[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>STEM degree from 40k/year university >Live as a NEET in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: 1486118121962.jpg (53KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486118121962.jpg
53KB, 639x960px
>STEM degree from 40k/year university
>Live as a NEET in poverty because could never find a job after college

anyone else know this feel?
>>
>being a worthless piece of shit who manages to fuck up in life with a decent STEM degree
nah
>>
>>34715427
>that image
The job posting for a driving job requires an engineering degree? That's quite the oversight from whoever made that image.
>>
>>34715892

If you read the entire image you'd see the picture was made in jest
>>
I have a stem degree and I am completely social retarded and mentally ill. I still have a job that pays 40k a year. I also live in an area with no jobs. Try looking for just administrative or business related jobs. They are less selective than computer/engineering related jobs. I am a complete and total wagecuck but that is better than being forever screwed by loans.
>>
>>34715427
>he didn't go to grad school
>thinks he can find a job related to his field
I thought us STEM majors were supposed to be smart.
>>
>>34715427
>tfw accounting degree from shit tier uni
>making 75k 3 years later
>getting my own house soon

Nope, dont know that feel because I didn't fall for the STEM meme like a retard.
>>
>>34716858
W-wait... I was led to believe that I'd get 100k job with my undergrad engineering degree. Did I get fucking memed on?!
>>
>>34715427
you won't get the perfect job writing in the hip new language for 100k right out of school

I got a job because I spent 2 months doing literally nothing else except interviewing for jobs before I took a job in bank programming in a city
you make 50-60k per year with no real expectations but you also have to fix 20-30 year old busted code that they barely keep running
>>
>>34716916
you do realize that accounting is a STEM field right?
it's math, your entire job as a CPA is calculating shit all day lmao
>>
>>34717314
That's some Office Space shit right there. Is it insanely boring?
>>
>>34717329
Was just going to point this out. What a retard.
>>
>>34717329
Lmao didn't know what the m stands for baka
>>
>>34716918
Didn't even finish my undergrad, got a job for 100k a year. The trick is to specialize early.
>>
File: borntoslack.jpg (89KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
borntoslack.jpg
89KB, 960x960px
>>34715427
>Get meme degree in Philosophy on scholarship
>go to graduate school for it, get PhD with little debt
>make a meager salary as lecturer at small uni, live a relatively ascetic lifestyle, so can survive/ be comfy with little accommodation, content with life

Should have fell for the humanities meme, OP
>>
File: 0352 - bWPveXS.jpg (177KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
0352 - bWPveXS.jpg
177KB, 500x598px
>Used to be skinny because I'm too self conscious to eat around other people.
>Got fat after becoming a NEET because no one's around to watch me eat whatever and whenever I want
>>
>>34717753
Wrong fucking thread. Whoops.
>>
>>34717329
Hardly. Its nowhere near the same difficulty
>>
>>34717468
Do you live in Europe and did the government pay for your education?

If the answer is no, what's your secret?
>>
>>34716918
Copanies in Seattle, NYC, Bay area will pay 100k+ for new grads pretty easy. Just gotta relocate.
>>
>>34715427

How can you not find a stable job with a STEM degree? I majored in mechanical engineering and I'm on my 3rd stable job in 3 years :^)
>>
>>34717842
This is a meme. Most of that money will go to taxes, rent and getting fucked by a massive penis known as the cost of living index.
>>
>>34715427
same, BSEE
i think im ready to die. seriously, i just cannot envision a future with me in it anymore
>>
>>34715427
literally dropped out of college after 2 years and got a job as a software developer making 60k a year.
>>
>>34718110
>3 jobs
>3 years
>stable

i hope this is some kind of joke
>>
>>34718207

>Internship over the summer. The company I interned with couldn't hire me
>Work for a power company for 6 months as basically a bureaucrat that is good at math
>Quit that job to work in oil and gas because it turns out it's really hard to say no to 6 digit numbers when you're 20-something
>Laid off after a year
>Now I draw air conditioning ducts for a living. I think this one will work out.
>>
>>34717333
It's really fucking boring but it pays the bills and in a year or two of working this Job I'll have enough experience and references to go take another job I like better
>>
>>34717842
Cost of living
I pay 900 a month for a studio in Chicago
Bay area pays a shitload sure but you also spend 1.5k every month on a tiny apartment and 200 dollars a week on groceries
>>
>>34718321
>Laid off after a year
How did you fuck it up?
>>
How likely am I to get caught if I fudge my dates of employment on my resume? I think it's the only way I can get a company to be interested in me at this point.
>>
>>34718474
apparently your head has been up your ass for the last 2-3 years as you didn't notice the US oil industry go to shit.
>>
>>34718474
Not him, but oil and gas industry suffered past couple of years. He probably didn't fuck up, there were tons of layoffs up here in Alberta.
>>
>>34715427
>40k/year
This is bait, right?
>>
>>34718732
Your wording made it sound like you fucked up and were canned.

