[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the first death in your family you can remember

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: death.jpg (166KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
166KB, 736x736px
What was the first death in your family you can remember being affected by?
>>
My grandmother passed away when I was only 6. My parents were drug addicts but she'd often take me for days at a time and spoil me rotten and make me feel loved. My clearest memory is her carrying me away from my parents after they had an especially violent fight, both were yelling obscenities at her as she carried me out.

The day she died, I sat polishing shoes by the front door. Uncle knocked, parents let him in, I went to show him my shiny dress shoe, and he told the parents to send me out of the room. A little while later, dad came in to tell me grandma was in heaven.

For years afterward, since I didn't have much of a religious education, I actually prayed to "grandma who is in heaven" instead of god or jesus, always ending with a plea for her to come back.
>>
>>34763544
My pop. Witnessed his final moments and it was a major change to our family's everyday life. A lot of people were affected. Was pretty awkward when his mistress called his cell phone looking for him and I had to answer to tell her that he was dead.
>>
>>34763631
Aw anon you're killin me
:,(
>>
My family has a long history of depression. My dad committed suicide when I was 14. That was about the point where my life started to fall apart.
>>
My grandfather when I was 7. He was the closest thing I ever had to a dad.
>>
i wasn't directly related to him but he was the son of my mother's best friend, we were born around the same time and were childhood friends, he had neuroblastoma and died when we were 7
>>
when i was 3 my grandma died. i dont remember it but my parents say i did a bunch of shit like walking in front of cars and saying i wanted to go see grandma in heaven.
the one i remember was when i was 14 and my grandpa died, it really fucked me up and i was depressed for years.
>>
File: 1440787153208.jpg (6KB, 168x219px) Image search: [Google]
1440787153208.jpg
6KB, 168x219px
>no one in my family has died yet
>i'm reaching late 20s
I wonder if it'll hit me like a truck or if I'll be desensitized by then. I love all my family so I have a feeling it's the former
>>
>>34763544
3rd grade.

My mother.
>>
File: 1445664374680.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1445664374680.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>34763544
My paternal grandfather passed away two years ago

I don't have a lot of memories of him because I immigrated to the US while he stayed in my home country. But the few that I had were fairly good memories. He was a good man.

When he died I wasn't even sad because of the actual death itself. I hadn't really spent any time with him in the last 7.5 years so I didn't really feel very much.

But when it hit me that he was an old man who died alone in a hospital with none of his remaining family in even the same country as him, that made me sad. He was a good person who didn't deserve to be alone in old age.

The worst thing is, I'm from Hong Kong so it wasn't even like we were from a shitty third world country. HK is one of the comfiest places in the world, it's just that all of his kids and grandkids ended up in places like the US and Canada.

Also, the only person who proceeded to deal with all of the financial, paperwork, legal stuff of the death was my dad. My grandfather has a living wife, a daughter, and they didn't do shit.
>>
>>34763544
My mother when I was barely 4 years old.
>>
File: 0Rv5TG0.png (166KB, 179x455px) Image search: [Google]
0Rv5TG0.png
166KB, 179x455px
My grandpa died this summer he was 90 and but my dad was a deadbeat NEET and my papa did more to raise me than my dad did. All the other deaths before that had been meme great uncles and other faggots i didnt care about

based pop pop for leaving me a couple K in his life insurance
>>
i was gonna post an actual reply, then i realised nobody actually cares. disregard.
>>
My mother's death was the only death I ever had to go through and it was extremely hurtful. It was worse because I watched her die in one of the most brutal ways possible.
>>
>>34763544
When I was just seven my mom was drunk and angry and apparently she threatened me with a kitchen knife. After she passed out I apparently used it to kill my baby sister. I was covered in blood, I confessed, was institutionalized, drugged up, and I don't remember any of it. I was raised by an ok adoptive family and am doing fine now. I'm estranged from my birth mother, and I think that she murdered my sister and framed me.
>>
>>34763544
after my dad died i didn't really give a shit about anything else
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.