[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go out to the local mall for exposure therapy >after doing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: images-13.jpg (20KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images-13.jpg
20KB, 443x332px
>go out to the local mall for exposure therapy
>after doing ok for half an hour get brain fog
>try to push through it for another half hour but it doesnt go away
>go home
>brain fog immediately lifts
Every damn time. What am I doing wrong?
>>
I did exposure therapy for 8 months last year. What are you actually doing it for? What is your diagnosis? What are your symptoms in this environment, and what are you trying to reduce or eliminate?
>>
You are an introvert. You gain your energy from activities within the confines of solitude while you lose your energy when interacting in social situations that involve other people. An extrovert would experience the opposite, being around people such as the local mall would leave them feeling energized, while too much time spent in solitude would leave them with brain fog feeling drained.
>>
>>34742007

Fuck that shit right off. You get your energy from sleep and food. You're talking about feeling overwhelmed.
>>
>>34742036
That's not the energy I'm talking about.
>>
>>34742103

Then use the right words. Doing otherwise makes shit worse.
>>
>>34741957
I have social anxiety and agoraphobia. These situations make me anxious and its hard to focus and talk to people and remember things. Those symptoms had been improving a little but then the brain fog started happening whenever I'd go out which is worse than the initial symptoms I was having. It's like suddenly my brain goes "ok you can't take in anymore information even if you want to". I also suddenly get very sleepy even if moments before I had plenty of energy.
>>
>>34742229
Exposure therapy gets a lot worse before it gets better. It's normal to feel like complete shit while you're doing it- and if your therapist isn't worthless he should have told you that. If you have the strength of will to stick to it, gradually your mind and body will recognize that these situations you're planning yourself in will not kill you and your stress, anxiety and other negative emotions will diminish.

I wish /r9k/ wasn't so fast because I have a wealth of information on exposure therapy but I'm going to sleep and wouldn't be able to share any of it until tomorrow night. Best of luck to you man. I've been working on my mental health for over a decade, been through some very, very difficult shit and exposure therapy was hands-down the hardest thing I've ever had to do. It will change your life if you can stick to it though.
>>
>>34742371
My therapist did say it would be hard at first. Unfortunately after a couple of month into starting exposure therapy, he had to move away so I've been going it alone since. Thank you for your words of encouragement, I'll do my best.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.