[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a good paying job? I'm sick and tired of working

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1470696971320.gif (752KB, 200x213px) Image search: [Google]
1470696971320.gif
752KB, 200x213px
How do I get a good paying job? I'm sick and tired of working these $14/H jobs
>>
Have skills
Have education
Have a network
Have aspirations

Oh I bet R9K will know how to be successful, try there
>>
>>34762329
Nice humble bragging faggot

Gg
>>
>>34762329
You're asking the wrong people, cunt
Think ahead
>>
>complains about $14/h
fuck you nigger
I have a degree and don't get that much
>>
>>34763541
How? Are you a barista?
>>
>>34763588
I'm a barista I get more than 14/hr after tips.
Min wage is over 10/hr in my state I get another 20/hr average from.1$ tips. Only have 10/week removed from check for tips. Ez life, fuck you American government I ain't coming clean here. You don't even need all the money you steal from working ppl.
>>
>>34762329
Get into a trade. Preferably something that you can get accreditation for in your area in most places that includes plumbing, gas-fitting, welding, electrical work etc. You can get hired as an apprentice even if you have no experience, and you learn on the job which means unlike with college you get paid to learn. I have to complete a total of 6 months of college courses as part of my apprenticeship but after grants I'm effectively getting the education for free.

US seems to have a real shortage of tradesmen and the wages are going up as the old guys are retiring and young people would rather get an art degree.

>>34763541
That's what you get for getting an art degree.
>>
>>34762329
Go learn a trade

Join a union

Break your back for 20 years then retire and go on vacation to your 2nd home in Florida
>>
>>34763647

Get a sales job from consumer goods companies, they pay more and just want a college grad
>>
>>34763647

I'm glad such a trivial sense of rebellion is worth working your deadend job.
>>
Why would an employer pay his employee only $14/hr? Because he can easily find another person to replace that employee. That individual employee is not very valuable, so there is no incentive to pay a lot of money to tempt them to stay.

If you are able to provide something that fewer people can provide, people will need to pay you more in order to retain your time.

This is why there are grueling physical labor jobs that involve hauling heavy concrete in the sun but pay minimum wage, and cushy air conditioned office jobs that let the person watch youtube on a second monitor yet pay $90k/year. Because anyone even a retard with a learning disability can haul concrete, even a horse can haul concrete, but there are a relatively small number of people who have gone through the trouble to teach themselves how to do whatever the office person does.

This should be very obvious but it seems like the majority of people don't get it.
>>
>>34763782
You act like there are only 10 thousand people in this world. There is 7 billion people here, every job is just as replaceable as the next.
>>
>>34762329
I agree with some of the others here in terms of going into a trade. There's a good variety, many are in very high demand (assuming you're in the States, don't know what it's like in Europe), and can pay well, not Tony Stark level but much better than things like retail and not having a shit ton of student loan debt is nice.

But be VERY careful about trade schools. That shit is like the Wild West and could either be a great investment or a horrid waste of time. Consider an apprenticeship.

And for the love of god don't get stupid shit like an art degree. At the very least learn something valuable and actually useful.
>>
File: 1486658027855.png (477KB, 517x437px) Image search: [Google]
1486658027855.png
477KB, 517x437px
>>34763741
>highly skilled coffee artist
>dead end
Corporate zombie detected
>>
>>34763675
>That's what you get for getting an art degree.
I got a chemistry degree though
>>
>>34762329
Trade School; University; having connections
>>
>>34764158
This guy gets it. The haters are just fucking status NORMIES who need to feel validation in every little aspect of their lives. Fact is that I don't have to work hard, and still get to make my own money. Tbh I'll probs have to kms when I'm older though.
>>
>>34764265

I make $30/hr without an ounce of stress in my day. Yeah I'll take this over that, got me
>>
>>34762329
I earn $10hr. FML
>>
>>34762329
dog, I make 12/h and it more than makes up for my living expenses.
its not like I can travel extravagantly, but I have loads of cash to spend at any time
>>
>>34764865
Where the fuck do you live that's not even possible in Canada with a one bed studio and no car. 15/hr is not even enough to live off in Ontario.
>>
>>34765058
Go fuck yourself, that's plenty in ontario, even in Downtown Toronto you can do ok on 15 an hour as long as you're not a spendcuck.
>>
>>34765058
i work ten hour days five days a week
my rent is only 500 a month
>>
>>34762329
Get a certification in something. Pick something in demand, that pays enough, and has requirements that you are absolutely positive you can meet. Network Engineering, Physical Trades, Various low level medical jobs, various low level IT jobs. Do some googling about in demand certifications, just make sure its Apu proof if it's in the tech sector.
>>
File: 56092581.jpg (7KB, 276x182px) Image search: [Google]
56092581.jpg
7KB, 276x182px
>>34762329
The answer is only one word, and you need nothing else.

NEPOTISM
>>
>>34764311

How?

skgldkfgs
>>
>>34765203

Where the fuck do you live where rent's that cheap?
>>
>>34764158
>coffee artist

also what happened to the wordfilters desu senpai
>>
>>34762329
Get the licenses required to work at the TSA, mine is paying $25-$35 an hour.
>>
>>34763432
You are you serious I really don't know
>>
>>34764265
>>34765970
Tbh i dont understand
>>
>>34765203
And you live where?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.