[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he thinks a weak chin is caused by genetics and not oral

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: numale.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
numale.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>he thinks a weak chin is caused by genetics and not oral posture
>he seriously thinks that there's a gene for weak chins

FUcking retards. If you have a weak chin then guess what? its YOUR fault, not your genes
>>
>>34723296
what is a good Oral posture?
>>
>>34723339
tounge on roof of the mouth and breathing through your nose, perfect neck/head posture helps with this
>>
>>34723296
Well it's too late now, I'm 20.
I've been trying to have good oral posture for about six months now but I don't see any improvements.
>>
>>34723356
so does that create positive changes in the chin structure over time?
>>
>>34723373
The force of your tounge pushing against the maxilla causes your entire face to grow forward, as it should.

It takes a while though, especially if you're an adult.
>>
File: pat-tillman-197041-2-402.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pat-tillman-197041-2-402.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
Yeah, this is totally not attributable to genetics.
>>
lol, what a bullshit is op spewing.

Atleast come with your sources if you're going to talk nonsense
>>
>>34723405
>>34723405
>>34723417
Of course some people just have good face genetics, what I'm saying is that chinletism is not a genetic trait.

Every human being is meant to have a normal chin.
>>
>>34723430
gib sources, you're as bad as the ffeminazis who spew nonsense without backup
>>
>>34723430
why do you keep saying things that are wrong lol
thread hidden
>>
>>34723296
Actually, it's my parent's fault.
>>
>>34723296
This seems intersting to me and I found this first site after I googled it.
Should I follow the steps from the page?
>>
>>34723467
http://maxmylooks.com/good-oral-posture-and-why-it-matters/

Here is the page as well if anyone is too lazy to google it themselves.
>>
>>34723458
>>34723444
OK well how come humans thousands of years ago had perfect jaws and teeth?

They ate hard, nutritious foods and practised proper oral posture.

JAw and teeth problems in humans are caused by our modern diet of processed foods and improper oral posture

just look up mike mew if youre interested
>>
>>34723494
still no sources man. give me link or name of some artikel made by actual researchers and not your own opinions you try to pass off as facts
>>
>>34723494
>>34723444
Here's an example, look at stephen hawking.

Before he became a vegetable he looked normal, but now his face looks like its melted

Why? because he cant practise proper oral posture, the bones in his face started gorwing downwards rather than forwards.

You see this kind of thing in stroke victims who aren't able to move parts of their faces.

The pressure of your facial muscles contracting has effects on the growth of facial bone structure.
>>
>>34723508
>>34723487 <--- Here
>>
>>34723545
>http://maxmylooks.com/good-oral-posture-and-why-it-matters/

no references in the article, no names of researches. makes assumptions, seems like a very good source
>>
>>34723616
>Im just going to ignore your argument completely rather than actually try to debunk it

source fags are so fucking retarded
>>
>>34723296
>>34723400
t. dr. mike mew

the maxilla is most flexible when you're very little, so if you're a mouth breather at age 12 you're pretty much fucked for life
>>
>>34723616
All the articles found on google say the exact same things.
Why don't you look after them yourself and find out?
>>
>>34723296
Although your habits can influence some facial features, it's not very much.
>>
File: 1486451603110.jpg (192KB, 790x700px) Image search: [Google]
1486451603110.jpg
192KB, 790x700px
>>34723752
>mfw i reached a point where I would do anything to get 1% better looks
>>
Jimmy Nu-tron doesn't even have a weak chin though, at least if memory serves me right
>>
>>34723676
because google is a pretty shitty search engine when you want good scientific articles. the article you linked referend to a reasearch of apes who breathed through their mouth. the article should've referred to that research. it's actually plagiarism if they don't. so I doubt there's been done actual research into it, or the article you linked to is just some bullshit.

