[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /borderlinealcoholic/? >only drink after stressful

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Object-16-2.jpg (87KB, 411x318px) Image search: [Google]
Object-16-2.jpg
87KB, 411x318px
Who here /borderlinealcoholic/?

>only drink after stressful days at work
>every day at work is stressful
>usually stick to 2 glasses of whiskey
>on days where I don't have to be awake too early can kill half a liter over the night
>know I can stop, don't feel the urge to drink when the day wasn't complete shit

Also the fact that I'm native american, and both my parents abused alcohol in their lives doesn't help. Anyone else feel they're dangerously close to being called an alcoholic, and are just making excuses for themselves?
>>
iktf anon. i went from having maybe 6-12 drinks a week in the form of beer, but for some months i've been up to 60-100 and have also started buying cheap well-whiskey because a handle of 80 proof for $14 goes a lot farther than a craft 6-pack for $10

i tend to alternate every night between alcohol and sleep medication in general. i don't get withdrawals from going with alcohol for a few days at a time, but it seems to make things so much better, as long as i don't get shitfaced. i used to smoke weed a lot more often, but it's been making the anxiety worse and also making me incredibly complacent as of late. in general the fun with it is mostly gone. booze keeps seeming better and better though
>>
Since I started riralins I haven't thought about drinking at all, maybe try that
>>
>eye sex
You better drop the ex link my negro
>>
File: Jesus_Deer.jpg (10KB, 236x277px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus_Deer.jpg
10KB, 236x277px
>German, Irish and Scottish
>Only drink Jager
>Finish 2/3rds of the bottle every night.
>Wake up dehydrated as fuck.
Been doing this for about a year or so. I don't know what to think of it and honestly I dont much care. It's just fun. Nothing about depression or whatever.

It's not fun when you realize you made an online purchase. Almost bought a electric violin on Amazon one time. Idk why. Don't even play any instruments.

>Currently taking shots.
>>
>>34720055
I've drank a bottle o' wine tonight, alcohol's a good time, no need to resent it (til you start getting the shakes)
>>
File: hazardvest.jpg (102KB, 454x681px) Image search: [Google]
hazardvest.jpg
102KB, 454x681px
I'd probably drink a lot more if I could afford it. But I can't. Pity, that.

Drinking at home doesn't do it for me as much as going to the pub, though. When I have money, I'm constantly going out, usually by myself. I used to in college and had an easy time meeting people, so I'm comfortable by myself in a bar, but I don't meet people anymore. I just sit around and drink. But it's comfy, and it means I won't be at home where I'll just be constantly reminded of things that make me angry.
>>
>>34720133
Started out with me buying a six pack a week after a particularly hard night, but like you i learned that a bottle of some strong liquor is better than a pack of beers (lighter on the carbs and calories too) I've yet to feel any real withdrawl symptoms but then again even on nights where I don't "drink" I at least take a shot of whiskey or drink a wine cooler for effect.

>>34720148
You mean ritalin?

>>34720151
No eye sex, just zombie facials and some quality breast sucking, don't have the ex link (can't get past sad panda on android) but here's a tsumino link

http://www.tsumino.com/Book/Info/21352/1/zombie-ero-manga

>>34720195
>jagger

You just reminded me what my first favorite liquor was, and what I'm gonna be drinking for the next couple of days. I wouldn't say I feel depressed, but I just feel a little embarrassed when I have to tell people how much I actually drink, but so far I've never blacked out, and the only thing that's happened to me similar is when I sent a snap chat to every girl I know asking them out to some restaurant I don't remember (3 replied positively)

>currently sipping some cheap brandy
>>
>>34720340
Yes, Ritalin
>>
>>34720252
I feel you, I've felt the urge to go out to a bar and just chill. My city has a decent bar scene, but the transportation is terrible. And I don't want to have to sleep in my car in a parking lot or something. Even taxi service is shitty, and we don't have uber yet. But if I could I would probably be in a different bar every night. I only have to pay about 300 a month in living expenses, and I make around 400 a week so I can afford to blow my cash on alcohol.
>>
>>34720357
I've actually thought about taking ritalin, or adderal, or some other type of drug that's supposed to help you concentrate. I have a pretty big university in my city so it should be easy to get. What's it like?
>>
>>34720422
Its great, if you have ADHD. If you dont, they'll feel great for the first week, but after that they'll start to become detrimental to your baseline concentration and attention, aka they aren't a fix for laziness.

I recommend long acting Ritalin (concerta) over amphetamines like adderal. I've tried every ADHD medication out there and after a year of experimentation I went back to concerta. Everyone's different, but I have a pretty good understanding of the pharmacology and neurology of these drugs and I'd highly recommend starting with Ritalin and switch to amphetamines if Ritalin doesn't work.
>>
>>34720340

Jager-Fag here

I can understand the embarrassment. I'm usually truthful about it and try to spin it into a joke or something light.

