[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

loners out there, how would you feel if someone approached you?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: loner.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
loner.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
loners out there, how would you feel if someone approached you? do you want people to talk to you?
>>
>>34698764
No. Last time someone approached me when I was alone she turned out to be a hyper religious nut who thought America was gonna be destroyed by 3 meteor strikes within November 2016. She knew this because God had spoken to her and she said she was destined to meet me because I have friends in the US. She said I had to warn them and get them out as soon as possible.

She also said Obama is pure evil.
>>
i discovered that i learned so much more than non-loners in my solitude that it is no longer possible to engage with any non-loner on an equivalent level

unfortunately, if i encountered a similar loner at a similar level to me, we would be repulsed due to lack of any social grooming, and probably a healthy distaste for such an affair anyway

this is now a permanent isolation
oh well
>>
>>34698764

I dont because it gets boring talking to people over time.
>>
File: lvl99sneakdoggo.jpg (829KB, 1600x1252px) Image search: [Google]
lvl99sneakdoggo.jpg
829KB, 1600x1252px
>>34698764
I am indifferent to someone approaching me, and I prefer not being talked to honestly.

On the one hand, I would not be cold to them and I would have a conversation with them and be cordial, warm and polite. If the person is genuinely interested in having a chat to pass the time or get to know me, I find it enjoyable. I actually don't mind speaking with people, as some have interesting things to say, but it becomes work after a few minutes, especially if the other person is just talking for the sake of talking to be "friendly XDDD." Come on, you don't have to say things to every person you meet. Its jarringly clear that you don't want to really chat so why are you doing it.

Why bother because the vast majority of people are fairly uninteresting. Why bother putting in work into something like building a friendship with someone if I know that I am going to not contact them because I am happier on my own. Its effort and time.
>>
>>34698801
see, I would find that person fascinating on a crazy level for a few moments. I would have the urge to figure out why the fuck she is so insane.
>>
>>34698856
I chatted with her for about 15 minutes, but she eventually got disturbingly crazy-eyed. I see her sometimes, and she spoke to me again once saying I have some rare disease. She's just generally uncomfortable.

Very pretty though, but 10 years older than me.
>>
>>34698871
kek she is meme tier insane. good find out of all the human race.
>>
>>34698843
>>34698871
>>34698809

do you guys make eye contact with people when you're in a public setting? I've noticed that loners never seem to look at anyone if they can help it.
>>
I want - so badly - for people to talk to me but when it does happen I panic and freeze up. I don't even know how to make small talk desu.
>>
l want people to leave me alone.
>>
File: 1484978353537.png (83KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1484978353537.png
83KB, 640x360px
>have to leave house to get food
>get food and sit down on a park bench alone
>as I'm eating an old man comes up to me
>is friendly, 2bh I've always wanted an old person to talk to because I never met my grandparents
>think I'm making a connection with another human for the first time in years
>he pulls out a pamphlet
>he's a jahovas witness
>he gives me the pamphlets and tells me about the church
>I thought I was making a friend but he just wanted to sell me his religion
>>
>>34698888
Checked. Worst part is, she's fucking married. She met some dude in Ohio, probably mormon. I asked her what branch of Christianity she belonged to, but she just said she is her own branch, and God only speaks to her.

>>34698891
I only make glances on accident if I'm looking at people around me, but generally I don't.
>>
Uncomfortable and probably border on having a panic attack if they were persistent.
>>
>>34698764
No they can fuck off. I use machines to order food, check into appointments, atms, etc. Just to avoid talking to the people at the counter.
>>
>>34698764
i don't see anybody on this planet as worth talking to or alive, myself included, i would rather not engage in communication and i have a hatred for the sound, sight and existence of language itself because it's permanent and imperfect

talking to people only makes me feel more alone and adds to my rage repression and stress as i put on the mask for them and recite the trivial expected language behaviors and patterns based on each person's database storage when i really just want to engage a primal animalistic need to physically and mentally remove them from my five fucking senses

on the off chance there is the 0.0000000001% chance of an encounter that needs to happen, then i guess i'll have it in my dreams

>>34698801
sounds like a tame version of my parents
>>
File: DSCF0229.jpg (976KB, 1600x1115px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0229.jpg
976KB, 1600x1115px
>>34698891
>>34698843
eye contact for me is an iffy thing, but I dont have too much trouble. I usually keep my head up and eyes forward when say walking or out in other public places. if I catch someone's eyes, a polite nod is given.

I find that I am not the one that has issues with eye contact, but its other supposedly "normal" social people. Eye contact for me means you have my full attention, and I am listening completely. I get a lot of people when I do that who get shifty eyed and look away or look down. the shifty eyes then in turn makes me uncomfortable as that is a sign of discomfort, but I am pretty aware of body language to a crippling point I would say.

I think all the social media has cucked everyone out of using good eye contact. Older people dont seem to have the shifty eyes issue.
>>
>>34698891
I make a point of looking in the eye most people these days. Not because I'd give them the time of day so much as making the effort of demonstrating a standard human behavior so nobody catches on.
>>
>>34698764
>how would you feel if someone approached you?
I think I'd feel good. Feel like a human being that worth something.

