[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you vegan? It gives you the ability to trigger

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

File: Patrik_Baboumian_für_PETA.jpg (285KB, 595x838px) Image search: [Google]
Patrik_Baboumian_für_PETA.jpg
285KB, 595x838px
Why aren't you vegan? It gives you the ability to trigger normies, fat feminists, and lacto-ovo vegetarians who think it's still the 80s, by just existing, and other vegans by being a whole food vegan instead of imitation tendies vegan.

>inb4 you all get triggered by this post
>>
hmmm i have been looking to increase my smugness
>>
File: wooly rhino.jpg (204KB, 520x462px) Image search: [Google]
wooly rhino.jpg
204KB, 520x462px
Paleo is better
>>
>>34752062

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgc-6zZj034
>>
>>34752082

>muh b-12 from rain water!!!
>>
File: 4-chan-muh-gear.jpg (259KB, 1188x713px) Image search: [Google]
4-chan-muh-gear.jpg
259KB, 1188x713px
>tfw roiding up to be a 8% BF fuckboi qt
>gonna promote myself as a vegan on IG and other shit
>make lots of views/subscribe dosh by being a fake natty fake vegan
>on the side gonna get free 50-80$+ meals from faggots off of grindr/okcupid without putting out at all, just do the usual "that was fun lets do it again bye" bullshit the roasties do to beta providers.
>also give out dick picks in exchange for 20$ dominos and papa johns deliveries

It's the ultimate troll
>>
>>34751991
literally money.

To be a vegan and not starve you need to get plenty of nuts and exotic shit that is extra expensive.

Not to mention Baboumian takes dietary supplements (like every athlete / /fit/izen) which actually include (possibly) carnitine and other deficiencies his vegan diet may give to him in respect to strength training.
So he can't be put as an example of how veganism totally lets you be strong duuude
>>
>>34752143
Sounds originally pretty good
>>
>>34752176
It's always cheapest to not give a shit, but a vegan diet *of equal health* is generally cheaper if you don't shop like a basic bitch.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/vegetarian-diet-can-save-you-around-750-each-year-when-compared-meat-eating-diet-356670

My personal food budget is $6/day. I usually average less. Is that considered high/low/average?
>>
>>34752402

Nigga I eat like a bodybuilder and spend like 7$ with tons of meat on my diet.

If I were a normie piece of shit I could literally just have 2$ worth of home made beans, rice, pasta dishes and other shit.

7 fucking dollars a day as a vegan, holy shit do you just buy ready made meals or something? or buy the most expensive organic bullshit?
>>
>>34752402
>My personal food budget is $6/day. I usually average less. Is that considered high/low/average?
no idea I'm spanish so food prices may vary a lot.
I'd say that not counting fish and chocolate/cookies/other unnecessary shit I can eat for about 10 to 15 EUR/week, having a varied diet of meat and vegetables, pasta etc.

Here pork is like 2 EUR half a kilo (1lb). 200 gr of almonds is actually more expensive (2.80 EUR).

>Non-ASCII text is not allowed.
>Non-ASCII text is not allowed.
>>
File: 95f.jpg (33KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
95f.jpg
33KB, 500x545px
>>34752402
>4 4-line paragraphs article on a popmed e-magazine

you know where it belongs.
>>
Hamburgers are delicious, and its not pizza without at least some pepperoni.
>>
File: 1480209326206.jpg (21KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1480209326206.jpg
21KB, 420x420px
>>34751991

Because I live in uni accomodation where food is provided, and it would be near impossible because of this.

I want to become one next year when I move out of catered accommodation (I'm currently a vegetarian)
>>
I can't give up meat, it's delicious and not eating it makes you a homosexual weakling.
>>
File: 1450949511586.jpg (189KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1450949511586.jpg
189KB, 1462x1462px
>>34752767

>tfw vegetarian
>tfw 6'4" and well built

Run along "big boy", go eat your tendies
>>
Because eggs and chicken are cheaper than meme veganistic foods. Im a neet i get by with the cheapest possible alternatives.
>>
>>34752525
I've been to your beautiful country. I was feeding myself convenient shit, on top of a restaurant meal, for 10 EUR/day. A pound of nuts lasts me a couple weeks since I eat about a quarter cup a day. Gotta keep them omega ratios in check. Why don't your people like peanut butter?

>>34752436
I said I usually spend less. But more than $2. I spend at least $0.99 on a pound of green stuff, and at least $0.50 on a few pieces of sports candy. Then I try to have a serving of frozen or dried berries, some other vegetables, usually cheap stuff like carrots/onions/sweet potatoes, flax and/or chia, a serving of nuts, and some grains and beans for the rest of my energy needs. Is that too decadent?

