, Smartphone culture existed.

The real Internet still exists, friend.
You can find it in many places; Look to other imageboards.

Also, Look to i2p and the Tor network, those are some of the most beautiful networks in existence.
>>
>>34787912
Are they having the same type of fun we had? Most of these kids I see are on social media. Do kids still shitpost on forums and troll online games like we did?
>>
>>34787889

Oh yes, I'd imagine most of the people on this board who were regular Internet users before the mid to late 2000s feel this way to some extent.

Social media is mostly to blame, along with the prevalence of smartphones.. the normies took over.

The magic is gone.
>>
>>34787947
probably not. shit's just too confined to streamlined sites and any online game is gonna have much better older trolls
>>
File: IMG_0253.jpg (67KB, 762x388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0253.jpg
67KB, 762x388px
social media managed to set us apart more than it brought us together, funny how that works.

Now everyone is focused on themselves, before you would go on the internet to find likeminded individuals and make great memories with them. Now it's all about stroking your ego and getting as many people to acknowledge you as possible.

Our time has long passed, anon.
>>
>>34787947
Forums definitely aren't a thing anymore. I checked all the old forums I used to browse and they're all either gone or complete wastelands. Pretty depressing
>>
it really is.

i can't stand most social media sites anymore since everything seems so personally connected that it's impossible to on tangents(like this) without seeming like a psycho.

only reason i can do it here is because it's anonymous.

fuck everything about current day internet connectivity.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.