>>34718760
>alberta
kys
>>
I don't understand this. What exactly did you do to try to find a job? What went wrong? How did this happen to you?
>>
>>34718600
No way to know for sure, some companies will perform background checks that will find you out immediately, others may not catch it, especially if you actually have the degree and associated skills.

I still wouldn't recommend it though. You don't need that hanging over your head for the rest of your career. You don't want to find yourself successful one day but knowing at the back of your mind that you could find yourself badly humiliated if something like that came to light. Better to just bite the bullet and decide how you're going to convincingly explain why you went without working and why it won't be a liability. It will make finding a job harder but by no means impossible.
>>
>been NEET for three years since good STEM degree
>finally manage to get an interview
>manage not to sperg out, and to act normie during it, the interviewers seem to act really positive and shit
>been two weeks and haven't heard anything
guess i have to stay neet in this fucked up economic system
>>
This thread is making me fear for my future
>>
I have a Stem degree and only make 50k/yr. I have a biochemistry degree. I wanted to be a teacher but have anxiety and freeze up when I talk to people. Luckily, I just work in a lab with usually 1 other person and keep to myself the entire day.
>>
>>34719030
"Only" $50,000 a year? How much did you expect to make? You're a single person making almost as much as the average family. Presumably you're pretty young as well. Sounds like things worked out as promised for you.
>>
File: 675465523523.png (443KB, 795x781px) Image search: [Google]
675465523523.png
443KB, 795x781px
>>34715427
>Mom and dad kill each other
>Left with a 6yo brother at 19yo with a botched medical career.
>Have to work in a factory for 50 dollars a week
>Have serious trauma and cant stand conflict,discussion and physical contact at all, literally start shaking.
>Everyday think of a new way to kill myself, only thing stopping me is little brother.
>Never experienced teen love or campus life.

At least i am climbing the wagecuck ladder, my boss likes that i am dedicated to my job and silent.
>>
>>34719030
what do you actually do in a lab job like that?
>>
File: Reaction Image.jpg (31KB, 500x520px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction Image.jpg
31KB, 500x520px
>>34715427
This is literally me right now. What's your degree in? Math B.S. here my friend.
>>
>>34717329
As a math major I could not be more insulted by this. Kill yourself please.
>>
File: 1481149560689s.jpg (23KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1481149560689s.jpg
23KB, 320x320px
>falling for the college scam

idiot. nearly every single college field is over-inflated as fucked. Did you know all student loans are government insured? Thats why the average idiot is accepted in the first place

Dropped out from my state uni after one semester, no debt thank god
>>
>>34719121
Test shit all day pretty much. It's really easy, I just follow procedures the company has for everything basically. It's really repetitive, but there's not much pressure to get things done quickly. The only real lab stuff I use that I did in college was gel electrophoresis, HPLC and uv vis spec and even then I'll do those once a week or less.
>>
>>34718389
I live in San Francisco. The rent thing is accurate, but the price of groceries and other expenses, while higher, isn't nearly that high. You won't live in San Francisco unless you make a lot, but the wage premium here is certainly enough for most people with good jobs to live nicely in Oakland.

More important than the bay area wage premium though is the liveliness of our job market. The opportunities to hop companies and advance is the real reason to take a risk and see if you can make it here.
>>
>tfw escaped the college meme just in time and ended up with a decent job
I feel bad for recent grads
>>
>>34719381
>I just follow procedures the company has for everything basically
can you give me an example?
is it a large or small company?
>>
>>34719574
Small company. I've worked for a large company before and it's pretty much the same thing.
The procedure goes through everything you need to do step by step. It's like following a recipe. Procedures are kind of written like how they would be in a lab manual I guess. It's wordier than it needs to be, but its not complicated.
>>
It's really funny to me that NEETs make these threads to try and make the educated feel bad. I'm 25 and make $75k + benefits and staying at my job past 5:30 makes me an overachiever, plus I actually really like my field. Shit is like living on easy street
>>
CS grad here. I turned down a programming job to work sanitation in a poultry plant. I hate computers now.
>>
>>34719710
a specific example? like something you did this month?
also if it's just following simple instructions why do you even need training, or even an actual person to do it?
>>
If you don't make 6 figures you don't belong on /r9k/. Fucking poorfags.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 205x246px
>>34715427
>no job
Why am I such a worthless NEET? All I do is sit in my room all day. Life is fucking pointless. I should just kill myself...

>get job
Why am I such a worthless wagecuck? All I do is work all day. Life is fucking pointless. I should just kill myself...

It never gets better OP. You know what to do.
>>
>tfw working in forensic for law enforcement
>Tfw like my job and my colleagues
>>
>>34719080
>>Mom and dad kill each other
Story time
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.