[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey robots, I just started building an aquarium and it's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 20170210_135853.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170210_135853.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey robots, I just started building an aquarium and it's honestly really fulfilling. It only costs about $100 to get into it, and it's seriously lifted my spirits so much. I highly recommend this hobby, robots. Just thought I'd share some pics, although im aware it's nothing special
>>
File: 20170210_140206.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170210_140206.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Here's my crab
>>
>>34778321
When u get more money start a discus tank they are so cool and fun to keep
>>
Nice, OP. I have a 75 gallon freshwater tank. I need to clean it. owo
>>
I'm not gonna support a business that puts fish through hell just because my life is hell. You know, because I'm not a little pussy
>>
>>34778916
someone really pooped in your aquarium today huh
>>
>>34778405
I still wanna either get a jellyfish aquarium or a aquarium tank with 2-3 little hermit crabs

God I love sea creatures
>>
>>34778321
I won two goldfish at the fair, bought it that exact squidward house, bought oxygenating plants, cleaned the bowl every day, didn't overfeed them. They died within three days
Bought a fish from the pet store and it died too in the same environment. If you care about pets you buy anons, don't get aquarium fish
>>
File: 20161221_030050.jpg (1MB, 2317x1411px) Image search: [Google]
20161221_030050.jpg
1MB, 2317x1411px
>>34778321
I love fish. I have two ponds with koi and fancy goldfish and several aquariums. I have a betta in a 3 gallon, but when he dies I'll try turning it into a tank for shrimp. I like the betta though.

>>34778405
Crab bros are definitely cool as absolute fuck, but they are harder to keep than they seem. They should be in slightly brackish water and need a spot to be on land when they want. They don't live exclusively underwater. Substrate is also important to them depending on the soecies. Usually they burrow.

>>34778509
I've kept discus too, but they are definitely not for beginners. They're expensive and need more care.

>>34779114
Go with the hermit crabs. That's not really a fish tank, but jellyfish are complicated as fuck. You need a specialized aquarium or else they'll get tangled up, stuck in a corner, die, and immediately start breaking apart. They also need somewhat special care when feeding. Of course this all means they are expensive as fuck.
>>
>>34779251
Goldfish don't make for good beginner fish in my oinion. They grow very large and eat a shit ton. Did you remember to dechlorinate your water? Changing the water daily is too much. Bigger tanks need to be cleaned less, but daily even for a small tank is too much. This is especially true if you are changing a large amount of the water at a time, which you shouldnt be. Plants do provide oxygen but likely not enough. You need a pump or something like that to get oxygen in the water. If you saw your fish gasping for air at the top, they're suffocating.
>>
>>34779385
I was a broke kid, tried my best. They did gasp, so I figured they would suffocate. I had no pump so wanted to keep the water clean and oxygenated so they could breathe. I'd boil it to try and remove chlorine, then let it get cold before putting the fish back in. It ruined keeping fish for me desu

>tfw was with grandma at the time and begged my mom to let me take them home to the stable garden pond, but she refused and they died. REEEEEE
>>
>>34778916
There are plenty of ethical places to buy fish. Particularly other hobbyists/breeders
>>
>>34779251
>bowl

There's your problem. Minimum tank size should be 10-20 gallons

Don't shit on a hobby because you can't do research
>>
>>34780125
If an anon has no space because we're robot neets, and can't afford an expensive tank, it isn't the best hobby
>>
File: image.jpg (247KB, 1024x574px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247KB, 1024x574px
>>34778321
I would really love to build or design this sort of shit, especially the ones with a mix of water and land. Maybe stick a water dragon or some turtles in it. It just seems like it'd be really therapeutic. But I'm too lazy to clean water, so maybe one day after I get a job and house, and get afford to make a pump system...
>>
>>34779574
>I'd boil it to try and remove chlorine
Sheeeit m8, I'm pretty sure boiling water deoxygenates it.
>>
>>34780236
awww yes, that's the good shit. I have a hardon for the idea of creating a full-on self-sustainable ecosystem one day.
>>
>>34780203
>$150 all in

That's easily doable on a neet budget

You probably spend more than that on videogames

>>34780236
>>34780374
>one day

come on now, it's never going to happen with that attitude

>>34780251
It does lol
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.