[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>b-but it's just a dating website >b-but correlation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: this kills the normie.png (24KB, 432x330px) Image search: [Google]
this kills the normie.png
24KB, 432x330px
>b-but it's just a dating website
>b-but correlation doesn't equal causation
>b-but it's a small sample size
>b-but that's just one study
>b-but it's different on the internet
>b-but they used a flaw methodology
>b-but anything I can use to pretend to be skeptical so I can ignore all the evidence stacked against me so I go back to safely to my just b urself normie just world ideology that I assume to be correct with no evidence at all
>>
what are you trying to argue NEET? who are you angry at?
>>
>>34786254
>People only value looks and base there opinions about a person on their looks
>People do judge books by their cover
Has anyone on this board ever denied that to be true?
>>
>>34786346

Yes, the "it's all about confidence and having an interesting personality" meme is a very pervasive one.
>>
>>34786385

I don't think people can just adopt confidence and a personality.
>>
>>34786346
find someone who denies it and 95% of the time you'll find it's also a femanon
>>
>>34786413
it doesnt matter. confidence + personality + ugly robot = friendzoned at best.
>>
>>34786413

I agree, you also can't choose to have a good personality at any time regardless of circumstances. That's another meme.
>just get a better brain and make up for 10 years of missed social experiences/development, bro
>>
>>34786413
Have you seen the memes with fedoras and katanas?
>>
>>34786428
This. Women lie through their teeth on stuff like this. Way too many of them also think they're special or unique

>>34786413
Not true. I did it over a 6 month period at the end of high school. It was fucking fruitless and I felt like I betrayed myself later, but it's not a meme.
>>
>>34786470

Those are only funny online.
>>
>>34786385
>>34786436
on a dating site, yes.
in conversational settings, no.

>realize your value as a human being. you're special and complex and interesting and have nice things to say.
>have a want to share those thoughts and feelings with another human.
>go out and say fuckin words to people until they love you.

it's very simple.
>>
File: unique special one of a kind.jpg (32KB, 409x470px) Image search: [Google]
unique special one of a kind.jpg
32KB, 409x470px
>>34786510
Must feel real nice
>>
File: 1482775718583.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1482775718583.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect
U retarded, son?
>>
>>34786579
no body is more important. nobody is "special" i guess. err'body unique though. everyone's got at least ONE good thing in their brain that nobody else has. it's nice finding it.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>34786639
>everyone's got at least ONE good thing in their brain that nobody else has.
Alright, you know that's not fucking true
>>
>>34786254
This proves that the normies were right all along. If you have a good personality, people will perceive you as better-looking, and vice versa.
>>
>>34786666
>6666
nice try, super satan.

but i do believe that. even the biggest shitheads i ever hung out with would have a shining moment once in a blue moon.

even the angry autists on this board can be funny/cool/smart sometimes
>>
>>34786770
I am a funny person but i am autistic and bitter
>>
>>34786254
what if personality correlates to looks because people with good natures are likelier to take care of themselves and be fashionable?
>>
>>34787489
You try booze? Turns autism into eccentricity.
>>
>>34786666
well, each of us has our own beautiful combination of mental disorders that make our particular brands of autism unique and special
>>
>>34786770
Problem is, one small redeeming feature doesn't make an asshole a worthwhile person.

Some people are legitimately awful, and others are just plain better; having "less awful" traits mixed in with the shitty retard ones doesn't make a complete wasteoid into something salvageable.
>>
>>34787568
I'm not saying everyone should be part of your life. I'm saying that everyone is worth a CHANCE
>>
>>34787523
I would do great in a drinking scenario I just don't know how to get to one. Don't know any people and have never been to a party. I guess I could go to a bar by myself.
>>
>>34786770

Being funny/cool/smart won't make you sexually attractive (not like you can just choose to be more intelligent anyway).
>>
This is a pretty well known phenomenon. There are several peer reviewed studies that support the idea that attractive people are judged to be more honest, more friendly, etc.

You picture is called "this kills the normie", but honestly I thought this was pretty universally acknowledged. To me it seems intuitive.
>>
>>34787602
>go bar
>get sloshed
>talk to the smokers outside
>>
>>34787632
>To me it seems intuitive.
yeah same

you can even see it here in /r9k/, people getting in a boner-fueled tizzy over their 3dpd waifus. you think these girls are perfect, but really, they're just cute and that's about all they have going for them
>>
File: whatsgood.png (89KB, 1162x352px) Image search: [Google]
whatsgood.png
89KB, 1162x352px
>>34787616
>Being funny/cool/smart won't make you sexually attractive
kek who told you this?

i'm ugly as shit. i talk my way into bed.
>>
>>34787644
alternatively
>go to bar
>get moderately tipsy
>talk to others at the physical bar

literally i became a regular who knows all the other regulars LITERALLY by just intruding on conversations i overheard at the bar, and being open to people doing the same to me

its like posting on 4chan. you dont ask permission to come into a thread, you just kinda post whatever. going to a bar and talking to people is basically just irl funposting
>>
>>34786254
When you're looking for a quick fuck, then personality doesn't matter.
>>
>>34787680
I was going for a more "introductory" approach.

But yeah just wait until you hear part of a conversation that you can tack some shit onto and jump in.
>>
>going online to meet your soulmate
are you dumb or something?
>>
>>34787673
This tbqhf. I like like knowing I can get a girl to love me. Especially if there's a challenge to it (bf/so, age difference, just being a cunt).
>>
>>34787511
>what if personality correlates to looks because people with good appearances are more likely to be treated well by other people

FTFY
>>
>>34787709
>>34787680
one important note: dont go to tables. this is something i see so many people do and its so cringey. "oh those girls in the corner over there look open" like no nigga theyre not, theyre at a table, dont bother them. they clearly are happy doing whatever theyre doing by themselves in the corner.

the places to talk to randos in a bar are at the literal bar, like with the high stools where you get served, and around games. pool tables, darts, etc. in general, people are open to letting you play with them, since the point of bar games is to challenge randos. sitting at the bar is more-or-less a signal that you're willing to engage others, since the bar is one big table and anyone can sit at it.

>>34787836
>attitude is the same as personality
no
>>
>>34787916
>>attitude is the same as personality
>no

>implying the treatment you receive from others for decades does not affect your personality
>>
>>34786311
He's pointing out that normies are shallow fools who instantly view people more positively when they are attractive. It's called the "Halo effect". Basically when people are viewed as attractive they are also viewed as better in every other aspect of life purely because people find them attractive.

These people don't actually have better personalities. They aren't any more interesting. They aren't any more successful. People simply believe they are because they look good.
>>
>>34786483
It's because they're been told by feminism that only men are shallow and objective the opposite gender. So they delude themselves into believing they don't do it because they're better than those evil misogynist pigs. But in reality they are just as bad, if not worse.
>>
>>34787972
>>implying the treatment you receive from others for decades does not affect your personality
It does, but not in the way you're thinking of. You might grow bitter, but will still be generally artistic or creative as opposed to technical or pragmatic. And even someone who's bitter should still have social tact and grace. They just won't want to socialize as much, or be more wary of new contacts.

Bullying doesn't cause autism.
>>
>>34788129
>You might grow bitter, but will still be generally artistic or creative as opposed to technical or pragmatic

It does when you were mercilessly harassed and bullied as a young child whenever you expressed those traits.
>>
>>34788000
>normies are shallow fools who instantly view people more positively when they are attractive.
yeah but robots do the same thing as well??

>>34788255
You're autistic if you think people get bullied for any of the traits I listed there. You weren't bullied because you're artistic, you got bullied because you're autistic. kys yourself
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.