[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You help everyone going though a hard time. >You listen

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

File: 1486304820488.gif (21KB, 312x253px) Image search: [Google]
1486304820488.gif
21KB, 312x253px
>You help everyone going though a hard time.
>You listen to them, give them advice, take your time to help them at least in a small way. Tell them nice things to make them feel better.
>Nobody returns the favor when you feel fucked up.

Fucking why? I do everything for the common person and I don't get treated the same? Literally why???
>>
people are selfish
>>
>>34764800
That's a grand ol pepe I really respect that animation work
>>
>>34764800
Ur a faggot and probably not as nice as you think. Also: their problems are minor, yours are major.
>>
>>34764858
Fuck you, leaf trip faggot fuck.

>>34764822
Guess I'm not people.

>>34764835
ikr.
>>
File: 1473442333145.jpg (45KB, 373x332px) Image search: [Google]
1473442333145.jpg
45KB, 373x332px
>>34764800
Maybe you're too good at hiding your feelings. I can feel like I'm about to blow my brains out but no one notices. I just either have a blank face or a false smile.
>>
>>34764980
This

And.
If you're helping people expecting some kind of return you're just as shit as they are. And fail for expecting anyone to be anything but selfish.
>>
>>34765059
These people are who I consider friends! I take my time to be friendly to them. Isn't that what friends are for? So I'm shitty for expect my friends to, I don't know, want to be friends with me? Maybe I'm just fucking stupid, who knows I sure as hell don't.

>>34764980
People always say I look pissed but it could be that.
>>
They probably don't respect you and only use you for temporary comfort/relief. Or you might not be open enough for them to realize you need help with something.
>>
>>34764910
>gets this triggered
>"B-but Im a nice guy"
KYS beta faggot.
>>
Dump them and don't feel sorry. Helped a pot head friend and gave advice on how to find job. I don't even know if he applied to any jobs at all.
>>
File: oyvey.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
oyvey.png
108KB, 400x381px
>>34764800
Why expect good advice from normies during troubling times?

You know they're just going to parrot the same tried platitudes:

>It's always darkest before the dawn
>There are plenty of fish in the sea
>If you can't hold on, hold on
>Just BE yourself
>Just try and be happy

And so on, and so forth
>>
>>34765229
Rather be a beta faggot than a leaf.
This is your last (you).
>>
>>34765469
>Free healthcare
>Beautiful women
>every country loves you

>Be beta
>never get laid
>LeafChad fucks your oneitis
>>
>>34765537
>Canada
>Beautiful women

Ahhh hold on there Leafy gonna have to stop you there...
>>
1. If they have the lack of self awareness to use someone as an emotional enema, they probably don't feel too empathetic for other people.
2. You can't go around spreading your kindness seeds expecting it to grow in return. Be kind to be kind, not expecting it in return. You're not entitled to anyone's time or attention

3. In the future be picky with who you are nice and attentive to because you'll exhaust yourself with those who don't respond and use you
>>
>>34765586
This is one of the hardest truths I have had to come to deal with every since I have grown up. The fact that not everyone is kind to you even if you are kind to them bothers me even though it makes sense. When I was a kid, I vowed to be the nicest person ever. I don't even know why I still follow that vow.
>>
>>34765455
>>If you can't hold on, hold on
who the fuck has ever said this
>>
>>34765561
And the country you're from friend? Cassme outside girl is considered a beauty there. Meanwhile we have gorgeous 5"11 half Ukranian girls
>>
>>34765537
I am Canadian and I disapprove of this. Our women are fucking fat and bitchy.
>>
>>34765764
Maybe if you live in some shit tier suburb like Sarnia or Missisauga
>>
>>34764800
Youre strong. You know it. Live on brother.
>>
>>34765773
Even worse. Quebec.
cough...
>>
>>34765817
Quebec isnt so bad but im sure you have your own rural shitholes like Trois Rivieres....
>>
>>34765734
America please clap

Can't really compete with American turbostacies
>>
>>34764800
Most people are selfish I guess. Most young people just dont know any better. Both sides of the "your personnel therapist" and "everything is wrong with the world right now so come and save me whenever im sad". Lately I've been thinking that we look too fondly at love. We go out and try to find someone who can fix us, or complete us. Self reliance is key for most people in life. So go out and figure out why and what makes you pleased with yourself
>>
File: 1482857441498.jpg (78KB, 1024x707px) Image search: [Google]
1482857441498.jpg
78KB, 1024x707px
This is literally why I'm having a meltdown rn, OP.

So tldr I have a bunch of responsibilities on my plate right now. Couple days ago I lost my laptop. I've obviously found it again.

