[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys actuallly care about improving yourselves, Or have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: images.jpg (2KB, 100x93px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 100x93px
Do you guys actuallly care about improving yourselves, Or have you stopped trying?
I keep losing hope everytime i try to improve myself because i know that it's useless.
>>
>>34767648
Im currently just trying to get better at driving a forklift
>>
File: cdc.jpg (33KB, 600x558px) Image search: [Google]
cdc.jpg
33KB, 600x558px
>>34767648
dont know what happened to the pic.
heres a better one.
>>
>>34767666
I've got a family member who drives a forklift and made over $60,000 last year. That's a good goal to have, anon.

I'm just hoping beyond hope they don't automate it before he retires.
>>
File: 1467566482902.jpg (54KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1467566482902.jpg
54KB, 700x700px
Stopped trying

Feels bad, but whatever. We all die eventually.
>>
>>34767648

I've realized a while ago that my fate was sealed during my teenage years. I was developmentally stunted due to various lifestyle factors. Could have been avoided if I had better parents, but it's impossible to fix now. I'm too inferior and subhuman to compete.
>>
Depends on what way you're asking. I've stopped trying to improve myself in certain ways, but I've doubled my efforts in other aspects of my life. I've basically abandoned dating completely because it's a waste of fucking time and now I'm putting a lot more time into studying and work. I've also abandoned things within things, like trying to get good at doing guitar sweeps or playing crazy hard metal songs on guitar because, fuck man, I'm not built for this shit, so why push it? When I play guitar now, I just focus on playing coherent and well and it sounds just fine. It really depends on how you define improvement.
>>
>>34767648
I can think of a few ways I could improve myself, but instead I just keep playing video games and living alone.
>>
>>34767744
yeah same thing here, i always feel so hopeful whenever i try to do something to improve myself.
but i know its useless.
>>
>>34767744
I'm this but my desire to enjoy a comfy lonely lifestyle keeps me going. It doesn't fill the void in my chest but it keeps it at bay, "it" being entertainment.

I'm currently preparing to be a security guard in New York state. It's unfortunately my last option, and being obese from my lifestyle and upbringing means I have no choice but to fix my shit.

My money is going to go to my parents, savings, and buyfagging on /a/, /u/, /v/.
>>
File: be yourself.jpg (83KB, 800x517px) Image search: [Google]
be yourself.jpg
83KB, 800x517px
For the last couple of years I was in regular contact with a couple of girls I was very interested in. One of them was a teacher so I couldn't let on how I felt about her and the other I was too afraid to talk to, but I tried pretty damn hard to improve myself in the hopes that they might see something in me.
I got a bunch of nice new clothes, started paying more attention to my hygiene, hair and so on, and started working out.
I didn't get even the slightest bit of recognition from them or anyone else.
Turns out no matter how much you polish a turd at the end of the day it's always going to be a turd. I haven't seen either of them in almost a year at this point and I've completely given up (for a variety of other reasons as well).
>>
File: 1404453988508.jpg (53KB, 558x480px) Image search: [Google]
1404453988508.jpg
53KB, 558x480px
whats the point of self improving people will love the mask not the people behind the mask
I came to this realization, we are all wearing masks and
People will love the mask im wearing but not me.
If i'm gonna do something is for myself.
not for gf, friends or social status and
not to please society.

self improving to get something is pointless.
>>
>>34767648
I'm still going to college and I'm super /fit/
I could get a gf if I settled for a non-christian slut.
But I won't.
I'm still looking, but in churches there are so few who live by biblical principles.
I think I'll end up alone.
She doesn't have to be perfect, but she has to know right from wrong.
>>
is there even any point to personal development at all? if your'e satisfied with your abilities there shouldn't be any reason to change for a potential partner should there?
>>
i stopped trying, gave up on myself, hated myself. But now im trying to turn it around, by liking myself, being nicer to myself, and taking care of myself. I dont want to end up in my mid-late 20s with regret and hatred/bitterness (If i would even make it that far)
>>
I've mostly given up.

Now my biggest concern is fixing my mental health. It's a very slow and difficult process, but I've stopped self-harming and only occasionally get suicidal bouts, which is much better than how I was a year ago. I wish my self improvement could involve socializing or getting fit, but I guess I have to tackle one problem at a time.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.