[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the difference between tipping a fedora and being

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1476279503290.png (377KB, 594x422px)
1476279503290.png
377KB, 594x422px
What's the difference between tipping a fedora and being good mannered?

Sometimes when I hold the door open for a girl, I think to myself: "Oh boy, am I tipping my fedora now? God, she must think I'm a loser"
>>
gud post snibbity snab xDDDD
>>
If you don't hold the door open you look like a piece of shit
>>
File: cute-vs-ugly.jpg (38KB, 540x354px)
cute-vs-ugly.jpg
38KB, 540x354px
>>34706760
It all comes down to this, right? If you're chad and you hold the door, you're such a great guy. If you're chad and don't hold the door, your an alpha male in the girl's eyes. If you're a beta and hold the door, you're a creep. If you're a beta and don't hold the door, you're an asshole piece of shit.
>>
>>34706760

Stacie wants the Chad that treats her like shit. If you are a solid 9 or 10 you best not be holding that door open
>>
>>34706713
>Sometimes when I hold the door open for a girl
If you do that just for girls, a lot of feminists will call you a fedora tipper. They'll catch onto it really quick.

You'll get called a nice guy real quick. Which is essentially the equivalent of being called a cuck.
>>
>>34706713
I'm a girl and i hold doors open for people. It's just polite manners.
The difference is likely in intent. The fedora tipper does these things with expectation of a reward. The mannered person does it because it is expected of him: he is meeting minimum human social requirements, and there is no reward expected. The fedora thinks "oh boy, if I do all these behaviors, I will surely get a gf" instead of "I must do what is right".
>>
>>34706900
But how do you know the intents of someone who holds the door for you? Maybe he IS tipping his fedora, or maybe he's just does what is expected of him. How do you decide if he's a creep?
>>
>>34706900
GIRL. I love you. I'm the exactly same - For the first time in my entire browsing of r9k, I've never read heard such beautiful truth in the clearest of ways.

Yes!

> The fedora tipper does these things with expectation of a reward. The mannered person does it because it is expected of him: he is meeting minimum human social requirements, and there is no reward expected. The fedora thinks "oh boy, if I do all these behaviors, I will surely get a gf" instead of "I must do what is right".

I wish I could quote your entire post. Ss'ed.

THANK YOU. These dumb quirks don't get it.
>>
>>34706900

>I'm a girl

get the FUCK out
>>
>>34706950
He himself knows. Nobody cares if you're a creep or not - it's about basic manner. Are you a good person or selfish?
>>
>>34706950
You don't really in one single action. As a polite person, you say thanks and go on with your own business. You're not there to judge him or interact with him much past that.
The fedora tipper will have other behaviors beyond just holding doors open and anyone who has a closer relationship with him than walking through a door will probably pick up on his mannerisms/mentality pretty quickly. I'd guess he'd also be more likely to become angry and start an argument over being taken advantage of/not being appreciated if he does x polite behavior enough times without any reward beyond the standard "thankyou" because he feels he is exceptional in doing them ("not like the other guys"), instead of standard.

>>34706987
I love you even if you are hostile. I will never leave you (until I inevitably do).
>>
>>34706713
>not beating and murdering every woman you see
fucking doormat
>>
>>34707020
So you can't tell a regular good mannered person from a fedora tipper unless you know the person? So I shouldn't feel insecure about holding doors for women I don't know?
>>
>>34706981
Did you just immigrate from reddit or is this b8?
>>
>>34707020
>pick up on his mannerisms/mentality pretty quickly. I'd guess he'd also be more likely to become angry and start an argument over being taken advantage of/not being appreciated if he does x polite behavior enough times without any reward beyond the standard "thankyou" because he feels he is exceptional in doing them ("not like the other guys"), instead of standard.

this perfectly describes a robot i know.

jesus.
>>
>>34707095
to any girls or whoever out there:

can people like this change? or are they turbo sperg forever autism^infinite?
>>
>>34707001
>>34706981

Are right

Also you should adapt the manners to the social setting

>work at hospital so I'm always old fashioned polite to the elderly

>at some club you should act differently

But holding the door open if another Person is right behind you should always be done
>>
>>34706811
Spot on sempai.

The only way to win is to not play. Aka stay at home all day and hope you never end up in this situation.
>>
>>34707128
there is literally someone i know who thinks like this: (exactly as you described but fucking 'tism):

"I USED TO HOLD DOORS OPEN FOR GIRLS ALL THE TIME

BUT THEY NEVER APPRECIATED ME

SO NOW I NEVER OPEN DOORS!!!!!"

SHE WOULDNT GIV ME SEX=""( WHY?
>>
>>34706713
As long as YOU, question everything that you do you will never be considered so called "alpha". So theres that.
>>
>>34706900
>DahliaSmile
>>
>>34707082
nope!
If men hold doors open for me I don't think much about it beyond saying thanks. I hold doors open for men also. Not a big deal. I've only known one person who was made insecure by me, a female, holding a door open for him, a male, and he is a very unhappy person who eats his feelings to obesity and yells at video games, tells other people to kill themselves, etc.

>>34707095
i know a lot of dysfunctional people. sitting with the sinners or something like that. love them still but damn, they are transparent to me now. if i try to explain what they're doing wrong, the chain of behavior/feeling/reaction i KNOW they're experiencing they get hostile towards me and it is frustrating. pls listen to me little children, i will mother you to goodness. but they are naughty resentful, rebellious children and i can do nothing but weep.
>>
>>34707112
yes they can!!!
but you have to analyze yourself, your reactions, and realize you are not really that different/special/better than anyone else. it will vary from person to person what specifically they need to alter/stop doing, but in general focusing on being calm, kind, and humbled is likely to work against a lot of the previous negative behaviors. it is always nice to tell yourself that you do love everyone, even if you don't understand them and may treat you in ways you don't understand, that may appear unkind (or even be unkind, because they are struggling too).
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.