[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else /baddriver/ here? Today I tried to reverse park for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: CTT61-9WcAADIzS.jpg (45KB, 600x341px) Image search: [Google]
CTT61-9WcAADIzS.jpg
45KB, 600x341px
Who else /baddriver/ here? Today I tried to reverse park for 3 minutes, failed and just parked like a moron. I got out and a coworker saw the whole thing ;_;
>>
One time I hit an 18 wheeler while backing up out of a parking lot; a few truckers were standing about 10 feet away from it looking at me and I sped away like mad.

I don't inconvenience myself doing anything overly complicated. Parallel parking that one time during the road test was just luck; I'm not doing it again.
>>
>>34674667
Today I was running on like 5 hours of sleep. My mom told me to go home in her car, so I could get to work.

I was swerving like a motherfucker, partially due to nosleep, partially due to me glancing at my phone for too long.

I ran into and knocked over a stop sign, and that shit shook me. My mom eventually came over (it wasn't far from where she was) and drove me back home.

I had to drive myself to work in my own car, and managed that through the power of a classic Guitar Hero jam.
https://youtu.be/0jgrCKhxE1s
>>
>>34674724
>Parallel parking that one time during the road test was just luck; I'm not doing it again.
This is me too. I fuck up my parallel parks every single time and have to spend minutes adjusting, even though I pulled it off flawlessly during the test.
>>
>>34674750
>>34674724
OP here, same. I have a car since 2 years and only ever park frontways. I also park far away from other cars and get nervous when I have to drive a route I've never been on a hundred times.
>>
I have a bad habit of running into things
>backed into a metal post that bent my boot and rear bumper
>ran into another car, they were undamaged but it pushed my front bumper in and reaching the latch for the hood is hard
>sideswiped another car, they had minimal damage but left a huge gouge on two of my doors
>smashed a tail light backing into a wall
>ran into three separate concrete posts in a car park leaving dents on my bumpers and on a door
>smashed my driver's side mirror on a wall
>ran into a kerb hard enough to knock the wheel out of alignment
Probably more I don't remember
>>
>>34674736
I was just listening to Dragonforce right now - so classic.
>>
My car stalled at a mall once. and at the time I don't know you had to have the car in park to restart it. I had at least 20 people behind be as well.
>>
>>34674667
>tfw can not heeltoe
>tfw can not into scandinavian flick
>tfw can not into dorifto
>>
>>34674667
you're still doing better than me anon. i'm too anxious to even get my license
>>
File: 1481243633146.jpg (73KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
1481243633146.jpg
73KB, 500x476px
I tried making a right turn on a oneway road when it was raining hard. My car was hydroplaning bad and I thought I had enough time for my car to stop hydroplaning as I turned onto the road.

There was a car on the lane I was turning onto (don't really understand why they couldn't just move to the other fucking lane) and by some miracle my tires caught road and I had to boost myself back up to 55mph.

Too spooky. Fuck driving.
>>
>>34674667
Pretty decent. I get distracted sometimes but I can evasive drive, drift, J turn, 360 drift, etc. I usually just go the speed limit. Would be fun to go to a course to practice. My car isn't fast but it gets me from a to b so it's alright
>>
File: 1470410034808.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470410034808.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
>tfw am a great driver when I drive automatic
>tfw afraid of doing intricate parking manoeuvoeurs while driving a car with a manual gearbox
now watch all the euros and h/o/mos tear me apart so they can feel better about themselves
>>
>>34675696
European here, I hare rickety-pops. Next time I get an automatic. Useless junk adds complexity for nothing.
>>
>>34676205
i live in rome and drive a manual, the traffic here is awful, literally stop and go every 10 seconds or so for at least one hour, everytime i get out of the car my left knee hurts me a bit, i fell pretty bad on it when i was 10 and if i don't stretch it every now and then after a while it's gonna start hurting me, but i still wouldn't go for an automatic, manual over takes are the best desu
>>
Muh fuckin jeep jeep jeep rbrbrbbr jepep
but seriously I'm a /good/ driver in that I know when to overtake/merge and I'm great at parking but I speed too often and don't slow down smoothly enough.
>>
>>34675696
Yuropoor here, all the while i was learning i kept thinking "this is so unnecessary complicated and therefore dangerous, having an automatic would be safer".

Once I got a few months of driving under my belt I didn't mind it as much, but then I drove an automatic in the US for a month, and it's so obvious this is how cars should be made. Like >>34676283 says, you really feel the main of manual transmission in traffic - and traffic only gets worse and worse because everyone swarms the big cities
>>
>never driven a car before
>always panic when Mum pulls out onto the road even though she is following the law
>can't stand going extremely fast
>always hide my head when Mum honks or someone else does
Who else is like me. I can't fathom driving a car when I have all of these problems. My parents want me to buy a car, but I just have no confidence in my driving skills. Feels bad man.
>>
>>34676205
I don't know what "rickety pops" means, is that when you stall out?

>>34676427
I really want to buy a car with a manual gearbox the next time I have to buy a car (probably a small/light truck) but I'm worried I'm just gonna fuck it up majorly if I can't do the little things like when you pull out and readjust to pull into a parking space, or parallel parking (afraid I'll just stall out for both)

mostly because the cost of fixing automatic transmissions is exorbitant here in the US, compared to fixing a manual gearbox
>>
>>34676881
Don't have it as bad as you but I always get embarrassed whenever my mom curses out other drivers and gets pissed to the point where she'll tailgate them. I just don't want any trouble with anyone else.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.