[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else notice how life appears to be easier/more relaxed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: harold thinking.jpg (178KB, 750x864px) Image search: [Google]
harold thinking.jpg
178KB, 750x864px
Anyone else notice how life appears to be easier/more relaxed and generally better for those who are less smart/less knowledgeable and way less mature in behavior?

It's as if these people are luckier and go on through life/everyday living less heavily than most of us, like they are chosen to not worry about things that would seem deadly important to us.

Do they just choose an easier route in life, or do they just worry less since most of the time everything was and still is fine for them?
Or is it both?
Is it something completely different?

I know life is unfair, but what specifically gives for them?
>>
File: 1423371827460.gif (350KB, 328x272px) Image search: [Google]
1423371827460.gif
350KB, 328x272px
lmao x-DDDDD
>>
File: 1485676622817.jpg (62KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
1485676622817.jpg
62KB, 780x780px
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, anon.

When you're a normie with functional social skills and a decent environment, you have no reason to look seriously into anything. You really have nothing to gain and everything to lose by becoming more educated at that point.

Of course it could also just be that more intelligent people ruminate more/find the negatives in things more easily.
>>
For all this can help ITT's discussion, I'm the opposite

I'm too smart, too knowledgeable, and too mature and have always been. And I also consider myself ridiculously lucky in every single way.

My mind is in a constant state of turmoil. Not a single day goes by when I don't question every decision I've ever made, when I don't endlessly ponder on my own existence to a painful end

Yet I still live life very tranquil and calm. I never worry and anything that happens to me externally just passes by me like a shadow

So yeah, I know this doesn't bring much to this thread but just wanted to share as an example
>>
>>34743577
I think they're more relaxed because they worry way less.

My theory is that they lack the foresight that more intelligent people have to see potential issues in the future.
>>
>>34743668
>My mind is in a constant state of turmoil. Not a single day goes by when I don't question every decision I've ever made, when I don't endlessly ponder on my own existence to a painful end
>tfw same, but even worry about external things that happen to me as well
>>
>>34743666
nice trips, satan

orig
>>
>>34743666
>Satan's shitposting on /r9k/ again
>>
File: 1486211787148.jpg (247KB, 714x739px) Image search: [Google]
1486211787148.jpg
247KB, 714x739px
>predisposed to depression
>long episodes of melancholy and feeling "vacant" since ~age 17
>good grades in HS and university
>made to believe I'm "intelligent" and attribute depression to that
>take IQ test
>actually dumb
>tfw
>>
>>34744053
But anon, if you're getting good grades, how does it even matter?
>>
I'm stupid as shit. Did awful in all my school years and am probably going to drop out of community college as well because I just can't do well in it. In every aspect of intelligence I could be considered below average, and it sucks. Still, I'm really depressed, constantly anxious and worried, and well aware that I have no future.

Some people are just not worried about anything and maybe that's why they seem happy, but I wouldn't say they are less smart.
>>
Anxiety and depression makes you care about wrong things in life. The normie mind usually picks us useful positive stuff and drops the rest.

>>34744053
This. My teachers always loved me because I was polite and did my homework. In reality I can only give back what people told me, nothing more. I can't do anything without proper instructions and those can't be too complicated. IRL this worth less than shit. Supposedly dumb people who can do less but reliably and on their own (not to mention working with others is much more important than being good in something) are people every company wants.

>>34744472
Not that Anon but good grades only mean something if they are really good and backed by real knowledge. So what if I got As on my every math test? Tests are usually about the small subjects teachers focused on before. If you can't use it for solving real problems it doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>34744472
I have a good memory- hence remember words and rote learn concepts etc but when it comes to logic and real world "common sense" I'm pretty impaired. No sense of direction, hopeless spatially, disorganized, slow with jokes etc.
>>
>>34743577
An abstraction of the Dunning and Kruger effect. They are happier not because they do not care about these things, they are simply too foolish to understand them, or simply do not know of them.
>>
>>34743577
Intelligent people are naturally more introspective, giving them a better grasp of their thought processes and emotions.

This is why actors and performers must have at least a little bit of noggin, as it requires understanding processes behind all things metaphysical like emotions, expression etc.

anxiety, overthinking and over-analysis to problems otherwise solved with simple reasoning are a symptom of active brains.
People like this only make life hard for themselves, they crave constant stimulation.
>>
>>34743577
just get less sleep

aim for like 4 hours of sleep a night and you will feel just as auto pilot as the dumbest person you know
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.