[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Putting my dog down in a few hours guys. Anyone have a similar

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: illmissyou.jpg (74KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
illmissyou.jpg
74KB, 480x800px
Putting my dog down in a few hours guys.

Anyone have a similar experience? How did you get through it
>>
File: 1478585916257.jpg (864KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1478585916257.jpg
864KB, 1280x1707px
Rest in peace dogger

There's really no way of "getting through it". It's going to be absolutely heart-wrenching and there's nothing you can do about it

Just know that he will be in doggo heaven soon if he was a good boy (I bet he was)
>>
last summer i had all three of my 16 year old dogs die within a month of each other. A black lab, a mutt that looked like a dingo and a tiny shitzu. I'v grown up with them for a majority of my childhood and they all just died when i was on break from college. The easiest way i coped with their loss was short-term playing video games and long-term just waiting it out. It's sad but all you have to think about is how good their life was (mine were all rescues)
>>
They'll ask you if you'd like to stay or leave for the process.

I'd recommend staying so your dog doesn't look for you after you leave the room and it'll help you have some closure rather than imagining in your head how it would have gone.

Hold onto him and give him lots of pats. Sometimes during the process the dog may briefly go sort of in and out of consciousness before passing rather than cleanly just "falling asleep." Also, it's possible that the dog may suddenly take a deep breath before passing. Don't be scared or upset by any of these things, it's very natural.

Overdose of anaesthesia (which is how most dogs are put down) is a wonderful way to pass. Your dog will experience no suffering in this process.

As soon as you get home, tidy up all the "dog things" around your house. It's better than brooding amongst everything. If you'd like to keep a momento, choose something small and significant that is easy to preserve. I'd suggest taking all of your leftover food to your local shelter. If your dog didn't have any major diseases/infections they might take the bed off you too.

One thing I did after my dog passed, was to write down all my favourite memories about/with her on a piece of paper and fold it inside a photo frame with a picture of her in it.

A few months later, a fostered a dog for a short time and this further helped me come to terms with my own dog passing.

Best of luck friend! I'm sure your little buddy lived a great life with you
>>
>>34759287
great words anon
>>
>>34759126
If I was there in the house id run behind the sleeping doggo and kick it in its stupid ass full force so it fall into the river and fucking drown HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>34758269

Put two of my dogs down...

Im 6ft built white male and I cried like a bitch each time. Nobody judges.

It doesn't matter to anyone but you m8
>>
>>34759287
i've had a dog euthanized before and this is probably the best advice

i didn't feel the need to record memories or whatever (you'll figure out what you need to do to cope on your own), but the point about tossing all the dog stuff is very good advice.

you might want to hold on to some things if you plan to get another dog (if you can afford it, this is a good plan--you'll feel a lot less worse about dog #1 kicking the bucket if you meet puppy #2 sooner rather than later)

i have had one dog die via vet euthanasia and another die via a snake bite in my backyard. the euthanasia was 5000x more humane than a "natural" death.

interestingly, in my own experience i didn't cry or anything. i felt bad but it revealed to me that crying just isn't something i do naturally anymore, and this kind of freaked me out but i eventually figured it was okay as long as i was still attuned to my own emotions and wasn't actively trying to suppress how i felt
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.