[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, guys. Can we talk about vidya? What have you played recently

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1462072690794.jpg (166KB, 1280x1374px) Image search: [Google]
1462072690794.jpg
166KB, 1280x1374px
Hey, guys. Can we talk about vidya? What have you played recently that you really liked? What about something that helped you with sadness/depression, whether it was relatable or just a good distraction or escape? Do you have any obscure recs?

I'd go to /v/ but their board moves fast and I just wanted to make a general video game thread and what my fellow robots like.
>>
File: header.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
As for what I played recently that I enjoyed as an escape, I liked Valley. It was a short, beautiful game with good music that I finished in a day or two. It wasn't too hard and collectibles don't matter much, so I'd recommend not stressing about it and just progressing as fast as you feel like and exploring only as much as you want.
>>
>>34787347
>What have you played recently that you really liked?
Honey Select
>>
File: charlie_pepesilvia1.png (242KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
charlie_pepesilvia1.png
242KB, 512x384px
I just bought Final Fantasy XIV but I have a shit internet connection where I live. It maxes out at 90 kb/s. So I have devised this ingenious solution:

>bring my laptop to the college library
>download the 24 GB game
>move the game onto a flash drive
>move the game from the flash drive onto my computer at home
>tether my phone to the computer with USB plug
>use AT&T mobile data to play FFXIV with a 3 mb/s connection

These bastard ISP motherfuckers won't run a better cable through my swamp so I have to get creative.
>>
>>34787347
i've been playing hearthstone because my PC broke

it doesnt help with saddness or depression and infact makes me more depressed
>>
I have been playing the For Honor beta all day. I have been having quite a bit of fun. This year will be fun for games. I have preordered Persona 5's collector's edition.
>>
Honestly, I have been playing the last of us on hard. It has been really fun (although i've only played it in about 30 minute long sections). I haven't figured out why people hate on this game so much. sure, the gameplay isn't complicated, nor is the combat good... but it isn't meant to be an rpg or an arcade game. i think the shooting and sneaking is fun enough to be a nice suspensful game. it is enough for me to play and forget about the problems of my own life for a short while. i don't see why everyone of /v/ hates on this game other then
>muh cinema

also.. sorry. im drunk
>>
>>34787599
I know this is (probably) a joke post, but thanks for reminding me about it. I was meaning to dl and play it but wanted to wait for it to be out for a while for DLCs and people knowing how to play it.

Hopefully I can make Chun Li get raped by shotas.
>>
>>34787801
It's not a joke post I literally just had a fap to it 20 minutes ago. Lately I've been hooked on making new girls.
>>
>>34787347
I bought a DJ Hero and it was pretty good.
>>
>>34787824
Is it auto-animated, like can I make characters and use premade sexual positions to watch them fuck? I tried out The Klub but it was very meh and just fucked off. Couldn't figure it out and the animations when I could get them to work were meh.
>>
>>34787898
The main game (Honey Select) is more like a mini-game where you create girls (or download their premade "cards" on the booru), call them and then fuck them in various positions. It's kinda barebones because while the female character creator is pretty good, the male character creator lacks decent options, though maybe mods fix this? You can't have threesomes or gangbangs either so that was really disappointing when I found out.

On the other hand there's HoneyStudio which is supposed to have a lot more options and variety but it's way more complicated than the game. I have no idea how to use it so you're better off asking any questions you have in the /h/ Honey Select general.
>>
>>34787728
I've wanted to play this forever and have managed to avoid spoilers, but after hearing some vague shit I can guess what it probably is. Do you play it in such lengths because it's a draining game like the Resident Evil series or The Evil Within due to scary shit/tension/resource scarcity? That's why I played RE and TEW in 30 min bursts, vs Dying Light which was the first game in a long time that I played for several hours at a time.

I don't have any friends, let alone one with a PS3, so it might be a while since I'm a NEET and don't want to buy a PS3 just for that shit.
>>
F F X I V B O I S
>>
File: Xenoblade_box_artwork[1].png (189KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_box_artwork[1].png
189KB, 250x350px
finished this up a few days ago

I think it's my favorite game now
>>
Finished Tales of Xillia a month ago. Not a groundbreaking game by any means, but if you like JRPGs it's enjoyable.

I just finished replaying Secret of the Stars; a godawful, horrendous JRPG for the SNES that's so amazingly terrible that I couldn't put it down. In a weird way it was fun to keep playing this horrible game, it certainly distracted me from the rest of my life. Reminded me about MST3K, which usually cheers me up.
>>
>>34787347
Life is strange
Vampire the masquerade (You'll feel like a badass vampire)
Dark souls (1 and 2), You'll feel like a piece of shit, but you'll kill GODS... the feeling of accomplishment is good ...
Also
Stardew valley
>>
>>34787347
I play a lot of stepmania because I like listening to anime songs but I don't want to be self conscious about them showing up in my YT suggestions or search history, plus it's fun to play in general
>>
I replayed Portal today because I finally downloaded Portal 2.

>tfw Portal came out a decade ago
>tfw no one to play Portal 2 co-op with
>>
I played finished Alan Wake today.
It was pretty damn good.
>>
>>34787347
I've been playing Risk of Rain recently. It's fun to play, but also kinda sad once you piece together the story.

Do you have any obscure recs?

If you have a PS3, I finished Pupeteer a week ago and it was pretty good, and I'm about halfway through Folklore which is a very melancholic game about death. Also, if you like old stuff, Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole is one of my favorites of all time.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.