[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo /r9k/ I turned 21 last week and want to get drunk, I've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (14KB, 353x143px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 353x143px
Yo /r9k/
I turned 21 last week and want to get drunk, I've never had alcohol before at all. I can't go to the state owned liquor monopoly because I don't have an in-state ID.
So, I'm left with no choice but to buy some beer or wine at the grocery store. What will get me drunk quickly without being total garbage taste wise? I was thinking Sam Adams but again, I really don't know
>>
>>34713239

Rootbeer is good
>>
If your grocery store sells UV Blue or UV lemonade vodka, cop that. It's bitch liquor but it taste good and you'll be drunk quickly since it's so easy to down
>>
>>34713268
This is a good starter drink.

Get something like Not Your Father's Root Beer -- barely even taste the alcohol. The ABV isn't very high, but since you're a new drinker, just a couple should get you feeling nice.
>>
>>34713239
what state do you live in? Depending on your location you should try some local brews
>>
File: Dusty Boobs Hard RootBeer.jpg (108KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Dusty Boobs Hard RootBeer.jpg
108KB, 960x1280px
>>34713239
All beer is pretty much crap unless you actually like beer. Wine is the same. But not all beer is complete shit, I like Rolling Rock it's an ok pale ale
budlight is shit, Budweiser is alright, stay away from light beer.
>>34713268
I do like hard rootbeer but it's rare to find any good ones that don't taste like cheap beer and rootbeer schnapps mixed together >pic-related is good hard root beer.
>>
>>34713239
If it's like here I assume your grocery store only carries common/popular shit, in which case personal recommendation for actual beer I'd go blue moon or sapporo. Alternatively if you find you don't like beer it took me a long time to get used to the taste of malt/hops to where it didn't make me gag go for some sort of alcopop like hard lemonade, root beer or if you're feeling gutsy some steel reserve pineapple or punch (careful on steel reserve though as a new drinker it'll fuck you up fast).
>>
What shitty state do you live in where you can't buy liquor with an out-of-state ID?
>>
>>34713452
Oh also I forgot to mention cider, cider is fucking great, and angry orchard is available pretty much everywhere now
>>
Hard Rootbeers are a shitty meme, and you will find that the flavors flirt very close to rootbeer, but are ever so slightly off, which makes them seem tainted and disgusting.

I'd recommend hitting the BMC trifecta: Budweiser, Miller, and Coors. You may or may not like it. Give each a few beers to determine. That provides your baseline for where you'll eventually fall back to when you're cash-strapped.

Then, I'd maybe sample a variety of different craft beer styles.

Or, if you're looking to get drunk, go full patrician and buy a bottle of Old Crow, and drink it over ice. We call it "the alcoholic's best kept secret" for a reason. It goes down very smooth (Yes, I know, due to lack of strong identifiable flavors, which is why scotch costs more), and is incredibly cheap.
>>
I don't think you should even think about getting drunk if you don't know how alcohol will affect you and have never even had one drink.

You could end up hurting yourself somehow.

Consider just getting a regular beer and drinking ONE.

Sam Adams is actually a very good choice, but in your case I would be more likely to suggest Sam Adams Light.

Drink ONE and see how you feel. If you feel pretty good, you can have one more.

Don't be an idiot who just turns 21 and then starts drinking till they spew everywhere and end up getting injured somehow.

Heed me words.
>>
>>34713513

Budweiser and Coors are very expensive for what they are, unless you're getting them on sale. Miller High Life is at least reasonably-priced.

You can get great craft beers like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for just a tiny bit more than Budweiser (again, unless you're getting it on sale).
>>
>>34713563
Fuck off, Michael. Unless OP is an 80 pound girl, one drink is hardly going to even be noticeable. Having one drink is going to make him think "Well this is gay and makes no sense. Is everybody just acting drunk?". Minimum 4 to start getting a good buzz OP. Make sure you're comfy and don't have to drive.
>>
>>34713602
My local grocery store always has Budweiser on sale. Granted, I live *in* St Louis, so that could impact it. My go-to cheap beer actually isn't BMC's. It's Stag, which is local to my region. Was native to our area, then eventually bought out by Pabst. It's like 2/3rds the price of Bud.
>>
>>34713602
I'd also be hard pressed to *ever* find Sierra Nevada at the same price as the cheap swills. Unless OP is a fucking idiot who ends up buying sixers of Budweiser, instead of springing for a 30 rack. Beer in bulk will make retarded savings on your drinking, even if you're a weekend warrior. The per oz cost of a 30 rack is probably like 150-175% that of a sixer.
>>
>>34713680
Sorry, the per oz cost of a sixer is probably like 150-175% that of a 30 rack.

I haven't even been drinking tonight!
>>
>>34713680
>Unless OP is a fucking idiot who ends up buying sixers of Budweiser, instead of springing for a 30 rack
He's never drank before he'd be a dumbass to go for anything over a sixer before he even knows if he likes alcohol or not, buying a 30 pack of something then just letting it sit would be dumb as hell
>>
>>34713239
Angry Orchard, Reds, Strongbow, Not Your Dad's, Smirnoff Ice and the like are pretty much alcoholic sodas. You could always get some Stella Rosa, White Zin, Port or sweeter dessert wines. Beer is an acquired taste and the bitterness will be really off putting if you already don't enjoy things like unsweetened teas or coffee. Hard liquor is where things kind of get tricky. You can't go wrong with some cranberry and vodka, rum and cokes, or any liquor with cola for that matter. I personally am not a huge fan of liquor but I can suck down a bottle of Disaranno like nothing because of how tasty it is
>>
Bootlegger isn't TERRIBLE if you can find it. The grape tastes a little like grape soda.

However, since IPA beer is the new wine for men, there are a few high ABV tasty ones out there. Experiment a little at first.
If you can find a build your own 6 pack at a grocery store there, it'll be worth trying out a few ones.
That's about as much as you can do.
Try and stay away from the light beer and especially stay away from genessee if you guys have it there.

My personal favorite is sapporo, which is an imported Japanese beer. A little pricy, and most likely shit tier beer to a ton of people.
>>
>>34713239
Beer is the best option for this. I actually tried to get drunk with some liquors, and cheap beer is the best.
>drinkable, doesn't taste like battery acid to the non-drinker
>nice, slow buzz
>no headache
As long as you have a toilet you're golden
t. lightweight
>>
File: ipa.png (2MB, 1800x508px) Image search: [Google]
ipa.png
2MB, 1800x508px
IPA is good anon.. try one and you can thank me later
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.