[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how much does one have to know to work at jiffy lube or autozone?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (43KB, 722x461px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 722x461px
how much does one have to know to work at jiffy lube or autozone? ive helped take out transmissions but i dont think i could do it by myself yet i know how to change oil on heavy trucks, grease heavy trucks, change brake pads and brake shoes, justbasic stuff i dont know how to adjust valves or anythibg like that

would i be a failure if i tried to work at one of them? ive never changed spark plugs or anything either, ive been around only diesel trucks
>>
haha lube
>>
>>34691084

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think those places service transmissions. I think they just do routine maintenance, such as oil changes, tires, brakes, fluid flushes, etc.

You shouldn't have much of an issue getting a job based on your qualifications. They train you in most cases anyways
>>
they hire the dumbest fucks on the planet , so you should have no problem fitting in.
unplug oil pan, drain oil, put plug back, fill up.
real hard stuff.
>>
>>34691084
I worked at Jiffy Lube in HS, this was in 2006.

All my coworkers were ex-cons. The job was stupid easy, didn't even need a drivers license. Managers cousin was 15, didn't have a license and drove a customers car into the pit. I had to drive the owner to his home, car was totaled. Another guy put oil in the coolant reservoir, his car survived about 450 miles (actually impressive). We would fill the decorative balloons meant to adorn the building with oil and heave them at the fauna of Chicago's northwest side. Absolutely zero effort was made to be environmentally conscious, old oil was often discarded in storm drains and used filters were just pitched with the rest of the garbage. Lots of upselling people for shit they didn't need, you really develop sales skills more than anything else.

So yea, you can be a complete skid and work at Jiffy Lube. I'm sure its not as fucked up as it was 10 years ago, but I'm sure its still fucked up.
>>
>>34691283
this sounds like a great job

what's the pay like? is it commission based or a set wage?
>>
>>34691283
wow okay thanks

also is it bad if i cant drive a straight shift? would that make the job hard? i have before but it was just poking around a yard
>>
Yeah as long as you use a lawnmower engine to torque my oil filter back on like they did the last time I didn't change it myself you'll fit right fucking in. They even left the old filter gasket on there as a nice surprise when I try to figure out what went wrong.

Everyone who works at these 10 minute maintenance places are on the lowest rung on society. And that's coming from the 30 year old virgin.
>>
gay man here; why are mechanics so hot ? I wish I was one :(
>>
>>34691346
minimum wage to start. If you have a clean record they will put you behind the register and you can leverage that for a couple dollar raise. They struggled mightily to find people who wont literally just steal money from the register. There's a camera, but these motherfuckers just did not care.

>>34691353
They could not care less about your driving abilities. If no employees know how to drive standard they will force the customer to drive the car into the bay. This is another skill that you can use to get more money, I got a $.50/hr raise just for proving I could get a car into 1st gear without stalling.

I cannot stress enough how fucking dogshit Jiffy Lube is, but its a ridiculously easy job and their checks always cleared. Your coworkers will be the bare minimum considered employable, they hire anyone willing to set under there and get their shit burned (there are sleeves, wearing them was considered "faggy"). If you show up on time they will love you. Your coworkers will constantly no-call no-show so there are ample OT opportunities if you are willing to come in on short notice.

No work experience required at all whatsoever either. Or even HS diploma.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJJ-HjRg_Us
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.