[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>woah anon, you have green bubbles? What's next,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: iStock_000015938234Small.jpg (412KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000015938234Small.jpg
412KB, 693x693px
>woah anon, you have green bubbles? What's next, you watch anime?
>>
>>34706197
>explain to her that iPhones have the fastest rate of planned obsolescence
>>
>>34706197
I dont even know what green bubbles is. Also i never watched a single anime.

Sad that the same cant be sad for OP who is obviously struggling with self-hatred. I suggest you work on that instead of trying to affirm or disprove some of the reasons you hate yourself for by using pretentious female reactionary picture and waiting for replies from complete strangers.

None of it will give you or teach you to love yourself OP.
>>
What are green bubbles
>>
File: 13940086_l-1024x1024.jpg (154KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
13940086_l-1024x1024.jpg
154KB, 1024x1024px
>>34707139
>He's giving life advise on /r9k/
>>
>>34707180
ALAS MY LOVE
YOU DO ME WRONG
TO CAST ME OFF
DISCOURTEOUS-LY
>>
>>34707180
when you send a text from an iphone to another phone that isn't an iphone
>>
>>34707198
I enjoy it. Good luck with that problem of yours.
>>
It's actually interesting that Apple chose that particular green for SMS messages, and blue for iMessages. The green is simply an ugly colour. It's almost as if they're deliberately attempting to get you to look down on greenies.

I'm all for it, though. Encrypted messaging is one of the best things invented.
>>
>>34707251
You don't like green? What are you, a nigger?
>>
>>34707244
Wasn't OP, but thanks.
>>
>>34707180
When you text some one who has an iphone with your non iphone "phone" they'll see your text as green. Letting them know that you're not a trendy faggot, and therefore not cool.
>>
>>34707251
>Encrypted

I got news for you son...
>>
>>34707180
When you send a text message to someone with an iphone but your phone is not an iphone.

Apple messages masks iphone text messages to other iphone users as blue.
>>
File: JKbGNKJ2.png (64KB, 571x571px) Image search: [Google]
JKbGNKJ2.png
64KB, 571x571px
>>34707251
>Encrypted messaging

Senpai...
>>
>>34707358
>>34707401

iMessaging remains encrypted, and no court has managed to compel the monitoring of iMessages.

They do it all the time with SMS and especially with metadata.
>>
if anyone else is wondering what are green bubbles.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150211/05455029985/green-bubbles-how-apple-quietly-gets-iphone-users-to-hate-android-users.shtml
>>
>>34706197
I'm sorry that I didn'T fall for the apple jew and instead went with a huawei
>>
File: 1485976852893.jpg (5KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
1485976852893.jpg
5KB, 250x249px
>tfw I have an iphone but never noticed this before because I don't have any friends to text me in the first place
>>
Honestly I'm not even fucking surprised a this point. Of course you turbo autists would make a huge fucking deal out of something literally no one even gives a second thought to. No one cares what kind of phone you use. Apple and Android phones are both widely used.
>>
>>34707799

I use an iPhone and I genuinely dislike greentexters.
>>
>>34707862
That's called autism, get it checked.
>>
>>34707862
+1, i just can't help it.

dfdfdfdsgshergreff
>>
>>34707799

See >>34707555. It IS a big deal. Apple is trying to meme its users into hating Android users. It's an intentionally harsh and ugly color that Apple users will negatively associate with non Apple users. Women may reject you for being a greenie. Peers may look down on you for being a greenie. You'll basically be a second class citizen if you don't have an iPhone.
>>
>>34707251
who even uses SMS in the current year?
>>
I didn't know I had any bubbles
my phone just texts and calls, like a phone should
>>
>>34707555

The article is trying to suggest that the reason for the hate is the colour itself. While the green is pretty ugly, the real issue is that iMessage gives you receipt notifications, of shows you when someone is typing a message, and media is received more smoothly and immediately.
>>
>>34707917
>>34707862
>owning an iphone
Normalniggers out
>>
>>34707919
I'm so fucking happy I don't live in the US where people aren't this retarded.

It's a fair split here in northern Europe. You see stacies with androids and iphones alike. No one gives a shit.
>>
File: 4L_eFPM7r1h.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4L_eFPM7r1h.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
>>34706992
Sadly, That's the opposite of the truth.
Android has between none to two years of updates, depends of the OEM. iPhones has 5.
>>
>>34708239
>not using custom roms
hehehe
>>
>>34708239
The difference is Android phones stop receiving updates, while iPhones receive updates that will reduce performance of older devices, forcing its user to buy a newer phone.
>>
>>34708308

Apple makes most of its money from the sale of phones, but it also makes money from iTunes and the app store, and a few other things within their 'ecosystem'. They're aware that nobody wants to be forced to upgrade constantly, especially if their phone is still working. The 'obsolescence' of smartphones comes about naturally, as a result of increasing processor power, storage, screen resolution, digital camera quality improvement, etc. There's little evidence that updates add massive lag to older phones, the last few new iOS versions have actually increased speed on many older phones.
>>
>>34708308
Android phones are the ones that stop receiving updates. They dont have planned obsolecence but they reach that point faster than iphones.

Samsung has so many phones to make updates for and so does every other manufacturer. They cant be bothered to give you updates.

You are now forced to use custom roms.
My Galaxy S3 has Android 5.0 and it doesnt go above that sadly.
>>
>>34707220
> Greensleeves, for all the uncultured swine who don't get the reference
>>
File: 4L_s7PxqlTD.png (100KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
4L_s7PxqlTD.png
100KB, 640x1136px
>>34708308
It is true but you are also not forced to update.
I don't. Almost all apps (and all major ones) support old versions of iOS.

>>34707919
Regarding green bubbles, it is true that Apple wants green bubble hate, you can read a section titled "Green of Rage" on the iMessage page, showing green bubbles.

Wich is surprising considering it's the same color used in all toggles of the system.

Here in Belgium, even tough almost everybody has an iPhone, nobody uses iMessage. So green bubbles are the norm in the messages app.

We consequently prefer to change intentionally the colors of the bubbles in FB Messenger, wich are blue by default, to imitate iMessage, to green. Or use Whatsapp.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.