[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you experienced all of the highest artistic achievements

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

File: best-art.jpg (2MB, 3988x3988px) Image search: [Google]
best-art.jpg
2MB, 3988x3988px
Have you experienced all of the highest artistic achievements in these art forms?
>>
just taxi driver
Well played melee but it was shit compared to brawl, didn't even have my main man Sonic.
>>
>>34708850
all are 10/10
especially that albert camus book
>>
>>34708850
I love melee
Pet Sounds is definitely a benchmark in pop-music
>>
camus is a fraud
>>
>>34708850
Taxi Driver is 10/10
Smash Bros is NOT 10/10
Pet Sounds is NOT 10/10
Haven't read the book.
>>
>>34708850
The only item there with artistic merit is the pet sounds album.

>>34709065
Agreed
>>
>>34708850
Taxi Driver sucks.

A dumb loser with no redeeming qualities fucks everything up and figures that the reason he must be divorced from other people is because "he's just that over peoples' heads" and then proceeds to go postal over some dumb dudebro-philosophy ideal about justice. AKA the most convenient and inoffensive moral standpoint possible.

The movie has no point and nothing in it has any purpose. Same thing with Goodfellas and Chad of Wallstreet.
>>
>>34709108
What album would you consider to be a 10/10?
>>
>>34709108
Melee and Pet Sounds may not be 10/10 (Pet Sounds definitely is), but that doesn't prevent from being the best creations in their artistic medium.
>>
>>34708850
entry level/10
>>
>>34709149
The point was that one man can make a difference so long as you have several guns.
>>
File: 1455835660999.png (273KB, 580x500px) Image search: [Google]
1455835660999.png
273KB, 580x500px
>>34708850
>Videogames
>Art form

honestly kill yourself
>>
>>34709032
>>34709128
>>34709230
Someone explain Pet Sounds to me. I've listened to it (multiple times) and I don't understand the praise. My opinion ends at 'good pop music'

I think the same thing about The Beatles
>>
>>34709248
There is always one of these dumb, pretentious contrarians in these threads, and for some reason, they always use anime reaction images. Video games are art forms, objectively. They are a medium of creative expression, and therefore, are art.
>>
>>34709289
there is absolutely nothing artistic about letting a piece of electronic software that programs you to perform meaningless actions
>>
File: front.jpg (396KB, 845x866px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
396KB, 845x866px
>>34708850

>Think Beach Boys are genre defining surf music

Pleb
>>
>>34709248
>>34709374
Creating video games takes a lot of hard work, dedication, and most importantly, vision. It's art in so far as it is creating something from nothing and having this piece be aesthetically pleasing to the creator and to even other beholders.

I don't even play video games much anymore, but to deny this is foolish. You just want to make others feel bad is all.
>>
File: journey-game-screenshot-6.jpg (129KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
journey-game-screenshot-6.jpg
129KB, 575x323px
>>34709374
No real art is where you stare at a screen and let the pixels change color for you

Pic related, not art. It barely constitutes as a video game because it has 1 control but because you control what happens on the screen any artistic merit is nullified.
>>
>>34709374
With that logic, there is absolutely nothing artistic about letting a biological computer (ie: human brain) guide your hand to draw a flower, or to hit a drum in a specific sequence, or to have a camera follow a certain creature or thing. Fuck off. Video game programmers are painters, their canvas is a computer, their brush is their language, and their painting is the game.
>>
>>34709149
contrarian faggot looking for attention, sorry your dad abandoned you as a kiddo anon :(
>>
>>34709269
Yeah it's good pop-music, there's really not much else to it. Same with the beatles. People who go crazy about this record and say it's the pinnacle of all music are just fanboying and have obviously not explored music enough.
>>
>>34709269
There's so much that could be said about Pet Sounds, but the fact that you've listened to it and still feel the need to ask implies that you require a lot of musical context.

Pet Sounds is analogous to a perfectly written essay.

The composition itself was subjectively dense yet very coherent. The recording and mixing was top tier, comparable to the Beatles; except Brian Wilson is to be credited for most, if not all the innovation.

The album was unlike their previous albums in that it was much more seamless and symphonic; whereas the previous ones were just a bunch of individual pop songs.

Anyway, despite all that I think most people adore the album for the story behind it. Brian essentially wanted to stop being a gay pop group and put his heart into composing pet sounds along with other shit, people didn't like it though at the time and he went fucking insane. I'm sure you've seen those funny pictures of Brian before
>>
>>34709484
You're ignorant. original
>>
>>34709450
>because you control what happens on the screen any artistic merit is nullified
So interactive dance, music performances and interactive theatre isn't art?
>>
>>34709635
That's the point, the guy's an idiot.

