[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is making alcohol really as easy as just dumping yeast into a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 1

Is making alcohol really as easy as just dumping yeast into a bottle of fruit juice?
Or am I missing something?
>>
>>34757561
yes it think it really is that easy to make a wine type substance
>>
Just google it dude

I'm sure there are more guides to making alcohol than there is time to read through all of them
>>
>>34757561
48 hours doesn't seem long enough
>>
>>34757561
Yes, toilet wine is easy to make but it tastes foul and has little alcohol by volume. What you need to do is make a still, then distill your hooch into higher proof moonshine.
>>
its easy to make alcohol but it's hard to make good alcohol
>>
>>34757561
Yes, you can certainly make alcohol that way, and you'll also make methanol which will permanently blind you or kill you.

Look up how to make alcohol properly before trying it.
>>
>>34757630
Not as long it is being done as in the picture. Has to do with low oxygen levels and how yeast reacts to that.
>>
>>34757630
Just use plain sugar. No or not much methanol this way.
>>
>>34757627
You'll go blind if you don't do it right.
>>
>>34757627
is think it can be up to like 14% not that low imo
>>
>>34757630
I thought methanol was only made if using a still
>>
What the fuck is with you normies? Get out of the board, only normies drink alcohol
>>
>>34757667
Picture implied using juice, which will make methanol.

>>34757692
Stills just distill it. Methanol has a lower evaporating point than ethanol, therefore it's easily removed with a still.
>>
>>34757692
The methanol is created when the yeast digests protein and certain types. Distilling just conentrates it, or removes it if done right.
>>
>>34757620
The Vietnamese make a drink called Bia Hoi, which is made in 3 days. It can brewed fucking easy dude but what this anon said.

>>34757629
>>
>>34757561

Sugar + Water + Turbo Yeast + 72 Hours + Kool Aid Flavor Of Your Choice = Flavored Kilju
>>
>>34757627
That is illegal. But it is legal to make fruit juice into "wine". Just pour some sugar and some yeast into the mix, let it sit for a week, and you have some booze.

It tastes like fucking shit, but you asked for it, so hey.
>>
yes it's pretty easy
I made applejack back when I was a teen and never went blind
>>
I wonder how many blind r9k drunks can't post in this thread now because of botched bathtub hooch?
>>
>>34757908
Depends on where you live. Where I live it's legal to make moonshine as long as you don't sell it and you aren't making stupid high amounts.
>>
>>34758033
Ckhgd fderlg ffdryjyrd dswg
>>
ITT retards with no knowledge of fermentation whatsoever.
>>
>>34758061
You mean a still is legal? I was told, by an old man with links to political corruption in my state in the US, that no one technically cares about a still as long as you aren't being stupid about it, even though it's still illegal. But most countries hate stills because they steal from alcohol tax revenue.
>>
>>34758088
+1 internets to you.
>>
>>34758141
Licenced and taxed, but legal if you follow regulations.
>>
yes but you have to aerate it. also, use brewers yeast because bread yeast will be weak and shitty. godspeed drunkanon.
>>
>>34758259
What regulations? Any actual regulations is a microdistillery, and that's money paid to the state. A guy down the road from me was busted for running a still a while back. But the law seems clear that you can't run a still, even though the government doesn't care unless you're stupid about it (like that one guy).
>>
>>34758392
Has to be secured enough so someone won't nick it, mostly. And supposedly gets surprise inspections but regulatory too understaffed to do that pretty much.
>>
>>34757733
>Im 18 and need to say that things that I dont like are unrobotic
>>
>>34757561
It will actually happen on its own in nature too. That's how easy it is.
>>
>>34758444
Dunno what state/country you're in, but I'm checking the state law codes and there is nothing which allows stills. Legally, since they probably won't check on you if he have a still, but it's still illegal.

But I don't care about the law as much as I care about not going blind/dying from methanol thanks to my own errors in distilling. Oh and I'm too much of a poorfag to obtain the equipment to build a still anyway. What do I do? Drink drag racing fuel like some idiots in my state did? Or keep paying 20 bucks for a jug of vodka that lasts two weeks if I'm lucky?
>>
>>34757561
Making booze is simple as fuck but you need the patience.
I DO NOT have the patience... I end up always drinking it before it's properly done and end up sick as fuck since I'm a fiend.
Mead is easy as fuck to make and it's tasty as shit.
>>
>>34758632
You're not proving your point at all. Get fucked normie

Also I'm 21 not 18
>>
>>34759225
What point? Only thing im saying is that you say things is normie even though absolutely nothing about drinking alcohol is normie.
>>
>>34757561
we did it in prison, it really is that easy. yeast accelerates the process but isn't absolutely necessary. just fruit, water and sugar. we used oranges.
>>
Methanol is only a problem when distilling. Methanol has a lower evaporation temperature than ethanol, so the "heads," or the first portion of distillate produced, has a high concentration of methanol. If a large amount of wine is being distilled, then this will produce a small amount of super-concentrated methanol solution containing the methanol from, say, several cases of wine. People would go blind from drinking moonshine sometimes because unethical moonshiners would sell the heads instead of discarding them.

I suggest using fruit juice instead of sugar water to make wine, since fruit juice contains various nutrients that are beneficial for yeast. Just use reconstituted fruit juice concentrate to save money. Apple flavor is compatible with a wider variety of mixers than the other fruit juices, so you'll probably want to make apple wine. Maintain a hygenic seal by brewing your wine in a gallon jug lidded with a large balloon to contain the carbon dioxide. Brewer's yeast is best, but baker's yeast will work fine. Brew at room temperature for two weeks, then enjoy.

