[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/22/ health/us-suicide-rate-s

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: suicidefeel.png (47KB, 454x387px) Image search: [Google]
suicidefeel.png
47KB, 454x387px
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/22/health/us-suicide-rate-surges-to-a-30-year-high.html?_r=0

According to this, U.S. suicide rates have risen to a 30-year high. What do you think is happening?
>>
>>34713825
>suicide rates have risen
>What do you think is happening?

I guess more people are killing themselves.
>>
13 per 100,000 people seems really low to me. I'd expect it to be at least 100 or 1000 per 100,000.
>>
File: 1481549214798.png (65KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1481549214798.png
65KB, 500x382px
People are waking up to the fact that life and capitalism are shit.
>>
The shaky and uncertain times, coupled with the dread and anxiety that constant information and a superficial popular culture have created, has resulted in the more sensitive or unlucky shuffling the mortal coil.

It's a good choice, honestly. Life is only going to get increasingly worse.
>>
>>34713876

What's the autism rate? Could be on par with the suicide rate
>>
>>34713910
Autist dont have the mental capacity for suicide or are you talking about meme autism?
>>
File: images.jpg (2KB, 152x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 152x90px
I hope it's progressive shitlibs killing themselves because they're evil is being thwarted by president daddy.
>>
>>34713955
>their
this invalidates the opinion
>>
>>34713825
these type of suicide waves it's almost always linked to the economy either directly or somewhat indirectly
>>
File: 1458261661769.jpg (1MB, 2200x3111px) Image search: [Google]
1458261661769.jpg
1MB, 2200x3111px
>>34713825
our society is spiritually dead and at this point we're all just waiting for it to collapse and die
there is some underlying consciousness in a nation and right now it's shattered broken into bits
everybody knows on some unconscious level that something is very wrong with this picture, we are richer and more comfortable than ever before in history and yet there is a grand dysfunction
that's why drug addiction rates are up, suicide rates are up, that's why millions upon millions of people spend their time doing whatever it takes to escape the bare reality that we are fucked and nobody is going to save us
the institution of marriage is all but destroyed, our glitzy materialistic culture is superficial, our families are broken, our sense of identity is broken, we live only for petty material things, we have cast God along the wayside, and these things are only part of the picture.
the only glimmer of hope we have is that someday out of the intense pain and turmoil that lies ahead of us something better will rise out of the ashes
but even that's unlikely, history has a way of repeating itself again, and again, and again
>>
>>34713825
>What do you think is happening?

Too many cops oppressing the black men, they kill themselves in waves. Thank you Obama.

> Inb4
> Look it up, suicide for blacks is going on way faster than for whites
>>
>>34714247

>The right wing scares itself again
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.