[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a revelation that led to a shift in personality about a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: reality.jpg (62KB, 470x326px) Image search: [Google]
reality.jpg
62KB, 470x326px
I had a revelation that led to a shift in personality about a month ago, and I've been at peace ever since. Thought I might share it with you guys.

I had tapered off my meds as an experiment to see how I would do. I soon found myself in the lowest depression I've ever had, and I was suicidal. I went back on the meds and I'm back to my former mood. It got me pondering.

I came to the conclusion that the normie thinking about suicide is completely backwards. Suicide isn't for cowards. It's for people who are in such pain that they are able to overcome the innate drive for self-preservation.

There are many states of being that are worse than being dead. In fact, here is my insane conclusion. EVERY STATE OF BEING IS WORSE THAN BEING DEAD. It's just that nobody has the guts to do it themselves.

Think about it, if you don't have the guts to kill yourself, but death is better than life, then what should you do? Well, you should live a stable life until you die in a way that you can't prevent. That's "ambition". That's "the good life".

That's all it is. But it's fine. It feels better when you stop being delusional.
>>
>>34738722
>it's another edgy 16 year old has an existential crisis episode
>>
there are a few vanishingly rare lifestyles that provide an entertaining life

they all involve near total divorce from modernity
>>
>>34738771
How old are you?
What do you do for a living?
What do you know?
What have you been through?
>>
I've been through something similar very recently, went from being suicidal on and off for some months to being "at peace", I was never on meds though, many close people suggested meds but I always refused

My thinking on death itself and it's meaning wasn't that long, it was more about figuring out why I was truly hurt by some situations, it can be difficult to dig out the truth out of your own soul since in this society everyone is an "expert" on psycology and you end up really fucking confused and depressed from all the bullshit
>>
>>34738722
Permanent solution to temporary problem anon.
>>
>>34739408
Yes, and the temporary problem is called "being alive", and it always gets solved eventually.

This is the delusion: that all your problems can be solved. Life is just a series of problems. You never stop having to go through trauma to cope with new problems.

What do we really want? Death. But it's harder to get than we would like.
>>
>Many states of being are worse than being dead

No that's just Idaho anon
>>
How old are you, 14? I figured this out ages ago. In fact, its a philosophical argument based around pain and pleasure.
Absence of pain always good. Absence of pleasure is always neutral. Therefore, not existing is better than existing, as you will never experience pain.
>>
The normie attitude that suicide is for "cowards" is just a lame emotional argument to try to convince you not to kill yourself, they genuinely think they can shame you into staying alive. It's like many Christians spread the idea that suicide is a "sin" - you have to wonder, are these people actually that concerned with the wellbeing of someone considering suicide, or are they just throwing bullshit out there to avoid being the family whose son suicided.

>EVERY STATE OF BEING IS WORSE THAN BEING DEAD.

--Quote from Ecclesiastes--
Then I looked again at all the acts of oppression which were being done under the sun. And behold I saw the tears of the oppressed and that they had no one to comfort them; and on the side of their oppressors was power, but they had no one to comfort them. So I congratulated the dead who are already dead more than the living who are still living. But better off than both of them is the one who has never existed, who has never seen the evil activity that is done under the sun.
--Quote from Ecclesiastes--

But seriously, many states are terrible and you'd be better off dead... but if I'm functional and have hope, and I'm not in too much physical pain, I'm glad to be alive.
>>
File: 21-dude_t_page.jpg (63KB, 512x455px) Image search: [Google]
21-dude_t_page.jpg
63KB, 512x455px
>>34738722
>Go to school for FREE
>Get FREE college (assuming you'll put in the work to get good grades)
>Get job
>Get money

If your depression isn't solved by now you have no reason to live because you don't enjoy nice things like having money.
>>
File: plastic_nee-san.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
plastic_nee-san.gif
2MB, 480x270px
What's your problem with life? Everything is bliss and comedy when you choose not to have hallucinations of how it should be.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.