Distilling is illegal in the United States because amateur distilling tends to result in either methanol poisoning or alcohol vapor explosions. You can avoid both of these problems by concentrating your wine with freeze distillation instead. If you put your wine in the freezer, I suggest in a Ziploc bag, this will produce a layer of pure water ice above a concentrated drink that has about 30% ABV. Because nothing is being evaporated or heated, there is no way for freeze distillation to produce an explosion or any sort of super-concentrated methanol solution.

If you turn your apple wine into applejack, it will not spoil and the resulting apple-flavored liquor will go well with a variety of mixers. This will make your drinks taste better than the original apple wine. I suggest using lemon-lime, ginger ale, or club soda as the mixer. Cream soda might also be good.
>>
>>34759225
>its another episode of newfag tries to blend into 4chan culture
>>
>>34759857
sounds delightful, anon
>>
>>34759904
This, ive been thinking this nice to see there are smart people here, if making alcohol with yeast and sugar water made dangerous amounts of methanol they wouldnt sell it at shops
>>
>>34759857
Yeast is always necessary to produce alcohol. You can either buy yeast to brew it in a sealed container, or you can leave the brewing container open to ferment with wild yeast from the air. The old-school wild yeast method you are talking about ferments the juice with a SCOBY, or Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast. The bacteria eat sugar to make lactic acid, while the yeast eats sugar to make alcohol. This makes a perfectly acceptable, but sour-flavored, alcoholic beverage.

There is a slight risk of contamination of the wine with disease pathogens when using the wild yeast brewing method. If you want to try the flavor of old-school wild yeast wine without the risk, the best way is to buy a commercially-produced sourdough starter, which is also a SCOBY. Then, brew by adding a bit of sourdough starter, then seal the brewing jug as with traditional yeast-only brewing. Naturally, you will need to add flour and water to the starter mix from time to time to keep it alive, and you will want to keep a loose lid on the container, say, a plate set on top, to let C02 out while preventing contamination.

You can make a sourdough starter yourself by leaving a thick mixture of flour and water in an open container at room temperature to ferment. Once it smells sour, you have your starter. There is a bit of risk of getting sick from this method, but if you don't get sick the first time you use it, you know that the starter will continue to be safe to use. A safe starter produced this way will work as well as the commercial starters, with a unique flavor produced by the local varieties of wild yeast and lactobacillus bacteria.
>>
>>34759857
Um, if you used oranges, you probably didn't notice the extra sour flavor from the bacteria because orange juice is already sour. Not, like, preemptively arguing here, just thought the fact was interesting.
>>
>>34760153
ah that makes sense. I meant the yeast cubes from the kitchen, but yeah we exposed it to the air to burp it, so I'm sure that did the trick. bread helped too, like you said.

>>34760187
nigger if you're drinking booze for the flavor you have your priorities fucked up
>>
>>34760038
...Actually, now that I think of it, applejack with cream soda sounds delicious. Sort of like apple pie ala mode. I'll have to try it one of these days.
>>
Yup. Alcohol is so easy to make even nature will do it accidentally.

Doesnt mean it's gunna taste very good though.
>>
>>34760233
Lol. Why not drink for both the alcohol and the flavor?

I drink for the flavor, not so much for the alcohol, because I greatly prefer the high from marijuana to the high from alcohol. Getting nice and stoned on the back porch at twilight using my one-hitter pipe while sipping on a 32 oz bottle of Miller High Life for a couple of hours is about perfect.
>>
>>34759986
>it's another episode of a CANDY ASS being a CANDY ASS
>>
>>34757561
Essentially, yes it really is just that easy. That said, if you don't take any care in what you're doing then the end product will taste like absolute shit. But if you're an alcohol and you just want to get drunk as cheaply as possible then prison wine is a viable option.
>>
>>34757630
>>34757692
Methanol will be made when doing this, but it will only be found in high enough concentrations to be dangerous if you distill it.
>>
>>34757630
Nice, I can get drunk and die at the same time. Two birds with one stone.
>>
>>34757561
I was just wondering why more dumb, desperate teenagers don't do this. You'd think the prospect of getting alcohol without having to pay a bum handsomely to purchase it for you would entice them.
>>
>>34762046
it tastes like shit is why
and people are stupid
they can make all the shit-tasting booze they want, pennies on the dollar, but no, that would require a basic understanding of biology

seriously the taste makes it barely worth it
>>
>>34759904
>there is no way for freeze distillation to produce an explosion or any sort of super-concentrated methanol solution.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeze_distillation
>he danger of freeze distillation of alcoholic beverages, is that unlike heat distillation, where the methanol and other impurities can be separated from the finished product, freeze distillation does not remove them. Thus the ratio of impurities may be increased compared to the total volume of the beverage.
>>
>>34762046
Because most teenage yolo fags aren't alkies, they want photos themselves sipping on Heinkens and swigging from a bottle of Jagermeister. Ie. the same reason they buy 150$ sneakers instead of taping sponges to their feet or just buying of brand chucks.
>>
>>34757670
Liar.
orignal
>>
>>34762168

Teens don't drink for the taste and neither do alcoholics.
>>
>>34762203
This. Methanol is used as anti-freeze, of course it's going to stay in the still liquid part instead of freezing over and being removed as ice.

Don't give advice that can kill someone if you're not 100% sure and too stupid to apply common sense.
>>
>>34762046
I did when I was 17. It was easy.
>>
yes its pretty easy, even my 70 y/o grandma brews home made wine. Its always overly sweet but I actually like that
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.