[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When someone cracks a joke and you don't find it funny,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1484059287923.gif (967KB, 500x544px) Image search: [Google]
1484059287923.gif
967KB, 500x544px
When someone cracks a joke and you don't find it funny, what should you do?

Typically, I do my trademark fake laugh to not upset them, but im getting really tired of it. I think they can see through it too and it might end up doing more damage.

I'm too beta to leave them hanging and not laugh. My self-esteem is so low that I just feel obligated to validate them, as if I owe them.

Also, why are people so unfunny
>>
>>34727698
Fuck, this hits a bit too close to home. It's not my fault I don't find your jokes funny. I used to do the fake laugh thing for a long time, but then I realised I was bad at it and it was super obvious and just making things more akward.
>>
>>34727698
>why are people so unfunny
Because they watch shit like the Office.
>>
>>34727698
heres what I do depending on the joke
>*smile* hah thats too true
>"riiiiight"
>"thats funny as fuck"
>"hilaaaaarious"
seriously this is all you have to do, don't feel bad if you don't laugh at their shitty joke. The only goal is to make it seem like the joke wasn't autistic even if it was, ease tension
>>
>>34727750
So what do you do

Orig
>>
>>34727698
>why are people so unfunny
Because normies haven't wasted months on 4chan molding their sense of humor to revolve around cuckoldry and politics.
>>
>>34727698
I joke about their joke being awkward or play along and enhance the joke
>>
>>34727698
I remember doing that.
But same as you I grew tired of it. Now I just say "haha good joke man, very funny" with a bit of a sarcastic undertone
It makes you seem like a bit of a douche, but people will understand you are hard to impress, and most wont dare to make bad jokes around you again. Some get real offended though, just laugh at them some more
>>
File: 1472393549591.png (210KB, 556x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472393549591.png
210KB, 556x720px
>>34727698
You should come up with some follow up joke that is actually funny.
I can't do something like that, so I keep on suffering validating people I hate.
>>
>>34728312
Avoid the people who tell these "jokes" often.
>>
>>34728531
Would like to avoid making things awkward desu
>>
Just say. " what a story, mark"
>>
you look them dead in the eye
and say "i want to die"
>>
>>34729757
How's your space adventures going?
>>
>>34727698
Why are you talking to people?
>>
>>34729812
bretty gud
a space rock tore off one of the ship flags though
it was a neat flag
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.