[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make friends? I've come to realize that I don't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1485890465619.jpg (1012KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1485890465619.jpg
1012KB, 1600x1600px
How do you make friends?

I've come to realize that I don't actually have any friends anymore.

I consider a friend someone you can confide things too and not feel like nervous around, and who genuinely want to hangout with you.

I realize that I only hangout around my roommates and go places with them out of coincidence, no of them actually ever want to hangout with me.

I know some of the problems I have right now keeping me from getting friends.

>Cynical sense of humor
>Argumentative about politics (talked a lot about it last semester, stopped completely now)
>Tendency to come off rude or short unintentionally
>Drunkenly hit on pretty much every girl on this floor now, got rejected from all so now it's just weird
>Very sad all of the time. I stupidly used to answer "how ya doin" with "not too good, how about you?" Thinking it was an acceptable answer. Now I just say that I'm fine.
>No hobbies other than working out
>Struggle with my school work so I can't help people with theirs
>Music taste is weird and shit
>My depression has eaten up my ability to be the funny guy
>I'm intimidated by normies
>Only have a Snapchat which I rarely use and no other social media
>Eat in most of the time to save money
>Watch no sports and no popular Netflix shows
>I go to parties but I don't really like them
>I make depreciating jokes about myself and others but that gets taken seriously
>I don't know how to conversate so I over share/over ask (big talk instead of small talk)

Sorry if this sounds like a blog post, but does anyone have the nofriends feel? Anyone know how to escape it?
>>
4chan is friend
>>
All my "friends" forgot about me.

I moved to a new state for college and I live with family and I have no friends. I try to make friends at work and its crazy, I could be the nicest guy and still no one says a word to me. This guy who works at the coffee shop talks to everyone and hes a cool dude, but hes also a social chad. Tons of the hot girls go and talk to him and laugh at every thing he says. Everybody shuts up when I come and ask for water because its free. I don't even know what to do anymore man, Im just tired. I literally have conversations with myself. I laugh at my own jokes, and always talk as if Im being interviewed.

I don't even care about anybody anymore. I see couples everyday and I know I won't have atleast a fuck buddy.
>>
>>34713003
Share your snapchat anon, I will be your friend
>>
You have to be pleasant enough and have enough in common in basic conversation before you can start being a cynical miserable cunt.

Same as revealing power level. Little bits.
>>
>>34713003
Is that sand?
>>
>>34713003
When making new friends, I just apologise and give them the heads up that I'm not a people person and trying to improve my social skills.
>>
>>34713097
I need friends in my area not just online Friends
>>
>>34713003
Sounds pretty fucking familiar.
Thing is: "Having friends" is bever something you can focus on. What you should do is get some hobbies, some interests that you can a) talk about and/or b) do together with other people.
As you have mentioned yourself, you need to participate in culture if you want to be able to have a conversation. Doesn't matter which culture or interest, as long as you find somebody else who does, too.
>>
File: 1485871654405.jpg (71KB, 283x276px) Image search: [Google]
1485871654405.jpg
71KB, 283x276px
>>34713101
How do you keep that up tho?

This girl I talk to a lot across the hall pointed out when I was trying to be a normies for a week that I was acting weird. I asked her what she meant and she said I seemed "dishonest" and that it seemed like I was being sarcastic with everyone.

How do you talk to people without them seeing that you're a corpse?
>>
>>34713202
I've tried hobbies but I never have the time or energy to keep up with them.
>>
I feel like I have the same problem as you but I'm pissing away my chances to make any friends in college before I graduate.
Only friends I have is a relatively small group from high school and none of us live near each other, just talk over internet and games now.

Don't know how the normies make real friends. I've talked to people in my classes near me but it's small talk and I don't talk to them after class. Mostly just out of necessity or pleasantries. Always went separate ways after class because I didn't buddy up with anyone in my major freshman year and effectively left my self out of any of the established friend groups.

Joined a club in my old major but all the talk was always super, I don't know how to describe it, 'casual' and 'safe'. Not like I act with my real friends. So any further contact with them is still me being overtly 'casual' or 'safe' with them.
Most people have a friend group established, if you don't then there's only a very minor chance you'll ever get to 'barge in' to someone's friend group and another minor chance it'll become a real friendship with them

What I'm saying is just give up
>>
>>34713003
As a good roommate of mine once shared:
>stop giving a shit about people and do your thing
And:
>Conversations don't mean shit if you don't actually care about the other person
>>
>>34713243
Then keep fucking looking. There has to be something that you actually want to do or find interesting. Get your ass out and go on the motherfucking journey of looking for a motherfucking comfort zone or if you are unwilling to try anything find the acceptance that this is your comfort zone.
>inb4 that's what I keep telling myself
>>
>>34713219
Lie.
Lie just like you do with every other social interaction you make.

Also stop browsing 4chan 24/7, it legitimately does turn you into a jaded asshole and it seriously fucks with your ability to provide an opinion without calling the other person an unlovable piece of shit for thinking otherwise
>>
>>34713341
I will never understand why normies try so hard to avoid being comfy
>>
File: 56hg.jpg (16KB, 231x244px) Image search: [Google]
56hg.jpg
16KB, 231x244px
People only ant to be your friend if they can get / gain something from you, people are nothing but users.

You don't need friends.
>>
File: 1484838976963.jpg (15KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1484838976963.jpg
15KB, 540x304px
>>34713270
That only works if you inherently have something to offer another person. Be that looks, height, money, or skills (like playing the guitar).

If you have no inherent value than when you don't give a fuck about other people they don't give a fuck about you and you further distance yourself. That's bassically how I got where I am today. Besides most of the time the people who "don't give a fuck and do what they want" just do and sell drugs, but I have no interest in drugs since none of them make me happy just various stages of out of it/further in my own head.

If no one cares about you, not caring about other people doesn't help.

If no one wants you, not wanting them doesn't help.

If no one even wanted to talk to you, not caring doesn't help.

I hate being alone. I can't "do what I want" and not care what other people think about me when what I want is for someone to care about me, atleast at a friend level.
>>
>>34713003
>Lie.
>Lie just like you do with every other social interaction you make.

I don't lie, that's probably my biggest problem then

>Also stop browsing 4chan 24/7, it legitimately does turn you into a jaded asshole and it seriously fucks with your ability to provide an opinion without calling the other person an unlovable piece of shit for thinking otherwise

I tend to respect what the other person thinks, but I want my opinion respected as well. But that doesn't work.

I've been trying to quit 4chan for years but never last more than a day.
>>
>>34713433
OP does not seem to be comfy. I was just trying to give him ideas on how s/he could become comfy. Sometimes you have to become less comfy in order to ultimately get more comfy.
Nothing against comfyness here. I envy everybody who does not have a kicking, relentless drive inside themself that keeps them restless.
>>
>>34713597
Meant for
>>34713003
Orifgnfkfn
>>
>>34713003
that thumb looks as big as my fucking big toe.
>>
>>34713515
Maybe I misformulated: The idea is not to overfocus on trying to make friends and seem desperate, but rather focus on a hobby or an interest or a skill or something that in the end involves getting in touch with people somehow.

Nothing makes people stick together like having a common goal. So look for a goal you can share.
>>
>>34713113
it's a coffee coolata
t. dunkin employee
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.