I can google shit about what the feminazis say and get psuedo science articles that prove them right.
>>
>>34723296
Just world fallacy is being displayed very originally
>>
File: 1468236248906.jpg (11KB, 354x352px) Image search: [Google]
1468236248906.jpg
11KB, 354x352px
>>34723296
Where on the roof of my mouth should I hold my tongue? At the front, at the back or the middle?
>>
>>34723987
As backwards as possible.
Don't force yourself too much too soon, you will find it harded to mantain later on.
>>
>>34723987
All of it fampai
>>
>>34723296
I don't have a recessed chin, will this be beneficial to me in anyway?
>>
File: 1484996898178.jpg (28KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1484996898178.jpg
28KB, 500x281px
>>34723296
What about height then? Can proper posture make you grow taller? Genes determine everything about you, you dolt, of course there's a gene for weak chins.
>>
>>34723296
i am doing this since the thread started and i already have a headache
>>
>>34724130
>being this defeatist

boy, you must be quite the uggo.
Yes, posture definitely can be a cofacter in determining height.

easiest example for your 'genetically-inferior' mind to digest?
Spend 10 years of your life sitting with poor posture in your chair. Develop scoliosis. Height stunted. No profit.
Or
Spend 10 years of your life standing and walking around. Healthy posture, height maximized.
>>
>>34723296
So the hapsburgs family must have never breathed out of their mouths thats why they had such large chins right? Do you know what pectus evactum is? Why do some people have wise or narrow shoulders or proportionally long or short limbs and why do some people have sloped foreheads versus vertical foreheads? Genetics. Your skeletal system's size and proportions are largely decided by genetics and your chin/jaw are no exception. So long as you aren't severely malnourished growing up and you don't bind yourself or hang weights from yourself for months at a time during your developmental years you can't change your genetically determined skeletal structure for the most part. Im tired of this mouth breather weak chin meme, it's blatantly false.
>>
>>34723296
Weak chin prevents correct teeth development (overbite), not the opposite
>>
>>34724130
do you believe that average human height over the past few centuries has changed mostly due to natural/sexual selection?

well, you're wrong :)
>>
>>34724971
And before you say "but you can give yourself scoliosis", scoliosis is when your spine gets bent out of shape, not when it's abnormally small, which is the problem most people with weak chins have. A weak chin may be exasterbated by being mishappen or angled weirdly, but ultimately what causes unsightly weak chins is a disproportionally small mandible regardless of shape. I've seen plenty of people whose chins grow more downwards then outwards, but these people look relatively normal still, so long as they have a normal sized mandible. Just look at thin people with weak chins. You can see the bone is plainly smaller than someone who has a similiar build sans the weak chin.
>>
>>34724971
Also if you look at pictures of people back in the day when they were less well fed and shorter, you'll notice that they don't have a propensity for weak chins at a higher rate than people do today. When I say your skeletal system is very much genetically determined I refer to the proportions to which your skelington grows, not the absolute size.
>>
>>34724971
>mfw you're like a decade late in simplifying everything to some godlike force in genetics

it's hardly uncommon that people have variable size chins within families. i wouldn't say that mouthbreathing is proven to cause this specific problem, but clearly it follows lifestyle and not a natural distribution. unless you are a humongous faggot going beyond the realm of insanity and believe that the exact same genes for weak chin are also what determine our interests and motivations in life.

the study of genetics is the study of what gets expressed at what time. i'll give you general proportions and the chance that you're fucked up by a disorder, but L I T E R A L L Y everything that you develop over time has to respond to stress signals.