>do you want people to talk to you?
I really don't know. It's very rare to me to like someone. I find most people boring. If it were someone who I could relate, I thing I'd want that.
>>
>>34698935
are you satisfied that way? do you have no desire to form connections with people at all? just curious
>>
>>34698915
Those fucks keep ignoring my no soliciting sign. If they come again I'm going to answer the door wearing nothing but a horse mask and briefs.
>>
>tfw deleted all steam friends including irl ones and left all WhatsApp groups.

I just felt like it's time to be alone again.
>>
>>34698764
I feel uncomfortable and shocked when people approach me cause it happens so rarely. I don't really want people to talk to me because the few times I have been approached everyone is just rude, boring, or treats me differently because of how I am. But if the person is interesting and we have things in common I definitely want them to talk to me. They're just rare to find.
>>
I don't mind it, but it's not something I try and instigate.

When a lot of your interactions with people growing up has been negative, you start to associate socializing as something to avoid.

And then you get older and the negative emotions build up over time and you just become numb and just want to be home at the end of the day.
>>
>>34698764
Yes i do, im very lonely, but i long for people to deeply connect with
>>
>>34698962
this. i feel lonely but everytime i even make an internet friend i feel so tempted to push them away and stop talking to them. its not that they're bad I guess i'm just used to the loneliness and not sure how to handle interaction with others.
>>
>>34699004
Well fuck you, how do you even find out person interests if anyone who approaches you is hostile by default
>>
I don't mind talking if they're respectful toward me, and I'm not doing something really important. Normally when I talk to people I put a lot of thought into stuff to say so catching me at random probably won't drag a lot of conversation or banter out of me.
>>
File: 1420623179503.jpg (60KB, 960x648px) Image search: [Google]
1420623179503.jpg
60KB, 960x648px
>>34698764
If someone approached me I would assume they were doing it to play a trick on me or in the best case scenario, doing it out of pity.

It would still be a nice feeling though, to be noticed. Even if it's fake.
>>
>>34699066
do you make yourself approachable? as in trying to make eye contact with people instead of not looking at anyone etc
>>
>>34699095
shit that's me exactly. im curious, do you ever worry that you're becoming too socially stunted? i feel like i havent really talked to someone in so long, i dont know how to have a normal conversation anymore. even if i wanted to have a deep connection with someone, i cant because i know would push them away out of fear of me being too awkward and having them reject me later on. it's like i've gotten so used to the idea that i'll be alone forever that i dont even know if i want a friend.
>>
>>34699096
I can tell they're a normie. Not that hard to spot. I don't want to be friends with someone obnoxious.
>>
File: 1485923169906.jpg (219KB, 510x530px) Image search: [Google]
1485923169906.jpg
219KB, 510x530px
>>34698764
I have a horrible history dealing with people so the answer is no. Maybe if I could restart my life in a different area I wouldn't be emotionally damaged, and have a shot at being more sociable.

But I don't mind being alone, I actually prefer it. I know it's not normal and that's ok.
>>
>>34698764
Depends on the context. I just want the satisfaction of a job well done. At least, in real life instead of video games.
>>
>>34699211
No i dont, i have a hard time doing that.
But im always friendly if people talk to me
>>
>>34699289
i actually find it really attractive when people are comfortable being alone. it's a good trait to have imo
>>
>>34699216
yeah definitely. i worry they'll eventually get bored of me or i just wont be a good enough friend so sometimes i dont even bother and cut it off. it's weird honestly. things will be going alright but i get this sensation that i just have to end it for my own good. i want a friend but then i dont. i dont understand myself.
>>
>>34699286
>I can tell they're a normie
Everyone looks like a normie during the day, good luck finding people who share your interests
>>
>>34699286
I thought judging a book by it's cover was the most normie thing you could do....
>>
>>34698897
This. Don't speak to me and get the fuck out of my way.
>>
>>34698959
Yeah, im satisfied. No, i hate them. Just leave me alone.
>>
>>34698764
No.
>how would you feel if someone approached you?
If they push too hard, I'd cave in, and play friendly. If they are just carefully prodding, I'd either politely decline or be cold in return, depending on mood.

When someone pushes me, and gets me to open and be social, I can enjoy it for a while. Its when the moment of awkward silence comes, or when I notice they are a moron, that I remember why I dislike company, and retreat.
>>
>>34698764
If someone approaches me i act in normie-mod and im polite and do the same conventions everyone have to do. But i fucking hate people, im alone anytime i can and i want to stay this way, i hate either guys and girls, im happy only when im alone with myself.
>>
>>34698764

More than anything but I get easily flustered and come off as uninterested. I just wish I could connect to people normally.
>>
>>34698764

I'd feel uncomfortable but politely indulge them in conversation for a short while until I feel like it's an appropriate time to excuse myself.

I prefer to approach people on my own terms and have conversations on my own terms.

Otherwise I'm real flighty and withdrawn.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.