[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the FUCK do I begin to even move out from my parents. I finally

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: sweatypepe.jpg (8KB, 246x232px) Image search: [Google]
sweatypepe.jpg
8KB, 246x232px
How the FUCK do I begin to even move out from my parents. I finally found a job but it would be a daily commute of 1.5 hours and I want to move closer to my job but HOW?!

>how do I find a place
>what is included in the furniture? Fridge? Bed?
>apartment or house or rent or buy WTF
>what is a lease
>how does the paying work
>how do I move my stuff there
>how do I tell the government or whatever
>>
Your pepe has a black pixel in its eye and it's bothering me
>>
>>34752919
>how do I find a place
your country should have a popular renting site, in the UK we have stuff like rightmove.co.uk

>furniture
It depends on what the landlord says, some leave it furnished, some is empty you have to do it yourself

>house
if you live alone you don't need this unless you want a big space, but it will be expensive

and rent of course
>>
>>34752970
You used to not be able to post the same image more than once on /r9k/ so people started changing one pixel in paint so it would bypass the filter. That pixel has historic value
>>
>>34753156
Yeah but usually you'd put a black pixel on one of the already black spots like the eyes for example and it'd still work

Delet it
>>
File: 1486268950134.gif (1MB, 300x208px) Image search: [Google]
1486268950134.gif
1MB, 300x208px
>How do I find a place?
Craigslist if in the US, if UK check
>>34753031

>What is included?
The listing should say. You can obtain furni from Goodwill or Salvation Army. Fridge can be bought from the same places.

>Rent or own? Apartment or house?
Depends on your budget. Go for rent, get a steady flow of income, and THEN worry about buying a house.
>What is a lease
Google it dummy
>How does the paying work?
Ask your landlord.
>How do I move my stuff there?
If huge, U-HAUL. If small, Mexicans.
>How do I tell the government?
Contact your social worker and get a legal change of address. Also make sure that you're in the selective service if you're in the US.
>>
>>34752970
Saw your post, saw the spot, made me scroll to check it wasn't dirt on my monitor.

Then I realised if it was dirt on my monitor, why would you be posting about it?
>>
>>34753292
LOL someone give this man gold XDDD
>>
>>34752919
In the US, it's better renting a house than an apartment. Now, if you have good credit and are 25 years old or older, it's better buying a house. If you're not married and don't have kids then just rent a little house for yourself where you feel comfy.

1 bedroom apartment is nice too, but rent starts going up and up each time you have to renew the lease. Let's say that If you rent an apartment for $850 a month, you live there for 5 years, chances are that you'll end up paying $1100+. At least that's what happens here in Florida, I don't know about other states, let alone outside the country.
>>
>>34753311
Do you come here just to act like a twat?
>>
>>34753284
>Contact your social worker
wait what
no way are social workers that common the states

OP would need to be disabled or drug dependent
>>
>>34753156
Look at the compression on that thing!

Imagine how many times that image has been saved and reposted.
>>
>>34753385
I assumed he was on Autismbux, thus needing to contact hus SW
>>
>>34753388
constant saving/reposting would not decrease quality or resolution
>>
File: e43.png (53KB, 571x618px) Image search: [Google]
e43.png
53KB, 571x618px
>>34753332
No, I also made the comment about the origin of that pixel. Your post was so perfectly formatted to reel in all those precious upboats that I could not simply let the chance of making fun of it pass
>>
>>34753392
there is no way the US has a welfare state of the size and expense that everyone on benefits can have a social worker. either that or social worker means something different like random government employee
>>
File: 1475954307447.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1475954307447.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>>34752919
>I finally found a job
>should I buy a house
>>
Try to avoid renting on your own unless you're rich . you'll just get shafted.

find a flat/house share or bedsit
>>
>>34753447
its fine to rent alone as long as you have a half-decent job and you're not looking in the centre of a city
>>
>>34753456
if it makes sense to avoid the highest value areas in order to save money regardless of income then it would make more sense to save more in other ways
>>
>>34752919
1. Find your city/country's popular renting sites. Big sites that don't specialize in this also sometimes have offers, ebay kleinanzeigen or facebook groups for example

2. Use renting sites to set up a visit and check out the place, if they won't let you physically tour the object being rented out its a scam btw.

3. After a month you'll get a feel for the best price/location you can get and which site has the good offers (its usually only one), don't jump the gun before that.

4. Read the contracts carefully, don't be afraid to ask for changes and refuse to sign if it has bullshit clauses [like, say, if you can only move out with 6 months forewarning or if you're liable for literally all maintenance etc]. Again, if you take your time and don't commit to the first offer you get, eventually you'll have read a couple different contracts and have an idea for what's usually in a contract and what isn't.

5. I would rent neither a house nor an apartment. In Germany it's popular to live in a wg, which is basically a group of 3-5 people with individual rooms and shared bath/kitchen. If this isn't common in your country, I'd go for the smallest apartment available, rent is likely to be your single biggest cash sink and it goes up fast if you want lots of space.

Whether it's furnished or not depends entirely on the owner, often you can arrange to buy furniture from the previous inhabitant even if its offered unfurnished. I wouldn't be squeamy about furnishing, as long as there's a kitchen your own room is fairly easy to sort out, just get a mattress/chair/table/bed and its done

6. You'll need to change your address registration for sure, so check city hall website. Your bank, employer etc may also want to be updated on where you live.
>>
>>34753495
i wouldn't want to share unless the person was great
>>
>>34753518
sounds like you're the dick
>>
>>34753518
Why do they need to be great? Ignore them and live your own life, its fine as long as they don't shit up the kitchen. And that will be pretty clear when you're checking out the place [hint: look for shit in the kitchen].
>>
File: Drinking.jpg (518KB, 600x869px) Image search: [Google]
Drinking.jpg
518KB, 600x869px
>>34752919

It's fairly easy, Anon.

Get an apartment guide, do a google search, look on craigslist, etc and shop around for apartments. You shouldn't buy a house unless you've got a lot of money and want to live there indefinitely. Buying is usually much more expensive. If you don't make that much, look for roommates.

You'll schedule an appointment with the apartment owners to go and look at the apartment. If the apartment looks good to you, you'll sign a lease. A lease is an agreement to live in that apartment and pay rent on it for some specified amount of time, usually one year. If you still want to live there next year, you can renew your lease for another year.

Most apartments do not include furniture, unless they specifically say they're furnished. But, they do come with a refrigerator and an oven. Sometimes other things too, like a dishwasher or washer and dryer. You should get a couple very cheap things (a bed, a table, a tv, drawers, etc) and buy more when you have more money. Your parents will probably let you take your bed and things like that. Thrift stores are good for buying cheap furniture. You would need your own appliances too, like a vacuum, microwave, and so on.

Paying is super easy, just mail a check to wherever they tell you to mail it. Sometimes you can also pay online, or just drop it off at the rent office. To move your stuff, hire a moving company. You pay them and they do almost all the work for you. Sometimes they can be expensive though.

To change your address, go to a post office. Ask for a change of address form, fill it out, and either put it in a slot they have for those forms or give it to the clerk. You may have to manually change your address with a few people/establishments (your bank, your workplace, etc) by calling them or going online, but the government will know your new address after the change of address form and should forward all your mail to your new address.
>>
>>34753739
OP here: tl;dr
>>
File: 1406159839466.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1406159839466.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
>>34753989
if you can't read that you shouldn't be allowed to sign a lease
>>
>>34753739
Not OP, but thanks this helps
>>
>>34753405
Yes, but the image had to be edited each time it was reposted. Keep up
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.