[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw only ever been good with computers, programming, etc

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1464190703938.jpg (106KB, 640x480px)
1464190703938.jpg
106KB, 640x480px
>tfw only ever been good with computers, programming, etc
>now hate it so much I get sick at the sight of code

I guess I'll go ahead and kill myself then
>>
File: 1367109511.png (402KB, 794x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1367109511.png
402KB, 794x1038px
I know this feel.... ...even writing simple HTML makes me tired AF now, don't even think of C#.
>>
As someone considering going back to school in his late 20's to code, this doesn't feel great to read
>>
>>34702328
What changed for you anon? For me a year of CS at uni was enough to put me off forever.

>>34702360
My experiences aren't necessarily the norm, and I used to love it. Just have a contingency plan in case it all goes wrong.
>>
>>34702421
>For me a year of CS at uni was enough to put me off forever.
Was it all the pseudo-religious horseshit? Discrete math, formal methods, lambda calculus, that sort of stuff? Because that's what annoys me the most about CS.
>>
>>34702842
I'm not sure, something about it just drained all the life out of it for me, it stopped being fun and started being a chore.

Then it was a case of being too intensive to do mindlessly, but not enough to be stimulating.
>>
>>34702951
Oh, well that's a more basic problem: there's a psychological difference between doing things for yourself and doing them for others. Anything is worse when it's your job. I think undergraduate CS is only manageable by people who are gluttons for punishment, or who genuinely enjoy constantly solving meaningless puzzles.
>>
>>34703003
I guess. But then why can't I code for fun anymore?
>>
>>34702233
>34702328
maybe it's burnout? have you tried sacking off the tech a while for something unrelated?
>>
>>34703003
Gd I hate puzzles. It makes me feel dumb but they're so useless. The only reward for solving is that you don't have to solve anymore.
>>
File: 1486225104792.jpg (1MB, 1089x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1486225104792.jpg
1MB, 1089x1089px
People often make the mistake of thinking that things they are good at are going to bring them happiness. Just because you are good at programming doesn't necessarily mean you are going to be happy doing so. Try to find something else that might fulfill you, anon.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.