[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Math is the true pseudointellectual normie filter. Everyone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

Math is the true pseudointellectual normie filter.

Everyone pretends to know some shit about the usual supposed intellectual subjects, philosophy, literature, politics and so on but they dont even try with math.

>omg my brain just doesnt get along with math xD

>i'm smart but lazy thats why i suck at math

>i have emotional intelligence instead teehee

Math is the key to separate yourself from the normies. why not start studying today?
>>
Because I am already studying it anon. Im only one more class away from a degree in (>applied) math

My favorite subject is graph theory
>>
because people enjoy talking about
>intellectual subjects, philosophy, literature, politics and so on

with others

ask someone "do you wanna do my math homework" and see the reaction
>>
>>34739712
yes, because making someone do your math homework is the only discussion you can have about math. get real queer. your hobby does not need social validation.
>>
>>34739645
>taking Civ Engineering
>Getting good grades on math subjects
>Barely passing physics subjects
I should have taken math but some parts like statistics and some geometry shit just bore me to death
>>
>>34739733 >>34739645

math isn't the only thing that separates you from normies
>>
>>34739752
>he thinks engineering math is actual math

Engineering math is to actual math, as 9th grade math is to engineering math
>>
>he assigns value to a person based on their arbitrary knowledge of how numbers work
Gee anon I bet you're pretty fun to be around
>>
>>34739851
of course, that value is labeled intelligence. by no means you're a bad person for not liking numbers, that's just stupid. i just implied you're dumber.
>>
>>34739645
I'm basically turning math into my new hobby. Girls and Chads love talking about their favorite book because they can just skim it and pretend they're a genius. They hate math because it's the most important subject ib school and it makes the people they picked on into millionaires
>>
>>34739851
> so stupid he thinks math is about "how numbers work
>>
>>34739645
>>Emotional Intelligence
If anybody tells you they're emotionally intelligent, it's pretty much a free pass to punch them in the balls/vaginer.
It's just an excuse idiots tell themselves to feel less stupid, and usually means they're the most basic fucking retards on the planet.
>>
I think a major problem is that math has to be taught, and the way most of us were taught math was simply in terms of stipulations...

The maths teacher may have played a documentary or two on geometric forms or something, but we were never given the degree of context, history, and philosophy that would make maths enjoyable. It was just learning how to use it most of the time.

I think this is a major issue with education today, and it's a big part of why males often do poorly in public schooling - we need that context, we need to be able to challenge ideas and critically evaluate them rather than just be told "this is how it is, and this is how you do it". Our minds filter things, and we resent being expected to absorb things without this filter.

Am I wrong?
>>
math is for iq 120 - 180

once you surpass that range you recognize it for the human fraudulence it and all language is
>>
>tfw too stupid to pass a rigorous, proof-based honors calculus course my freshman year

should i just end it?
>>
File: Circle_radians.gif (105KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Circle_radians.gif
105KB, 450x450px
>>34739984
You're right anon. The most important part of math is understanding the meaning behind it but common core garbage just gives you a formula to forget once you pass the test. Not to mention most hs teachers are completely unqualified. "Eh she learned it herself back in '85 so she can teach it".

For example it is one thing to be told "a radian is a different type of degree uhh a rotation is 2pi cus thats how it is". its another to look at this image
>>
File: 1486544013745.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1486544013745.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>34739645
I wont deny the fact that im just cursed to be very dumb.
I tried tutors, i tried staying after school i tried math games.
Never worked, would always at best get a D+ on my tests and maybe a C- if i got lucky.
Eventually i just gave up and dropped out.
I was just meant to be a cog in the machine i guess.
Really gets my noggin neurons jolted.
>>
File: chainsaw head cut pepe.jpg (164KB, 551x491px) Image search: [Google]
chainsaw head cut pepe.jpg
164KB, 551x491px
>>34739645
>tfw mathematically retarded
Understand basic math and arithmetic, but can barely understand math at 11th grade level and beyond.
Quite good at many other things that don't involve as much math though, or that just need basic math and calculations.
>>
I have a really good head for numbers, but holy fuck math is boring. I'm good at math, but I'd rather study anything else.
>>
There is more to this world than just numbers. There is love, emotion and art and music. When was the last time you saw a math person put on an inspiring show or give hope to millions of people with a powerful message. Who was the last math genius to draw in crowds of people. No one cares about maths.
>>
>>34739984
You're half right: the worst part about math is that it's taught by mathematicians. But the most important thing to understand about math is that the symbolization, the dominance of algebraic style, is a fairly recent and incredibly terrible change. This is a big reason math has degenerated into algorithms, and it's also the reason people think computers have something to do with math and that the metric system is better.
For my part, I'm familiar with math, but most of my experience is that the symbolic formulation only leads to disappointment.
>>
File: smug-pepe2.jpg?w=640.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
smug-pepe2.jpg?w=640.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>34740736
t. emotional intelligence
>>
>>34739645
Graduated with applied math just because it was my easiest subject.

Let's be honest, math is really fucking gay, especially to talk about it. It's only fun when you have a two page problem (partials) that you finish and can prove it's correct. Even then, I'd rather be doing so many other things.

Probability is fun but it's normie math. Statistics is kind fun but not really math. No one cares about real math (minus high school calc)
>>
>>34739755
Said like a true normie. I congratulate your usage of "language """arts""""
>>
>>34740736
everything is maths faggot even your emotions have equations, u basic or what
>>
>>34741015
uniquely posting lol
>>
>>34739645
I did 4U math in high school, but my parents didn't let me do it at uni
They said I had to do medicine instead

t. not asian
>>
>>34740770
its called being a normal human being and not a soulless calculator
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.