btw weak chin is nothing to be ashamed of.
>>
>>34725168
Of course people have variable chin sizes within families. People have variable heights, proportions, hair color, eye sight, foot size, etc. It's about the averages and Ive never seen a study about chin size among families so Ive gotta go off anecdotal information, but going off that it definetely confirms it for me. As in when the parents have strong chins I notice their children are more likely to have strong chins than if their parents had weak chins.
>>
>>34725168
And also as I mentioned before with pectus evactum, you can have a physiological trait precipitated by your genetics that was not neccesarily presnt in you parents. Tall parents can have short kids, healthy parents can have a kid with a club foot, etc. any given trait does not have to be expressed in both the parents and the offspring to be considered a genetically determined trait. I know you probabyl realise this because its largely implicit but I want all the memers in this thread to understand.
>>
File: chin-implants-scotland-.jpg (149KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
chin-implants-scotland-.jpg
149KB, 1000x666px
>>34723296
Mike Mew is a scam. Proper oral posture is key in your developmental years but hoping to improve anything past your teenage years is delusional. Just get a chin implant.
>>
>>34726901
Althouth I'm skeptic about Mew, your face structure may still be changing in the early 20s
>>
>>34723296

it is retarded
>>
>>34723296
This is bullshit, chins and jaws are all about genetics, of course poor oral posture doesn't help that much but it will not make you have a chad jaw either

I've had bad oral posture my entire fucking life and just last year after I finished school I realized what good oral posture is, but I always had a good jawline and a good chin and my family has good jaws and chins

Still, this doesn't make one a chad at all, I'm still ugly
>>
>>34723296
Yeah I guess bone structure totally isn't genetic.
>sarcasm
>>
>have two ugly parents
>born ugly
>makes sense

oh but wait wait wait guys lol it's actually cause you weren't keeping your tongue in the right place!
>>
File: _20170208_134420.jpg (27KB, 641x298px) Image search: [Google]
_20170208_134420.jpg
27KB, 641x298px
I agree to an extent. Me at 18
>>
File: _20170208_134820.jpg (149KB, 1458x862px) Image search: [Google]
_20170208_134820.jpg
149KB, 1458x862px
>>34728512
Me at 20

Oregano gano
>>
>parents spend thousands on dental orthopedics so I didn't have a weak chin and my jaw was fucked up and tiny
>have autism and don't put my okay looks into use
What is the point if anythingn
>>
>>34728527
>>34728512
what miniscule difference there is can be atributed to the angle of the pics and bodyfat/ muscle tissue.

>20.

You're barely out of puberty.
>>
>>34728771
You're wrong I looked up an article on lookism and changed my posture.
>>
What a terrible thread. The level of specious facts is on a particular with /pol/ threads
>>
>>34723296
I know this is a troll thread but for anyone whose getting fooled by this, the shape of your jaw and chin are determined by your mandible. There's no exerciser or anything you can do you change it.

>>34728527
It's called puberty
>>
>>34728877

Looking at your picture from when you were 18, it looks like you were a late bloomer since you have not a single hair on your face, so I feel safe to say that the pic was taken somewhere after the peak of your growth spurts (16-17.)

assumptions aside.

you're comparing a pic of yourself at 18 (puberty) to a pic of yourself at 20 (out of puberty). Do realise that your face will change a fair amount in that age range from 18 to 23-24 untill your bones finaly settle. Plus a amount of muscle tissue.

Theres a reason trans people want to get a sex change op before the age of 20 because that's when you start to loose the feminine features of your face that gives you your "boyish" looks and your chin and jawline does become slightly bigger.

Add to that, when people become self aware of their chin they tend to start jutting.
>>
>>34728953
But the angle that the bone sticks out is in part determined by posture. Sure you won't look like Chad but you can normalzie it to some degree of your posture is not yet perfect.
>>
>>34723430
Explain elephant man then you fuck

Some people are just ugly
>>
File: LOLATYOURLIFE_zpsfdd86388.png (189KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
LOLATYOURLIFE_zpsfdd86388.png
189KB, 450x472px
>>34723296
>>34723356
>>34723400
>jawlet fell for the mewing meme
Your chin will always be a putrid nub unless you get surgery, loser
>>
>>34729093
Sure, you can contort your tongue and mouth is different ways but it's not going to make a notable difference for anyone actually looking at you.
>>
>>34729441
>>34728512
>>34728527
Idk I'd say that's fairly noticeable.
>>
>>34726901
>chin implant
All he did was grow a beard, cut his hair and put makeup on.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.