At the time however, losing my laptop was just the last fucking thing I needed. I completely lost my shit and start ranting to my friends about how emotionally exhausted I am, how I want to be left alone because it seems people only ever talk to me to tell me about some new work project I have to bust my ass on, etc.

No response.

I once pulled my car over on the highway and sucked up data on my phone to talk to my friend who's GF dumped him.

What do I get?

Read at 8:45pm.

I'm always ready to listen and help others, and no one ever wants to listen to me. I have emotional meltdowns pretty regularly, and often make comments about wanting to die (I'm not suicide-tier yet, but I'm definitely in danger of dropping out of everything and becoming a NEET again).

None of my friends ever fucking talk to me or say they're sorry or offer help. I think my emotions are confusing and awkward for them to deal with, but that's no excuse. Listening to their fucking relationship drama when I'm friends with both people is fucking awkward. I still did it.

Right now I'm not speaking to my friends. Not responding to messages. Not messaging first. Part of me lowkey wants them to think I'm going to off myself.

>expecting them to be scared
>four days of radio silence from me
>they're talking about my friend's mom sharing Tamil memes on Facebook and laughing

Anyway OP, the reason is that most people are selfish pricks who don't appreciate their friends, and who find genuine emotions from other human beings to be "awkward" or "weird" because they're emotional retards.

>fucking pisses me off because I know one of my friends was suicidal over GF, and another is clearly smart/emotionally aware enough to treat me better

People fucking suck, OP. Hopefully we can find non-flippant friends someday.
>>
>>34765059
>expecting some kind of return
Fuck you, fuck you, oh, and uh, fuck you.

Being nice to someone expecting them to fall madly in love with you is shitty. Being polite and expecting someone to risk their reputation and write you up a fucking reference letter is shitty. Doing things purely because you want something is shitty.

Doing something for someone because they're you're friend and that's what friends do and getting angry when they repeatedly fail to reciprocate isn't shitty. It's demanding equity in a relationship. It's expecting to be treated with a modicum of respect.

Fuck you, asshole.
>>
>>34765682
> I was a kid, I vowed to be the nicest person ever.

Are....you me?

I had serious delinquency issues as a kid because my parents' messy divorce. No one liked me because I always started fights. I remember being alone at recess and making a vow to be a nice person and worthy of friendship.

>nothing changed
>if anything, the bullying got worse
>>
File: 1486673804896.jpg (7KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1486673804896.jpg
7KB, 300x199px
>>34765537
>Canadian women are beautiful

Nah senpai most of them are fugly ass Stacy clubsluts that hunger for chad and Tyrone's dick
>>
>>34764800
If you're good at something, never do it for free.

I learned that myself. Anything I give is with the expectation that it will never be repaid.

I don't give much, anymore, unless I'm repaying another.
>>
>>34765726
My uncle when he put his banana in my buthole Xd lol
>>
>>34765455
Oh man, dude, do I fucking hate that shit.

I tried explaining to my mom that when I have problems, I like when
>people tell me that really fucking sucks
>people validate me, say my problems are really bad
>offer realistic solutions at best
>generally just let me feel shitty and work through my problems with support

And I told her I fucking hate cheesy "darkest before the dawn" style platitiudes.

She rolled her eyes, breathed out rapidly, sighed a lot and went "Wow...that's...really sick...I mean wow...that's just so...wow".

Then she patronizingly said that "Okay, well when you have problems I'll be sure to remind you what a terrible position you're in".

I actually wanted to fucking murder her,
>>
File: 87960.jpg (102KB, 898x701px) Image search: [Google]
87960.jpg
102KB, 898x701px
>>34764800

>You're beginning you first steps as a true introvert my young friend.
>>
>>34764800
If you are underage, then that's completely normal for people of your age group to act like little shits.
Also pretty much everyone else said it in this thread,that if you help people only to get help in return u are pretty much showing that you do it just cause you know you'll want something from them later.
Welcome to the real world, bucks.
>>
>>34766550
Guess what you sperg, everyone does this.
Every. single. Person.
When you graduate highschool you will start to understand that everyone is out for themselves.
Its rough life kid just have to deal with it.
im not the anon you were talking to by the way
>>
>>34767350
>everyone is a shitty person

I don't behave this way, and I'm not so arrogant as to believe I'm some super special snowflake. Other people have to behave similarly, and others are fully capable of doing so as well.

Reducing it to "everyone is out for themselves" removes all responsibility from individuals.

>high school
>sperg

>you're probably like, 21. Oh wow.

Your cynicism isn't impressive or interesting, it's just the mark of boring, apathetic people.
>>
>>34764800
I know that feel, senpai.

