[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you are superstitious? Do any of you base decisions,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: bigstock-Coin-Flip-5807921.jpg (108KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
bigstock-Coin-Flip-5807921.jpg
108KB, 600x900px
How many of you are superstitious? Do any of you base decisions, no matter how trivial, on a coin flip? Just curious if anyone does this, I'm an indecisive person and sometimes I feel like I should start autistically flipping a coin to make a decision.

Do you believe a coin flip can be affected by some supernatural force? Perhaps divine intervention even?
>>
*bowlcuts meancingly in Bardem*
Is this about the super-bowl?
>>
File: 1377655570478.jpg (47KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1377655570478.jpg
47KB, 680x510px
I always look at a post on 4chan that has lots of replies and I think "despite it being an anonymous image board, if I would have posted that exact thing at the exact same time, I would have got less replies due to my luck"
>>
>>34672235
Not really, just was curious to see what people said. I'm aware the game was basically settled with a coin toss, but that's not the point I'm making here.
>>
You don't need to be superstitious to do that.
>>
I coin flip some decisions but do it because I believe the complete opposite - it isn't some supernatural force or fate or anything, it's just pure chance. That's why I do.
>>
>>34672309
Why not? What if you believe a coin flip can be influenced by some unforeseen force? People are crazy enough to believe that I suppose.
>>
>>34672335
A coin flip will give a random result. No more. A result nontheless.
>>
>>34672383
I know there has been like mathmatical studies on coin flips, right? It's popular to test probability with it as well, like flipping a coin 100 times and seeing what side it lands on more of.

I don't see the harm if people want to believe some supernatural force has an effect on their coin flips, like a divine force or something. For instance "God made the coin land on heads because he wanted me to do X over Y." Even if that sounds retarded, if it makes people feel better about their decision I guess.
>>
i can only imagine how difficult it was for john nash. it's one thing to be drawn to numbers - to battle an onslaught of significant meanings and patterns must have been very taxing. rip.
>>
>>34672424
Sorry to break it to you but there is no such thing. The randomness comes down to the rotational velocity of the coin and the distance it travels. Since the chance of it falling on its side is negligible, the outcome will be 50-50 as the number of tosses approaches infinity.

Things only seem to be influenced by outside forces because we don't usually see what is actually occuring.
>>
>>34672203
>be faggot me
>rely on astrology
>check horoscope daily
>sun Pisces, cancer ascending, moon in Taurus, Mercury in Pisces, Venus in Aries, Mars in cancer, Jupiter in Libra, Saturn in Aquarius, your anus in Capricorn, Neptune in capricorn, Pluto in Scorpio, n. Node in Sagittarius.

Feels good that my faith is written in the stars. Taking this shit to my grave, though. I also flip coins for trivial shit like, "Should I do my laundry today?" If I throw away trash from a distance and make it into the trash can, for some reason, I think that something good might happen.

I remember a bunch of qt girls talking about their horoscope and I cringe when they are only reading their sun sign

>tfw only psycho qt's are attracted to me and ironically Venus is in Aries and no girl wants an overly affectionate bf
>>
>>34672203
A coin flip is good for hard decisions because it'll make you realise your true desire based off of whether you are disappointed with the result.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.