Black outs can be fucking weird. lol
Especially if you're not experienced with them.

>Be me
>Drunk as fuck and hungry
>Make mashed taters
>Grabbing gay 'add water' mashed tater box
----Black out----
>Wake up in bed
>Check phone like I normally do
>Text from GF (at the time)
>"Are you awake are you okay???"
Well yeah dumb fuck. What's the deal? you never check up on me before.
>Turns out I blacked out at the dining room table.
>left the back door open and the car trunk up with a case of water bottles in the middle of the yard (I was trying to refill the fridge with water bottles)
>found me face down in a plate of budget mashed potatoes.
>She thought I had a heat stroke.

I wasn't but thanks for not calling an ambulance anyways in case I was having a heat stroke.

Anyways, blackouts are pretty awkward. lol
>>
>>34720612
I just remembered I actully did black out twice while going to some college parties, both happened at Dennys.

1st time
>friend is on leave from the Marines
>buy 2 big jugs of cheap ass vodka
>me and his brother both try to out drink each other
>other friend wants to go to Dennys
>"alright"
>sit down in his jeep
-Blackout-
>wake up on my couch
>pile of Dennys take out trays on coffee table
> puke stains on the bathroom floor
>friend showed me a video of me sleeping in the bath tub

2nd time
>chilling in friends dorm
>pre gaming for some frat parties
>drink almost half a bottle of vodka myself
>walking around campus
>someone gives me a twisted tea
>couldn't get into any parties
>decide to go to Dennys to end the night
>get food
>go to bathroom to puke
-blackout-
>found out that I paid for the entire tables meals (around 100 dollars)
>tried to fight one of my best friends

I've been really careful about how much I drink since then.
>>
I've been drinking, bare minimum, 6 drinks a night for years now. And you think 2 drinks of whiskey is too much? I'm afraid to even buy whiskey (even though I do, pretty constantly) because I have a bad habit of drinking the entire bottle if it's in front of me.

You're fine, OP. I have to be up for work in 8 hours but this drink is for you.

>both my parents abused alcohol in their lives
My father was a heavy alcoholic (as in, he'd drink at least a 30 pack a day of 5% beer) and my mother was a bartender. Again, OP, you're fine. Also, you're not alone.
>>
>>34720055
you're not just borderline if you do this every day
>>
>>34720055
I drink basically every other weekend so maybe not as often as some people, but I go hard. Drink until at least the pain of crippling loneliness goes away.
>>
>>34720752
Th-thanks :'^) familia
>>
>>34720990
>crippling loneliness
I know this feel all too well. It's been years since I've had a close meaningful relationship with a woman. But I feel that if I can just lay my head in a girls lap and vent all my problems I wouldn't need to drink so much.
>>
That's not borderline, that's alcoholic.

Also
>can stop whenever I want
Jej
>>
>>34721053
Except i can stop, I've done it a couple of times just to prove this exact point. It's just easier and more fun when I can drink
>>
I'd probably be an alcoholic of I was old enough to buy some.

Maybe not though because I have to mix something in to mask the taste
>>
>>34721034
I'm a canadafag so I can legally buy alcohol at 18. Probably worse off because the rest of my friends are in university or college and I'm at a standstill in my life right now, which makes me want to drink even more.
>>
>>34721206
Don't feel to bad, college is a scam. Wherever they're learning you could learn through Google and with enough practice.
>>
>>34721400
Yeah it's not so much that I think they're going farther in life than I am, because once the economy picks back up I'll be making more money than any of them if if I get a welding job (First year apprentice in Alberta). It's just that everybody's always out doing something and I never have anything better to do than hunt for jobs and browse 4chan.
>>
>>34721166
Nonsense, the calming and brain fogging allure of alcohol is welcome to all ages, no matter what you drink. Just find a Bodega run by some Arabs, grab 2 four lokos and if they ask for id say you forgot it (they won't turn down the business for nothing(especially if you buy them after 12))
>>
>tfw drinking two handles of hard liquor a week, plus various wines and beers
at this point, I'm not borderline, just full on alchie. this is somewhat deliberate though, a decade or two of self destruction is better than letting my shitty life continue till I'm too old to even wipe my own ass
>>
>>34721645
Exactly, would I rather work myself into a stress related suicide for 5 years, or take my chances with liver damage but enjoying very god damned moment? I'll take the liver damage.
>>
Speaking of drinking I'm about 2/3rds the way through a bottle brandy and I don't have to be to work til 5pm, should I keep going?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.