Fuckin sucks when you reach out but no one's there.
>>
>>34767584
No one's in this thread so I'm ranting.

So I found out recently that one of my friends is talking to my ex.

When that same friend was treated pretty badly by their ex, I stopped buying drugs off that person. I stopped talking to them. I started bad-mouthing them because I was genuinely pretty grossed out by their behavior towards my friend.

Different friend. Their ex was physically abusive (not to cause bodily harm but to seriously degrade them) and I got drunk at a Christmas party and screamed at them. They didn't do anything to my friend for the rest of the night.

My ex was pretty shitty to me. I hesitate to use the word "abuse", but that's what they did. They were shitty and abusive and even though it's been four years I still sometimes think about some thing they did and am amazed I tolerated it for as long as I did.

I'm not really mad at my ex. I think they're pretty pathetic. I'm more embarrassed of them than angry (both because they're fucking gross, and because I let someone that pathetic walk all over me).

What has me pissed off is that none of my friends stopped being friends with this person. They claim to be against abuse, but apparently it's too much to ask them not to invite someone who treated me like garbage to their parties.

>oh but anon you never like coming out to parties you weren't going to be there what's the big deal

The deal is that you're okay with being friends with someone who hurt me. That hurts more than the latter's actions. I could never be friends with the people who hurt you because I'm a good fucking friend.
>>
>>34767394
Was my cynacism an act to you?
Do really believe that every one just asks a certain way because of some superficial reason?
Like youre above everyone?

Youre no better than me anon and wether you think im right not it doesnt matter.
The world is a cruel place anon denying this calling people names isnt going to get you anywhere.
>>
>>34768409
It's not about an act to others, cynicism is an act to oneself. It's denial. I know cause I was and still am cynical.

>you're above everyone

I simultaneously hate myself but believe I am in many ways superior to others.

>the world's a cruel place
Uh, duh retard. That's what my fucking post was about. We're arguing about the inevitability of that.

Also,
>the world's cruel
>don't call me names!
>>
Did they ask for your advice and/or help?

In any case, I learned something new about friendship from this thread, so thanks, OP.
>>
I used to be really beta, thinking people owe me something if I did them a favor. They never did and I was always left alone.

After learning it the hard way I realised having these kind of expectations is stupid, I don't expect anything from people anymore and neither should they expect anything from me.

I'd say this policy has worked quite well for me, people look at me as an equal now instead of just someone you can use whenever you feel like it

Tl;dr, stop being a "nice" guy and people will treat you better
>>
>>34768606
That sounds profoundly depressing. I genuinely want that thrill of mutual enthusiasm between people. It's one of the best feelings. What alternative do I have? Hiding my genuine concern for others?

Pic related.

How would you respond to someone venting to you emotionally or expressing suicidal thoughts? I feel morally obligated to do something, and am horrified that this isn't being reciprocated.
>>
File: 1484865244039.jpg (344KB, 1075x1418px) Image search: [Google]
1484865244039.jpg
344KB, 1075x1418px
>tfw this is the only niche I have to have any kind of social interaction, i can't do anything else very well.
>Yet it's something that apparently only I can do well, so people around kinda have to come to me
Mixed emotions about this, I have a secure position, but it's not one I want to be in
>>
>>34764800
I like being nice and giving things away
I expect nothing. I am extremely pessimistic about life. But being kind is one thing I can look forward to.
>>
>>34768606
I guess you're not cut out. I'm nice to everyone. I'll do them favors and give them things because I want to. Never have I been treated poorly or taken advantage of, simply because kindness isn't on demand.
Plus everyone lowers their guard around me for when I'm devilish
>>
>>34768729
>Plus everyone lowers their guard around me for when I'm devilish
This is probably the most significant benefit of being like that. In any kind of social relationship you always want to be the one with more dirt on others than they have on you just in case shit takes a turn for the worse
>>
>>34768646
If someone wants help, I'll probably help, it's just that I won't expect anything in return.

My dad always used to tell me I needed to socialize more with people, but would that be genuine? It's not like I'd actually care about someone's opinion on today's weather, I'd just do it because that's how the game is played.
I refuse to play this stupid game since its always rigged in favour of the normies, Keeping fake friendships for a high status quo. The "mutual enthusiasm" just isn't genuine.

Everybody on this board knows this, staceys only go for chad because of his looks and money, even if he is an asshole, yet normies look up to them.

It might sound depressing but that's because society is, I just choose not to fool myself.
>>
>>34765455
Normies say those things because they actually can't help you. They just want you to know they care, but they don't want to touch your issues with a 10 foot pole

Source: my own anecdotal life experiences
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.