[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just signed my withdrawal papers and dropped out at UC Berkeley

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

I just signed my withdrawal papers and dropped out at UC Berkeley today.

I feel like shit but I was going to get kicked out sooner or later with a 1.5GPA, just saved myself the embarrassment.

Any /dropouts/ here? What can I do at this point in my life? Haven't told my parents yet, they'll probably just kick me out.

I feel so lost.
>>
File: can'tstump.jpg (37KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
can'tstump.jpg
37KB, 426x426px
>>34755522
Hey it isn't the end of the world. You shouldn't define yourself as a failure or a success solely by your academic achievements, you can accomplish all sorts of things without a degree, though some training may be necessary. You could study to become a freelance programmer, a virtual assistant, a web designer, an IT guy, or any number of robot tier jobs. Never give up, always look to the future. Just because you might have to work a shitty job doesn't mean that you are a shitty person. I believe in you anon, the fact that you were accepted at all means that you do have the potential to be academically successful, and that potential could be applied to other careers. Community college might be an alternative for you, there is no shame in that. I know you can accomplish great things, but you have to believe this yourself before you can do so. I believe in you Anon.
>>
>>34755522
how old are you? itll give us an idea of your development sort of.

youll be okay. i was kicked out of uni after a full ride scholarship, went to cc for a year, dropped because of low gpa, lied to my parents for a year after, and now im back at cc working my way through it. ive got more direction now, i wish i was todat who i was 3-4 years ago, but its whatever.

there will always be chances and opportunities to grow, just focus on finding out what you want to do and go from there. failing out of school doesnt make you a failure, and even if you were a failure, thats a state of being that can be changed. youll be okay faggot.
>>
What was your major and year, and why were your grades so shit
>>
>>34755522
I know that feel, anon. I dropped out of University of Washington a couple of years ago. Spent a year getting myself better prepared for working hard by teaching English overseas. Start working hard at something productive and you can start making yourself ready again.
Alternatively, you can do what a buddy of mine did and just join the Navy as a "Nuke." It's ez mode compared to majoring in something difficult, but a lot of the guys you'll be working with will be borderline retarded until you finish the training.
It's all up to you what you want to do, anon. I believe you will be successful, even if it takes a couple years.
>>
>>34755522
What was your major? If it was stem, I envy you, because I didn't get in.

Anyway, its not the end of the world.

Do you have a job? If you do, get a shitty apartment in oakland, and start taking classes at City College SF to try and get an associates. Then move on to like sf state or something to finish your bachelor's. Then, its like you never dropped out.

It will be hard work, but I believe in you, OP.
>>
I have no sympathy for you. Someone got rejected from Berkeley so that your lazy dumb ass could get in.

You should feel bad, because you were handed an easy ride through life and you rejected it.
>>
>>34755522
Good, now go out there and do something that matters.
>>
I did the same thing and realized pretty quickly how badly I fucked up. Life outside of the highly-educated bubble is fucking miserable, I put in two semesters at a community college and got back into my state school.
>>
File: cat-crying.gif (2MB, 372x262px) Image search: [Google]
cat-crying.gif
2MB, 372x262px
I graduated from university two years ago and have been a worthless NEET since then, a degree isn't going to magically make you a normalfag, a robot is a robot regardless of a piece of paper
>>
>>34755522
Have an important exam tomorrow, if I fail over 5 years of studying will be worthless. I've been physically ill 80% of the semester and didn't get to study as much as I needed, couple weeks ago I started panicking and recently had some breakdowns. I'm fucked.
>>
>>34755522
>UC Berkeley

Die you filthy liberal
>>
>>34756438
Hit tha muthafuckin bong bruhh
>>
>>34756754
Can't afford to lose my driving license if I'm gonna drop out. Can't have a m8 driving me around while delivering pizza to make a living. Yes, they take away your license if you get caught smoking weed in my country, up to 6 months after consumption and regardless of whether you were driving high or not.
>>
File: 1460155312986.jpg (207KB, 1434x1464px) Image search: [Google]
1460155312986.jpg
207KB, 1434x1464px
>>34755522
>I just signed my withdrawal papers and dropped out at UC Berkeley today.
are you still on campus anon?
want to meet up?

Is your name brandon or some other generic whiteboi name
>>
>>34755522
How'd you manage to get your GPA that low?
>>
>>34755522
I had to drop out due to my inability to learn basic math. I was doing decent on top of that, had a GPA of about 3-3.5. I was just too stupid to learn anything that actually meant something, and got a high-ish GPA because I took bullshit Liberal Arts courses like English.
Being retarded isn't fun, believe me.
>>
>>34755522
I dropped out from UC San Diego January 2016 anon (was a 2nd year). I cannot say life will be easy but know that the despair you feel is not life threatening. I hope you are not going with any debt over your head, but if you are then you need to get a job asap. Being young means you are resilient enough to spend almost none of the money you make on any of your needs. You can starve for 2 days straight before your next meal, you can go homeless or live in a car, you can sleep away most illnesses. So save that $$$ [/spoiler]unless you are a drug addict like me ofc
>>
>>34755522
Do you know a guy named Robin Zhang?
He went to my HS, and I'm wondering if you have any stories of his sperg-outs.
>>
Get out of UC Berkley before God Emperor Trump sends in his Alt-Right PEPE Death Squads to REMOVE sjws and make america great again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMk2X5eDYFU
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.