[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bored and lonely >start to try a conversation with people

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1433517608733.jpg (29KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1433517608733.jpg
29KB, 600x450px
>bored and lonely
>start to try a conversation with people
>immediately realize I'm completely uninterested in what they're saying
>only want to talk about myself and my own interests
what the fuck is wrong with me? do I have a legitimate social or mental illness or am I just a narcissistic asshole?
I sincerely do not give a fuck about what other people are saying most of the time. I'd rather sit alone in silence than do small talk yet I'm depressed because I'm lonely, among other things
even online with non normies I immediately lose interest in anything they're saying and always try to change the subject to something about me or something I want to discuss, then I just have a one person conversation about it
it's like the only reason I bother talking to people is to get all my fucking thoughts out of my head, like dumping mental garbage just to get it off of me instead of actually having a conversation with someone
>>
File: Raichu.gif (111KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
Raichu.gif
111KB, 250x188px
>>34765192
I'd say something to you, but you'd lose interest halfway through, so... nice Raichu.
>>
>>34765192
Same here family. It's just another reason why being autistic sucks
>>
>>34765192
You can't empathize, sort of what narcissism is

>Holy shit I think I have narcissism
>>
>>34765192
I'm exactly the same, I guess I just don't understand why they're interested in the topic they're talking about. However, unlike you, I don't want to talk about myself or my interests (nonexistant) either. I just want to distantly watch the conversation as a kind of third person.
>>
faking interest is definitely a skill that you can improve

that being said i think for some people it might be near impossible
>>
>>34765462
Does using yourself as an example count for anything?

I feel like people take that shit the wrong way.. like using yourself as an example and make it relatable to the other person

>lol is that fucking shit narcissism?

I am now genuinely curious
>>
>>34765462
that's not the issue, I'm a lord at faking interest and engagement while conversing

I'm just tired of my whole fucking life feeling fake. I don't feel like I can be "me" around nearly anybody and I can't connect at all with other people
I don't want to trick normies into thinking I care, I want to actually care. But even when I initiate a convo with another degenerate friend of mine online because I've talked to literally nobody for straight hours and I'm slowly going insane I just can't give half a shit about whatever he says as soon as he responds. It's extremely upsetting
I'm extremely depressed and have no relatable things to discuss with anyone or that I'm interested in talking about, even things I try to claim I have interests in I never actually do and have either grown jaded and indifferent to them or I'm embarrassed about liking them
>>
>>34765192
Right only thing that helps nowadays is amphetamine
>>
>>34765462
Starting to learn this to not come across as rude, but some people can see through it and it just ends up being awkward.
>>
>>34765680
Dude this is actually a tough one

I am not even sure how to respond to this, because I have absolutely no idea what that feels like.

This shit is making my head spin, just trying to think of what to say to you.
>>
>>34765192
I found being depressed often comes with being self-centered. It's not necessarily narcissism. My main guess would be that you can be interested in others, but not now, because you still have so much shit in your mind.

If you really want to be interested in what others are saying, you can try to imagine how someone else might live their own pain. Even if it's mundane compared to yours, it can put you in perspective. That's what I try to do when I realize I'm being too self-centered.
>>
>>34765799
Wow, I can't empathize at all.. I mean I can but only from my perspective

Cool, depression+narcissism I must be fun at parties
>>
>>34765799
Or maybe I am just too intelligent

Shit I don't even know anything anymore, fuck this, I want off this ride.
>>
File: 1486691381593.png (279KB, 528x535px) Image search: [Google]
1486691381593.png
279KB, 528x535px
>>34765680
Thank you for typing out how I feel about everything in my miserable life. I've never been able to fully put it into words but you really summed it up nicely. I might just save that in case I need to repost it in the future.
>>
>>34765192
What I do to remedy this is treat it like a psychology lesson to myself, to get a better idea of other people. If i'm talking to someone intelligent they may also bring up something interesting that I want to look into later, so i also try to be open minded regarding what i expect out of them. When I do that it helps a lot, they can see I have interest in it, and i do my best to give advice. It gives me some ensight into their behaviour and that of others. i tend to ask about interpersonal stuff so i get more of that, and less droning on about particular aspects of self.
>>
>>34765934
This strangely made me feel better

I think I project myself onto others and that makes me seem self-centered when that isn't even remotely my aim.. Holy shit I am autistic as fuck. I am going to go have a depressing cigarette sesh to mull that over in my head.

What am I like 9 years old jesus christ.. I do genuinely care about other people I just act like an asshole as if that seems smart or something or I am inherently trying to be really dark because that is my sense of humor, helps to make things funny

That way you don't cry as much

You're favorite poster.. the angry/abusive child
>>
>>34765871
>>34765882
Empathy, contrary to popular belief, can be worked on. I know I used to be cold as fuck. I had to work on that, open myself to others, or otherwise I was about to become completely lonely...and that was out of the question.

There are exceptions obviously, such as autists and psychopaths...but if it can bring some consolation, narcissists - real ones - aren't usually ever depressed. They're kind of immune to it, their self-love being so strong. It's almost enviable. In any cases, you're not alone in that situation, believe it or not. I used to be like that, and I have friends who are/were like that. Those who were willing to change, changed. I wish you luck
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.