[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do benzos help with occasional social anxiety derived from insecurity?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: benzo-detox-300x225.jpg (18KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
benzo-detox-300x225.jpg
18KB, 300x225px
Do benzos help with occasional social anxiety derived from insecurity? I have access to diazepam and lorazepam, not xanax.
Dunno why my thread just got deleted.
>>
Worst drug withdrawals on Earth. Far worse than heroin or other opiates.

The withdrawals can kill you, cause seizures, constant terror and other extreme forms of mental distress.

The withdrawals typically last a few months, but effects can linger for years. It is argued that they can cause permanent irreversible damage. I personally believe I have permanent brain damage resulting from benzo withdrawals during my adolescent years. It is nothing that interferes with my life, I believe myself to be fairly intelligent and I even lift weights, but I can tell my brain would be functioning differently if I never went through that.

Even if you take them fairly infrequently, you can still get physically addicted. Even once a week is too often. Just don't use them ever.
>>
Don't do it...
I've been going through protracted withdrawal for almost a year now.
There's nothing that makes those awful pills worth it.
>>
>>34685514
Wouldn't even take them once a month desu. It's just that I want to talk to a gorgeous girl who's been staring at me lately and not sperg out.
>>
I took a 60 count bottle of Xanax bars one time in a 2 hour span, ama
>>
>>34686191

You'll still be a sperg, just not one that cares while he's doing it. Go for it. I've been on klonopin for about 10 years now, shit works magic for anxiety. I've been cut off here and there/gone weeks without it, I have no idea what these people telling you shit about withdrawals are on about, sounds like bullshit to me.
>>
>>34686959
>You'll still be a sperg, just not one that cares while he's doing it.
Would you say it's similar to being drunk when it comes to social interaction?
>>
>>34685178
Ive been on klonopin for 4 years. I only take 1mg when i go to work, 3 times a week

works for me. Others will say its the devil drug but its dependent on the person
>>
>>34685178
knew people who took benzos and they all made terrible memes
dont do it op
>>
>>34686482
You woke up several days/weeks later with no memory of anything that happened

Thats the story, right?
>>
File: 103.jpg (34KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
103.jpg
34KB, 640x640px
Benzos are god tier, be careful though, you might not be able to handle withdrawals
A trip to hell is what I like to call it
I mix them with alc, kill me lol
>>
>>34687024
i think oxy is like being drunk
>>
>>34687207
how much do you have to take to experience withdrawals, if i try it once will i get withdrawal?
>>
>>34687024

As well as being on benzos I was a drunk for a long time too.

They're similar in the way they help lower your 'give a fuck' levels, but they're very different as well. I can't really put it into words that well, but the benzo feeling is more....clean, I guess you might say? Like you are in complete control of your actions and help you think more clearly, how to put your thoughts into words and just be more comfortable around people and other anxiety inducing situations.

for me at least, being around people while drinking just made me more nervous and drink more and the cycle would repeat until I was puking drunk and making a retard out of myself.

Your mileage may vary on how it affects your behavior though, but personally I can't see much of a downside to at least giving it a shot once to see how it happens. If you feel it might help your life overall, might recommend getting a prescription from a doctor or however you happened to acquire them in the first place. So far they've helped my life a fair bit, so I can actually go into crowded places without (literally)pissing my pants in terror.
>>
Benzos are for panic attacks, not anxiety.
>>
File: 470.jpg (112KB, 770x772px) Image search: [Google]
470.jpg
112KB, 770x772px
>>34687316
If you take it once, you wont. Dont take too much, you will shut down.
Im not sure how much you have to take. I took them everyday for one week in high doses and almost died
>>34687353
They are for anxiety too
>>
>>34687316

No, withdrawals happen when you take things for long periods of time and quit, like an alcoholic who tries to stop drinking cold turkey, or a heroin addict, etc.

If you don't take enough of something to get physically addicted, withdrawals are impossible.
>>
File: evolution of 4chan.png (325KB, 480x716px) Image search: [Google]
evolution of 4chan.png
325KB, 480x716px
>>34687316
The rule of thumb is don't use benzos more than twice a week. There's no set time frame for how long it takes to get addicted. It could take 30 days, it took me 2 weeks. It's all dependent on your tolerance (If you drink alcohol you have tolerance for benzos) and dosage.

>>34687372
Yes, the panic variety of anxiety. Benzos can't be used long term, it WILL lead to addiction even at prescribed doses.
>>
File: 803966.jpg (76KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
803966.jpg
76KB, 500x363px
>>34687404
Yeah, its really sad that they are so addicting and withdrawals are literal hell
>>
>>34687318
Nah I ain't really got that kind of social anxiety, just like most people here I guess. I think I just get somewhere between self-conscious and unmotivated when I'm having a conversation with people I don't trust enough. I end up just closing my mouth and don't caring enough to respond with anything other than monosyllables; I can't think of anything else to say and I stop inmediately caring, even if I'd been wanting to be friends or something with my interlocutor.
When I'm drunk I usually can't stop talking and cracking jokes and shit. Alcohol used to make me more anxious and apathetic before, but it rarely happens now.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.