>>34752729
Would you if that new fake burger, made with heme iron so it tastes like the real thing, were the cheaper option? Heme iron makes it carcinogenic like the real thing.

>>34752765
Please be supplementing b12 (the same stuff is added to livestock feed), because it's literally impossible to get enough from eggs.

>>34752767
I am queer tho. Low fiber diets result in excess estrogen being reabsorbed instead of shat out.
>>
>>34752887

Yeah I take multivitamins which have b12. The 180 tablet ones in a red container from boots (not sure if this shop is in America)
>>
Now what I really want are some god damn insect farms and maggot burgers, theres been talk about how they would be the most efficient way to produce food but nobody has started yet.

Inb4 vegans
>maggots are livin beans they have rights x-dddd
>>
>>34752176
>To be a vegan and not starve you need to get plenty of nuts
true
>and exotic shit that is extra expensive.
Nah, just nuts and lots of grains+legumes. Don't fall for the hippie meme, you don't need wheatgrass or goji berries or whatever other gay ass crap. Just go down to the local arab or pajeet store and get loads of cheap bulk foods like rice, beans, peas, bulgur, etc.

>supplements
Yeah, b12 is a must. Some amino acids if you wanna lift. But truthfully, the money you save from not buying meat is more than enough to offset this (unless you where buying really cheap, low quality meats in which case boi do you have other problems...). Also don't fall for the hippie meme here either, you don't need "holistic" supplements, just get some cheap b12 or multivitamins with b12 in them.
>>
>>34752887
If it tastes the same? For sure. It might be healthier even.
>>
>>34751991
i like to trigger all those people by being a total fucking loser and still enjoying myself
>>
>>34752176
bruh costs me 25-30 AUD a week to be vegan
try harder fgt
>>
File: vegan.jpg (189KB, 749x751px) Image search: [Google]
vegan.jpg
189KB, 749x751px
>>34753686

>carnicuck intellectuals
>>
>>34753686
Antinatalism can be very effective for that.

>>34753756
This is not a constructive post.
>>
>>34753858
had to reload and forgot imaeg
>>
>>34751991
It's better to trigger vegans actually. They get angry if you eat meat or say bullfighting isn't really as bad, or if you just laugh at something stupid they say.
>>
>>34752143
what do all these pills on your desk do anon
>>
>>34751991
Most vegans I know are chubby or skinnyfat. I'll pass.
>>
>>34751991
>Why aren't you vegan?
but I am vegan though

I was vegetarian for a while but my university makes it easy as fuck to go vegan, there's plenty of vegan options

the vegan enchiladas they make here are fucking AMAZING, I want to learn how they make or where they buy that non-dairy cheese

>>34754140
what are you anon
>>
>>34754179
>what are you anon

Lean meat eating runner. In my defense, my dad is really into hunting so I grew up primarily eating fresh venison.
>>
b-but i'm already a vegan
>>
Is being a vegan in the UK pretty easy to do since there's so many vegans there?
>>
>>34754531
Yup, even if there arent specific vegan restaurants in your area (if youre in a city there will be) its so easy to find places with options (happycow)
>>
Is cum vegan?
>>
>>34754855
upvoted :^)

https://www.reddit.com/r/vegancirclejerk/comments/31femr/was_thinking_about_gary_in_the_shower_and_it_made/
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>34754855

A vegan gf whose never eaten meat and therefore has an almost unhealthy appetite for sucking my cock...I can dream dammit!
>>
File: 1467165028017.jpg (24KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1467165028017.jpg
24KB, 320x320px
How do i get b12 without taking some fag supplements every day
>>
>>34755223
Eat dirt
>>
>>34755330
>Eat dirt
I would rather not thanks

I was wondering if there's any plant based foods that already come fortified with b12 and other supplements that vegans often need
>>
>>34755365
You can get bread and milk substitutes that have b12 in them.
>>
>>34751991
Because I like cheese, milk, butter, eggs and most of all meat. One of the best moments of my life was eating Wagyu beef at a really nice restaurant.
No idea why I would give up food I love.
>>
File: 1481808177705.jpg (41KB, 462x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481808177705.jpg
41KB, 462x500px
>>34751991
Meat tastes good
>There are things that tastes like meat but are not meat
Do you really think its the same?
I dont give a shit about some pigs/cows being slaughter for food
They are animals.We are above them
>>
>>34755614
>No idea why I would give up food I love.
it's unhealthy, bad for the environment, needlessly kills animals, increases pollution and global warming, uses 15x the amount of water a plant based dish would, etc

I highly reccomend you educate yourself on the effects of meat and animal agriculture so that you can make informed decisions on your diet. People are indocrinated into a meat based diet at birth without ever really understanding the effects.
>>
I believe veganism is the correct moral position.

