[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are normies okay with living in a world that's become

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 6_renting-a-deserted-island[1].jpg (307KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
6_renting-a-deserted-island[1].jpg
307KB, 800x450px
Why are normies okay with living in a world that's become so shit it requires antidepressants to be as common and mainstream as Aspirin, just to tolerate everyday life?
>>
>>34698977
Because i-it'll get better anon. I-i promise it always get better.
That or they are just too wrapped up in the facebooks and rap music to see how shit their lives are.
>>
>become so shit

Most of history was way worse for the average person, it's just that nobody gave a shit about your feelings or wellbeing back then
>>
>>34698977
Because only a very small percentage of people prescribed anti-depressants actually need them. With depression becoming a fashion statement and pharmaceutical companies making billions of anti-depressants from doctors shilling them, it's no wonder everyone takes them.
>>
>>34698999
checked.

The secret is to acknowledge that everything is fucked so far beyond help that you just let it go. Really, what the fuck can you do about the problems in the world? What difference can you truly make? Can you fix it? Can you remedy the issues alone? If yes, then get to it. If no then let it go.

The more history you know, you see that it was always fucked, we are always one second away from total annihilation of society, and that we are completely and helplessly bound to a fucking rock hurtling through the empty void of space in a cosmic shooting gallery where a massive chunk of shit could blast a crater in the Earth and there is not a damn thing any one would be able to do for any of these cases.

Even the elites could not stop a societal collapse, one just hopes that we will continue to exist along our steadily improving path that is fraught with setbacks, but exhibits a progressive overall trend
>>
>>34699070
If people of the past thought the same as you then our lives would be a lot worse
>>
>>34699086
I don't know man, things are pretty shitty right now. People of the past could have done a lot better.
>>
>>34699086
the average people of the past I would argue did think this way.

the drivers of society are the rare few who actually can make a difference through some sort of gift of ingenuity or passion or something similar. they are the changers, and without a paradigm shift of some kind from these few select people, what really can change?

I'm not an Einstein, I'm not an Elon Musk. Leave the supporting and progression to the ones who have the tools to do so.
>>
Instead of fighting global corporatocracy we protest against Trump temporarily banning people from a handful of countries from entering the US. And not just IN the US, these protests are all over the western world. Why do normies conveniently ignore the real pressing issues?
>>
>>34698977
We are doing this to ourselves, there is too much unnecesary stress in our life.
>>
>>34699199
what is corporate controlled media for $1000, Alex.

The media is run by the corps, the single largest lobbier of Congress tends to be ComCast Cable. Whatever agenda they say is fed through the social media to the proles who gobble it up.

Welcome to America(TM)
>>
>>34699205
My question was WHY they're doing this.
>>
>>34698977

Because they're normal and not mentally malformed vegetables.
>>
>>34699238
I'm not a burger, but we have the same problem here.

But WHY don't the normies see that they're being manipulated into doing the elite's bidding?
>>
>>34698977
They're morons who can't even remember last week.
>>
>>34699239
again, to answer the why, what is the point of dwelling on all the wrongs of the world and society?

Its like knowing that grabbing an electric fence will shock you. There are signs posted saying it will do so, yet you joyously keep grabbing it. Why keep grabbing something that will bring hurt?

Why keep thinking of thoughts that will bring pain? You know that dark thoughts will bring dark feels. That doesnt mean you are not aware of the fact that they exist. The fence is still there, you're just choosing not to constantly and autistically grab the fence repeatedly.
>>
>>34699287
because to exist and live the comfortable life that is here, there is little other choice. Unless you want to off grid or some other exit from society at large, which would give up a lot of comforts, youre going to be doing someone's bidding at some point in exchange for something. Even bartering requires an opportunity cost, and a sacrifice to get something else of value. Its how the system is built. Again, can we really change the system? Can anyone? Can the elites even change the system?

Stop grabbing the fence anon
>>
>>34699338
>Stop grabbing the fence anon
Stop being a dumbfuck.

>can we really change the system? Can anyone? Can the elites even change the system?
You've been brainwashed so hard you forgot what a revolution is. I don't give a shit anymore, but why do the normies eat antidepressants like gummibears instead of telling their boss to fuck off?
>>
>>34699417
>brainwashed to forget revolution
Most of them historically just wind up with a different group of elites running the show and then the same problems begin anew, so why give up a "relatively" smooth running system until there is good reason to. There is always going to be income inequality and a plethora of other problems we face as long as we are animals with animal instincts.

The reason I think though that people lean on antidepressants so hard is that these ideas scare them. They cant rationalize and accept them or even think of them without getting over their head, or even have a discussion about them as we are. The idea of losing their comfortable life scares them. Also, why bite the hand that feeds? The better question is why do people cuck themselves into a life that they hate when they have the complete power to do something better? That is the glory of this system, anyone can be anything and reinvent themselves any way they see fit with proper determination and resources. Shit look at Trump.
>>
>>34698977
Because they're on antidepressants
>>
>>34699487
>That is the glory of this system, anyone can be anything and reinvent themselves any way they see fit with proper determination and resources.
Might as well tell the homeless and poor to play the lottery, because anyone can get rich winning the lottery.
>>
>>34699554
oh come now, now youre being a bleeding heart idiot.

A good portion of the homeless and poor are that way because they have low human capital, something that can be improved with proper determination. Grants are free money for trade vocations via tech colleges. Municipalities offer temp jobs cutting grass or shoveling snow. There are a slew of other things that can be done to improve conditions to get a better paying job, provided one wants it enough. Shit goddamn habitat for humanity gives FREE HOUSES TO THE HOMELESS. Free fucking houses.

If all you want is handouts, then be prepared to live on handout style life. If you fucked off and are a criminal scum then thats your fault then you are in that mess isnt it? There is a reason these people are nor employed.

10/10 still got me replying.
>>
>>34699617
I'm not talking about the homeless. Do you not understand it's a metaphor? You're using an outlier as motivation to spend an entire life running in a hamster wheel.
>>
>>34698977
>requires antidepressants
Dr. Goldstein has trained you well, goy. Time to pay your copay!
>>
I'm not OK with the world being this way.

I've been looking for a way out of this maze for years now.

I don't think the "psychiatrists" and other mental health professionals have it in their best interests to truly cure us. That would cut their revenue stream
>>
File: 1sc2evgc.wizardchan.jaqnikelsen.jpg (27KB, 300x313px) Image search: [Google]
1sc2evgc.wizardchan.jaqnikelsen.jpg
27KB, 300x313px
i take Diphenhydramine pills and fuck off to lala land.
>>
I've struggled to understand how normal people cope with reality the way it is and still remain happy. It must require delusional thinking on a massive scale.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.