[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you are mentally ill and rotting away in your parent's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: affleck-suicide-squad-03aug16-02.jpg (111KB, 732x1100px) Image search: [Google]
affleck-suicide-squad-03aug16-02.jpg
111KB, 732x1100px
If you are mentally ill and rotting away in your parent's basement but still young (19 years old), would it be a good kick start to progress to enroll in university somewhere where you'll have to move there and be in the dorms?

Would it be a good kick start that forces me to be good, or would I inevitably fail because of my pre-existing issues?
>>
It didn't work out for me, it just made me more lazy with no one to check on me. I dropped out and got a temporary job so I don't feel awful about sitting at home all the time

PS Ben is my spirit animal
>>
File: 1470339007779.jpg (447KB, 1024x714px) Image search: [Google]
1470339007779.jpg
447KB, 1024x714px
>>34688699
I attempted a semester of university here where I live but it went incredibly poorly due to many bad events out of my control, and then things in my control that I did to cope with those events.

Now I am getting help for my illnesses but I don't think I can stay out of school and feeling useless for this many months, and I really think a completely new start somewhere else, maybe even another country, would be good for me.

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out for you though, that is too bad, I will keep it in mind.
>>
>>34688811
I actually got double fucked because after I moved to study I started having problems with gender dysphoria and depression. But if I try to talk about it with my parents, they'll shrug it off and tell me it's an excuse for my bad performance.

I hope this will work out for you though!
>>
why not, sounds like your parents got you covered either way
>>
>>34688650
>be me
>decent social life in highschool (no GF though), small range of activities related to school
>decide to go to uni because I want to meet more people, take control of my life and stop slacking off
>6 months later
>didn't do litterally anything but going to class and shitposting in my free time
>the only 5 people i managed to communicate with are an old childhood friend I met in uni and the few people he introduced to me
>shit grades

The lesson is: if you want to take control of your life do something you're convinced with. Just throwing yourself into a dorm room doesn't mean to take control
>>
>>34688859
That's a tough break anon, I'm sorry to hear that my friend. I hope things are going better nowadays, or getting better at the very least.

Thank you very much for the advice!
>>
>>34688882
They are extremely disappointed in me, rightfully, since I excelled in high school but my issues got to me after that.
>>34688897
I'm not really going for the social aspect, I get along just fine on my own, but I really need to go to university to get my career and future started.
>>
>>34688910
It's more like my current situation but talking on the Internet helps a lot actually, I have some hope for the future. Good luck!
>>
Bump for some more advice or stories about similar situations
>>
>>34688650
as a 25 y/o, i would suggest you do move into the dorms (you probably will be required to your first year). The thing is, you have to make a conscious and sustained effort to break out of your comfort zones and make social connections. I know that phrases probably repulses you but having people in your life is way better than having nobody at all.

I started off with a pretty solid social group, but i acted like a selfish, utilitarian faggot and basically used people until they marginalized me.

Don't be like me.
>>
>>34688650

go to online college. cheap and
>>
>>34688650
Don't give the education industry more money.
Get a job.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.