But I grew up shooting large animals barebow and tanning their hides with their fat. It's hard to be vegan when you are that culturally entrenched. I am proud to have so many winter hides that they cover my marriage bed. I'm proud to feed my loved ones memories of being in the mountains.

I love plants too. Local climate change effecting which wild plants dominate as the years pass is both thrilling and distressing. It's getting harder to find my favorite edible flowers, but there are more fiddleheads than before.

Anyway. I feel better eating salmon I caught myself than plants that had to be shipped 2000+ miles to my store.
>>
File: IMG_3490.jpg (132KB, 750x755px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3490.jpg
132KB, 750x755px
I wouldn't want it to boost my ego to this level
>pic related
>>
>>34755710
Cowspiracy, Forks over Knives and Earthlings is like the holy trinity.
>>
>>34755951
>afterlife is better anyways
Not talking about some christian shit tho
>>
>>34755777
I say this time and time again on here anon, caring about your diet is NOT something which is black and white. You don't have to be either vegan or full on meat with every meal carnist.

I respect your lifestyle - there are many ways to not support the industrial animal agriculture industry and eating meat which you know was raised sustainably or eating just fish are some of those ways.

The important thing is that you are AWARE of the effects your diet is having, not only on yourself, but on the greater world. If you understand this and change your diet however you see fit, then I feel you've done enough. That's all I ask of anyone.

That being said, there's many good reasons other than just the moral ones for which someone would become a vegan, in fact I don't even think the morality argument is a particularly strong one, appeals to pathos are always the weakest form of argument
>>
>>34756073
Eh, I know it's not all or nothing. Eating wild animals I kill myself if a compromise I can live with. But I'm still not sure I have a right to kill an animal when there is no necessity.

Eh, other arguments never swayed me. Environmental arguments? Good place to start, except I have the perspective of someone who lives in a place where potatoes are the only thing that grows. I'm not sure exactly what the environmental cost of local meat ranching vs. shipping in a huge mass of crops is, but you can understand my musings. The fact that factory farming isn't the #1 climate change contributor doesn't make it benign, but my environmental views are so tied up with anti-capitalism it's hard for me to think more practically. That's a failing of mine, really, not an argument against veganism.

Health wise...eh. Statistically the moderate amount of alcohol I drink is more likely to give me cancer than my meat. Sure, it's wise to reduce whatever risks I can stand to give up but I'm not a health nut so meat is just one tiny piece of a much bigger, more distracting, puzzle.

Not trying to argue with you, you seem based as fuck. I'm sure you've heard all this weak-ass shit already, just giving ya my thought process in case it helps you talk to people about it in the future.
>>
>>34755710
>Unhealthy
Honestly I have never in my life counted calories or paid attention to the vitamins I eat or anything like that. I think I do alright, I don't get sick more than once a year maximum and have a healthy weight. I'm not sure if a conscious vegan diet would be any healthier than a conscious diet that incorporates meat, cheese, milk, etc.
>Kill animals
If people wouldn't eat meat, there would be no cattle which in turn means that less cows/ chicken/ etc. would exist in the first place. Would it be better if the vast majority of these animals would never have been born?
Secondly, what about wildlife? If hunters wouldn't shoot for example deer their population would explode since their natural predators have become very rare. This in turn would lead to more deer venturing outside their habitat into towns, where they might cause car accidents and would become a nuisance. Hunting in most parts of the Western world is an important part of maintaining the eco-system.
>Bad for environment
Is it any better if you fly Bananas halfway across the globe? Unless you restrict yourself exclusively to local, seasonal vegetables you are still doing a lot of harm to the environment. Maybe holding cattle is overall worse, but as somebody that doesn't have a driver's license and hasn't been in a plane for the past 5 years, I feel like I get to at least have one area where I am responsible for a little bit of pollution.
I am also a bit of what you might call a "climate skeptic"; I don't believe that the impact will ever be as devastating as some people will lead you to believe and sacrificing a better living standard because else the world will end according to the people that have been wrong countless times before seems like a questionable decision. I think technological progress (clean energy, electric cars, ever more low-power computing...) will have a much larger impact on any of that, than a bunch of farms will.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.