[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever think about the inevitable heat death of the universe

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1486345191036.jpg (38KB, 480x480px)
1486345191036.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
Do you ever think about the inevitable heat death of the universe and how nothing we do actually matters?
>>
>>34688938
all of the day bro but we're all gonna be dead long long long before then
>>
>>34688938
>heat death of the universe
You're dumb
>>
>>34688972
Explain.

456u
>>
>>34688938
Heat can reduce things you physics cuck

Reduction = energy materials

Checkmate nihilist cuck
>>
I used to all the time because the dominant philosophy in the modern West is existentialist utilitarianism. My highschool friends and I all grew up believing in "muh science explains everything and religion is stupid" now I'm not knocking the scientific method but the assumptions average people made about the universe based on pop-science have created this bland worldview in which we are all just meat robots. The big bang happened by accident, and the world was created by accident, and life was an accident. And in some other accident, it will all be destroyed. At best it's bland, at worst it's terrifying, but what's more is that it's totally false.

Read the famous philosophers and the famous religious texts. You'll develop your own opinion eventually. I am telling you what you believe now is not your opinion, it was placed there by someone else. There are forces in the world that seek to break man's spirit and turn him into a slave.
>>
>>34689045
He's just some republican thinking you're talking about global warming.
>>
lmao
yea
that heat death is gunna suck
remember to stay afraid of the end
because it totes exist
trust me
>>
File: 1486322938178.jpg (63KB, 896x617px) Image search: [Google]
1486322938178.jpg
63KB, 896x617px
>>34688938

Yes, but then I ask to myself, would I tell an ant that what it's doing doesn't matter? Of course it matters. It matters for the ant, for the brief period of time it's alive, just like the Sun matters to a flower but the flower doesn't mean shit for the Sun and I don't mean shit for the universe.

I'm human, hence Man is the measure of my world. What I do is important only on that very specific scale, which is incredibly small both in duration and size.

On a more cynical note, if you're correct then we have nothing better to do anyway.
>>
>>34689267
What an idiot.

h35h4
>>
Hardly ever...

Doesn't matter.
>>
>>34689504
It doesn't matter in my lifetime but it certainly makes everything seem small and pointless.
>>
>>34688938
yeah when i was about 18 but you don't have everything as figured out as well as you think you do
>>
File: 1466145822784.jpg (95KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
1466145822784.jpg
95KB, 500x427px
>>34688938
I used to be concerned about that and a variety of other distant catastrophes a decade ago. Thoughts about that, the worthlessness of everything we do, and my impending doom dominated my thoughts for many years. This combined with other factors made me a very neurotic, unhappy, dysfunctional person; be careful to avoid that.

I ultimately stopped caring about it after a while. Now I just view things on the scale of my lifetime; I don't need to concern myself with anything that happens after I die and cease to exist as a person.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.