Some ambiguous opinion about how video games have a lot of mindless entertainment (I guess that's his point) doesn't nullify the entire premise of the artistic medium.
>>
File: 1400192341173.jpg (569KB, 1259x947px) Image search: [Google]
1400192341173.jpg
569KB, 1259x947px
>>34708850

10/10 ALBUM:
Metallica S&M 1992

10/10 FILM:
Jeux D'enfants 2003

10/10 BOOK
The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
+almost anything by Albert Camus

10/10 VIDYA
Metal Gear Solid: Snake
GTA San Andreas
Mafia II
Civilization IV
>>
>>34709592
Yeah I'm not convinced

Sounds like something I would've said in the 8th grade when I was trying to find my artistic bearings and gave credit to old things just because they were old.

It may have been good for the time but that doesn't necessarily mean it's good. Or that it aged well.
>>
>>34709623
No, you are fanboying. I've been making and listening to different genres of music for over 20 years and I have heard about every single classic out there. Pet Sounds is genre defining and a very influental record but it does not really leave the realm of pop. As I said, it's good pop-music, but it's not a beacon of perfection that surpasses everything else.

Also I prefer SMiLE over Pet Sounds but das jus me
>>
>>34709243
but your chart has two books
>>
>>34709065
this
He's a poor author and an even worse philosopher.
>>
>>34709794
I can respect your scepticism. But keep in mind I didn't say it was the best album ever. I said it was analogous to being a perfectly written essay. Think about what that means for a second. There are a lot of great essays that are perfectly written, but that does not mean one is better than the other.

If I were to hold musical albums to a standard, then I would say that Pet Sounds has the best formula.

I may have been a bit too eager when I called Brian innovative, cause really he was just good at tying things together. He used a lot of effective techniques that were strictly contained within their respected mediums and used them for himself.

Also, saying it hasn't aged well is subjective especially because I don't know what you're comparing it against. Today most music is produced using VST instruments and can be pretty trash.

>m-muh old things are better xD
I pity you if you used to think this way
>>
>>34709108
The book isn't a 10 either
>>
File: 1478838549901.jpg (190KB, 959x782px) Image search: [Google]
1478838549901.jpg
190KB, 959x782px
>>34709798
>I've been making and listening to different genres of music for over 20 years and I have heard about every single classic out there.
>>
>>34710297
Kek ok I'll admit that sounds kinda stupid and pretentious, b-but it's true i swear.
I never said I was a good musician
>>
File: 165175281.jpg (13KB, 102x98px) Image search: [Google]
165175281.jpg
13KB, 102x98px
>>34709390
>Pet Sounds
>surf music
>>
I don't like saying my opinion is objective, because all of you look retarded to me bleating that your opinions are anything of the kind, but the works that gave me the highest feels are the following:

Dead Confederate - Wrecking Ball
Resident Evil 4
The Dark Knight

Don't really read novels, and don't see why people are saying philosophy books are art.
>>
>>34710376
>stuttering over text
Anyway, I've studied and practised classical composition for nearly a decade; want to sword fight with our dicks? You really are coming off as an autist.

I will say that I love Smiley Smile. I mean SMiLE was good too but it's a shame it wasn't recorded back when it should have been.
>>
Melee is good, but I've played better. Never seen taxi driver or listened to per sounds. The stranger is fucking great though, honestly an amazing read.
>>
>party game

Why do meleefags defend their pretend fightan games?
>>
>>34709374
You have no idea what you just said, but I can imply the meaning.
>>
>>34708850
I think games like Skyrim and Bioshock are absolute "is-this-even-a-game-anymore-this-is-literally-a-gift-from-god " tier games, any others?
>>
>>34710490
Whatever my dude, you called me ignorant and I really don't see any other way of refuting that than explaining my experience like that, I guess it will always look like I'm flailing my musical penis around.
I feel the same way about smile, it's really a shame.
Unrelated, who's your favorite classical composer?
>>
>>34710628
I know this is bait but this game has just as much depth if not more than all the other fighters out there. A character like fox or falco has so many different techniques and capabilities it's not just designed as a mindless button masher.
>>
>>34710778

>this is bait

The creator said himself it was made as a party game and is mostly used as a party game outside the competitive scene. Just give it up.
>>
File: IMG_0161.jpg (77KB, 672x712px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0161.jpg
77KB, 672x712px
>>34709243
Although SFTB is a great album, you are a tripfag and thus have your opinion discarded like month old garbage.
>>
>>34709867
>Read 'The Plague'

Ended up thinking 'well that was a waste of time', absolute shite.
>>
>>34710713
I'm fond of Bach, I grew up attending organ concerts at the local cathedral because of my parents; so I was introduced to Bach's prolific catalogue early on.
>>
>>34710830
Just because it was intented as a party game doesn't mean it can't be interpreted as a fighting game, all the aspects of a fighting game are there you nigger. The inputs for a move like chain waveshines need similar amounts of precision and timing as a street fighter combo.
>>
>>34711121

>a move that is limited to certain characters in the game
>same aspects

Still a party game
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.