[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /broke/ here what are some creative meals i can make

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 6355351769_766503f534_b.jpg (686KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
6355351769_766503f534_b.jpg
686KB, 1024x768px
who /broke/ here

what are some creative meals i can make with $10 a week?
>>
10 double cheese burgers a week
>>
Rice and beans, steal tacobell sauce packets for flavor.

Eggs are nice too
>>
>>34694628
>Get a bag or rice and some canned beans.
>If sales, use them.
>cook the beans in the can, and cook the rice with water from a bathroom
>if no fire, use matches
>consume
You are now fully nourished.
>>
File: 1484784644494.jpg (42KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
1484784644494.jpg
42KB, 600x476px
Top ramen with egg

spaghetti with oil+ dried crushed chilli peppers

Rice and chili

crackers and peanut butter
>>
yes, protip don't gamble ever
I had $5000 saved up but a lot of debt
thought I could trade in penny stocks to pay off some of the debt
lost $4000 instead
>>
> cook cup ramen with tap water
> take noodles and put them in a tortilla
> add cheap shredded cheese
> fool yourself into thinking you have a taco or burrito depending on how much you fill up the tortilla
When I have extra money I like to crush up Takis to make it spicy and give it crunch. Also get a cheapo rice maker and just make white rice. If you have the money you can get like a two dollar bag of frozen chicken that'll last two or three meals, add in soy sauce, and you have a pretty all right meal.
I refuse to leave my apartment when other people are in it (read: a lot) so I've learned to get creative with what you can do with a microwave and a minifridge.
>>
>>34694628
>lentils and rice
>beans and rice
>split pea soup and bread

All are complete proteins. Not ideal, but they'll give you what you need. Ideally you should get some butter, margarine, or veggie oil and add a little to each pot to ensure proper fat intake.
>>
>>34694628

Pretty much rice with beans and veggies with either chicken or beef
>>
I used to make my own bread in bulk and freeze it. It's easy, much cheaper than buying normal bread and tastes nicer in my opinion. Sometimes I would just live on peanut butter sandwiches. If you buy bulk flour, you can make pizza dough and pasta as well. Those freeze up fine uncooked.
If you can grow your own vegetables or find them really cheap, you can make a big batch of soup and freeze that. Since the main ingredient of soup is water, it keeps really well and doesn't lose any flavour at all. Same goes for curries.
Uncooked meat also keeps in the freezer well, so buying cheaper cuts of meat bulk and freezing them can add some flavor to your meals. Stuff like chicken thighs and beef shoulders (chucks) you get a lot of meat for the price and they come out great in curries and soups.
Rice and beans as everyone has said works great and you don't need to thaw it. Good for when you need some energy and don't have anything prepared in advance.
Try to only buy eggs and milk when you're going to use them, they don't go well in the freezer.
I only get paid every 6 weeks so I'm not really living week to week with my food, but I'm probably spending less than that if I added it all up over the course of a year on my food.
>>
Salt on a slice of bread
>>
>>34694628
Rice and bean/lentils my dude. Though it's way easier to do this if you have $40 for a month so you average $10 a week than it is to have just $10 to buy a week's worth of food.
>>
eggs, beans, and rice are dirt cheap.
Frozen/canned vegetables are cheaper than fresh.
Get on food stamps to increase your mileage.
>>
>>34694628
Go to one of those places that gives out free food. They do it year round usually but its not really good except during holidays.

You'll get free cereal and stuff though.
>>
>>34694642

that would be like $23 for 10, double cheese burgers arent cheap anymore
>>
Go to burger king and buy a burger, or even better just fish a receipt out of the trash. Do the survey on the back of the receipt and get a coupon for more burgers, use the coupon and get a receipt, keep doing surveys.
>>
>>34695244
Making your own bread/pasta is god tier and a great way to save money
>>
frozen vegetables and >>34696713 plus some beans for extra protein kept me alive during college
>>
>>34696713
>Making your own bread/pasta is god tier and a great way to save money
It is a good way to save money and the quality of the food is much better than most store bought, but the problem with doing it as a strategy for surviving on such a small amount of money is that bread and pasta are not very filling. Even if you're getting enough calories to live and you ignore the lack of vitamins in bread, you will digest bread or pasta very quickly and you're going to be hungry and miserable all day long.

Oatmeal would be a better choice. Not as delicious, but it's extremely cheap and extremely filling.
>>
Eggs, beans, rice, pasta, dry mushrooms, frozen vegetables, peanut butter, oatmeal.

Meat is expensive, it is no longer the bulk, or main focus of your meals. Use a little with your rice and vegetables. A crock pot/slow cooker can work magic with cheaper cuts of meat.

Buy flour, yeast, sugar and oil and you can start making your own breads, pizza dough, whatever.
>>
>>34696761
If you make the bread and pasta with whole-wheat flour it's a lot more filling than with white flour. It's a bit more expensive though.
You can also top it with rolled oats.
>>
Considering you are not a fatass, this is how I would do 10 dollars based on prices in my area

5-6 medium bananas - $1
3lb pinto beans - $2.70
2lb rice - $2
Corn tortillas 20 count - $1
Generic corn flakes/Dozen eggs - $1.50
Can of tomato sauce - $.33
1 onion and 1 bulb of garlic - ~$1

Would substitute some things for small pack of chicken thighs or legs, loaf of bread, cheap deli meat, pound of carrots or margarine.
>>
aglio olio:
>pasta
>olive oil
>garlic
>salt
>crushed red pepper (if you like spice)
Easy and cheap enough for 2 or 3 meals.

Struggle rice:
>2 cups rice cooked with a bouillon packet and a dash of soy sauce in it.
>2 or 3 chopped up hotdogs
>frozen/canned peas and carrots
Enough for 4 meals.

Rice with tuna mixed with mayo on top is pretty good and filling.
>>
Boiled sweet potatoes and lentils. You can survive months.
>>
File: 1486188633047.jpg (65KB, 770x702px) Image search: [Google]
1486188633047.jpg
65KB, 770x702px
>>34697203
>>34697125
>>34696946

that doesn.t sound very tasty at all
>>
G E T A F U C K I N G J O B
E
T

A

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

J
O
B
>>
>>34697578
really tho bum ass niggas need to work
>>
>>34694628
Spaghetti for 8 is pretty cheap to make.
>>
>>34697445

Maybe you shouldn't be so poor then, you ungrateful cunt
>>
>>34694628

Get yourself a wife who earns 100k. It's what I did.
>>
>>34697820
What your wife do?
>>
>>34694628
canned sardines, rice, and beans
>>
ramen and a bag of potatoes
>>
File: 1426048139971 (1).jpg (566KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1426048139971 (1).jpg
566KB, 2048x1536px
I guess the neet life isn't as comfy as you neets claim it to be huh. Get a job you lay about.
>>
Rice and suspicious meat
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.