[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else /lucid dreamer/ here? Holy shit it's the best >dream

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1477789117469.gif (2MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1477789117469.gif
2MB, 450x450px
Who else /lucid dreamer/ here?
Holy shit it's the best
>dream that I am in a post apocalyptic Earth a few centuries after whatever destroyed mankind
>fly through the world
>beautiful left over building covered by plants everywhere
>shape and terraform the world around me like God
>literally feel like God
>conscious of all of my actions

Why haven't you trained yourself to lucid dream yet, Anon?
>>
>>34687161
I wouldn't know how to dream lucidly, robot
>>
>>34687161
Teach me anon, i'll suck ur dicc
>>
>>34687161
And loose what i enjoy the most about dreams?

The originality.
>>
>>34687381
Remembering everything that happened in your dreams right after you wake up naturally makes you more likely to lucid dream. Will probably take a while until that happens tho. Maybe a week

>>34687447
You can also let go and not play God in your dreams Anon. You will still have random unique dreams
>>
>>34687498
thanks, i'll try it

if it works i'll suck you off
>>
File: 1449207905790s.jpg (7KB, 250x222px) Image search: [Google]
1449207905790s.jpg
7KB, 250x222px
>>34687553
>one day some dude shows up at my house and starts sucking me off
>>
>>34687700
I will find you and I'll suck you off.

no homo though.
>>
File: 1482861805651.jpg (300KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1482861805651.jpg
300KB, 900x506px
>>34687381
>keep a dream journal
>get a consistent sleep schedule
>buy some melatonin and take it an hour before bed
>work on remembering your dreams for a few weeks
>could start doing reality checks, never worked for me personally but supposedly work for a lot of people
>familiarize yourself with the ways to have lucid dreams, DILD/WILD/MILD/whatever other memeshit people have come up with
>start trying

Most important part when you try is to not get caught up in failure, you can only do what you think you can do, and if you've failed early on and internalized the failure, you can set mental barriers which will stop you until you get past them. I used to go on LD'ing forums years and years ago and you'd see people who would submerge their self in every lucid dreaming, get the alarm apps, 3 page a night dream journal recording the tiniest details, all the supplements you could think of, meditation, this type of flashing mask that is meant to wake you up while leaving you asleep. This guy wouldn't be able to have lucid dreams at all, while the guy who's just "hey this is neat" and tried it maybe once a week was a lot more successful to the point of being able to do it consistently.
>>
File: 1483140649977.jpg (18KB, 350x217px) Image search: [Google]
1483140649977.jpg
18KB, 350x217px
I had a lucid dream only one time. It was during an afternoon nap about 4 or 5 years ago. I remember noticing that something wasn't quite right about my neighborhood, and somehow it hit me that I was dreaming. So then, without even thinking, I jumped up into the sky and started flying. It was probably the greatest experience of my life, no joke. It didn't feel like normal imagination, it felt like I was actually up there and could feel the breeze against my face.

Sadly, I got a little too excited and I woke up about 15 seconds later. Come to think of it, I should try to get back into the habit of doing daily reality checks (which I was doing when I had that dream) so I can experience it again.
>>
what about sleep paralysis? im terrified of that.
>>
>>34688171
Teach me your ways anon-senpai.
I've always wanted to fly in ways that don"t involve jumping off a building and dying.
>>
>>34687161
I don't think I'm smart enough to really enjoy lucid dreaming. My dreams are all vague mishmashes, not something concrete like real life.
>>
File: 1467688890825.png (96KB, 222x266px) Image search: [Google]
1467688890825.png
96KB, 222x266px
>>34688525
Practice makes perfect, friendo. The better, more consistently you sleep, combined with working on recall will improve the vividness of your dreams.
>>
>>34687161
I do have these dreams from time to time. I would have them more often, but i'm too lazy to write down my dreams every morning and check reality every 15-20 minutes.
That shit is crazy tho, feels are incredible.
>>
>>34688654
Will it still work even if I can only sleep about 7.5 hours a night?
>>
>>34688474
I've been out of the loop for years, so I don't know if any new techniques have arisen since I last got into lucid dreaming. But I remember some of the main things were:

Reality checks -- throughout the day, periodically ask yourself "Am I dreaming?". If you get in the habit of doing this, you might end up doing it in your dream world.

Observe your surroundings -- train yourself to really be aware of your surroundings; not just passively, but in a deliberate sense. Don't take anything you normally see on a daily basis for granted. Look at everything through the lens of the present moment, as if you hadn't seen it before. Don't tune anything out, which is what we normally do for "unimportant" stimuli.

Dream journal -- try and record your dreams every morning when you wake up. Even if you barely remember anything (or nothing at all) write something down just to get in the habit. The idea is that a dream journal can help you become more concerned with the content of your dreams, thus making you more likely to retain things that happen in them. Also, it allows you to identify common themes in your dreams. So if you commonly dream about being in a very specific place that you rarely ever go IRL, you can associate this place with dreams, making it easier to become lucid.

Probably the most important thing for me was just thinking about dreams a lot. Reading about lucid dreaming often can cause you to have more vivid dream recall by itself, because you start paying more attention to your dreams. I also recommend the lucid dreaming subreddit, even though reddit = cancer. They have some useful tips on there.
>>
Its the im a girl dream. Its the Im flying around my uni but its decorated like a japanese festival level (my favorite)
>>
>>34688847
That's perfectly fine. REM sleep starts after about 90 minutes of sleep and the period that you're in REM get longer the more cycles you go through, there is a limit though.
>>
Still trying to do it.
I was lucid for a short while a few weeks ago but I got pretty excited and woke up after a few seconds of hovering around.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.