[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /r9k/ ever heard of the Mandela effect? It is when many

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Has /r9k/ ever heard of the Mandela effect?

It is when many people remember something from the past that is different in present reality. Caused by a divergence from our original universe.

For instance, many of us remember the phrase, when talking about something very common, to sound something like "that Jerry is a diamond dozen".
You may be surprised to learn that this is actually not the current reality! The phrase is "a dime a dozen"! Is your mind blown yet? There are many such instances of the Mandela effect today...
>>
oxyclean
oxiclean
>>
>>34762590
No, it's just a cause of the misquote gaining more traction than the actual quote. Or in many cases, cutting out the context to make you think of the misquote.

Take the Forrest Gump one, the actual quote starts like this: "Mama always told me life was like a box of chocolates..."
'Was' arguably makes more sense than 'is' in this context.

But if you chop off the beginning of the quote when repeating it, it makes more sense to say 'is' than 'was'

Kind of the same thing with Star Wars. The quote is "No Luke, I am your father."

If you're quoting it in your day to day, maybe when addressing your son, it makes sense to drop the Luke.
>>
It's always been a dime a dozen you fucking retard, only the weebs would make a big deal out of meaningless shit like this. This is what happens when middle aged men get no female attention.
>>
>>34762590
The only true mindfuck I've ever had in regards to that is the whole Berenstein bears thing, as it was originally "Barenstain". The rest tended to just be misquoted or mispronounced.
>>
>>34762590
Yes, and it's retarded.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.