[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your excuse for being bad at maths? You do realize

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

What's your excuse for being bad at maths?

You do realize that without improving your knowledge at the sciences you are just another pop-culture consuming mass to be manipulated as the elites see fit, right? Browsing an edgy message board doesn't really make you that different.
>>
>>34668660
>What's your excuse for being bad at maths?
But I'm not.
>>
File: UisQFZx.png (603KB, 1280x634px) Image search: [Google]
UisQFZx.png
603KB, 1280x634px
>>34668660
why do you assume this
>>
>if youre not good at this specific subject youre no good

how does it feel to be an autistic drone?
>>
Fuck dude I've taken up to ODE's but math still doesn't make any sense to me. I feel like I've learned nothing in all my years of studying.

>tfw brainlet
>>
>>34668785
This post smells of vagina.
>>
Because I always make simple mistakes like addition or subtraction errors or forgetting steps. I never even learned the multiplication table so it takes me a a couple of minutes to multiply simple numbers.
>>
>>34668788
Try harder Senpai. Study. Put the remote down. Stop watching your gay ass tv. Read a book. STUDY. YEAH. STUDY = GOOD.
>>
>>34668785
math is the true pseudointellectual normie filter.

Everyone pretends to know some shit about the usual supposed intellectual subjects, philosophy, literature, politics and so on but they dont even try with math.

>omg my brain just doesnt get along with math xD
>>
>>34668660
can't study. i open some lectures take some notes then get bored and ultimately found myslef fapping or browsing 4chan.

day after i try studying again and guess what, same result. i just can't it's too boring.

i quit mechanical engineering this year. i'm a different kind of autist i guess.
>>
>>34668826

how would you know?

blox
>>
>>34668826
>>34668857
the post smells like someone who isnt retarded.

think of an actual intellectual. picture him. I like Hitchens personally. do you think Hitchens measured other people's worth over how fast they figure out numbers? he had a different type of intellect, critical thinking. you know, something actually useful on a day to day basis.

anybody whos not an actual retard will see the op of this thread and laugh at the idea of some wanna be intellectual nerd criticising other autists on r9k (lmao) just because not everybody shares his autistic love towards abstract ideas.
>>
>>34669061
t. brainlet

>b-but i have emotional intelligence!
>>
>>34669061
>do you think Hitchens measured other people's worth over how fast they figure out numbers?
>how fast they figure out numbers
>thinks that math is entirely about figuring out numbers

Looks like someone didn't pass Calc 1
>>
>>34668876
>i'm a different kind of autist i guess

No, you're a lazy faggot with no self control.
>>
>>34668660
>improve your knowledge of sciences so you aren't a toy to the elites!!!!
>self employed scientists literally don't exist
you're going to be working for the elites pretty soon bud.
also
>climate change
>not a manipulation by the elites
both arts and sciences are degenerate. Rousseau had it right
>>
>>34669101
>CRITICAL thinking is emotional intelligence

yep, sure does sound like an autist imagining numbers to me

what kind of retard argues that critical thinking is emotional, of all things? of all the things you could have said, you said some pretty stupid ones, desu. critical thinking is what saves us from whatever retarded ideas want to take over our society.

the fuck? seriously? critical thinking is emotional? nice. you probably think intelligence is an easily measurable value instead of a shit ton of different cognitive traits/abilities that we lump together, dont you?
>>
>>34669177
>think intelligence is an easily measurable value

literally the truth
>>
>>34669130
oops sorry!

>figuring out abstract, autistic ideas.

theere we go.
>>
>>34669177
U mad.

Also mathematics requires an ability to think critically.
>>
>>34669195
oh boy.

so theres just smart and dumb people, right?

what about doctors, lawyers, judges, politicians and "smart" people in general who believe in god?

what do you think about those same "smart" people that send thousands of their hard earned dollars to nigerian royalty in distress?

are all of them objectively, indubitably smart?
>>
>>34668660
I have a low IQ and nothing I do can make me good at math. If I was good at math I wouldn't be here I'd be working a good job and have a girlfriend
>>
>>34669230
to a certain degree, clearly not enough if this guy thinks there are simply "smart" and "dumb" people.
>>34669271
>>
File: gun free moam.gif (2MB, 317x173px) Image search: [Google]
gun free moam.gif
2MB, 317x173px
>>34668660
hahahhahahah
what the fuck is going on in that image
>>
>>34669177
Sure buddy u totally aren't trolling
>>
File: noi.gif (293KB, 1006x800px) Image search: [Google]
noi.gif
293KB, 1006x800px
>>34668660
I never had any interest for that subject.
There were other subjects that were way more interesting.
>>
>>34669271
>objectively, indubitably smart?

if they have an ease grasping abstractions yes
>>
File: 1483291920450.png (178KB, 500x757px) Image search: [Google]
1483291920450.png
178KB, 500x757px
>>34669365
im just drunk, bored, lonely, bitter, and about to order a pizza

rest assured, im not trolling
>>
>>34669300
Anon has a point. The ability to grasp abstraction is literally intelligence.
>>
>>34669213
>I don't get it! That means it's autistic!
>>
>>34666666
Just wanna find these hexes nothing to see here.
>>
>>34668660
What is maths? I'm only aware of math.
>>
>>34669300
Mathematical aptitude is a sufficient condition for intelligent, but it's not a necessary one.
>>
>>34669407
i take this post as you basically admitting defeat to whatever this whole interaction was

in the case that you actually want to keep going... why would the word smart be limited to the understanding of abstract ideas? where did you get that definition of the word smart?
>>
I've won bronze at IMO.
>>
>>34668660

I'm a retard. You also cant improve aptitude by practicing. I have to reverse engineer shit all the time.
>>
>>34668660
>You do realize that without improving your knowledge at the sciences

>he thinks all sciences need a intimate knowledge of mathematics
Biology called, it wanted me to tell you mathnerds can go suck the theoretical square root of your two inch dick while it's off busy being relevant.
>>
>>34669558
>stamp collecting
Lmao biologist think they aren't brainlets
>>
>You do realize that without improving your knowledge at the sciences you are just another pop-culture consuming mass to be manipulated as the elites see fit, right?

I'm okay with that.
>>
>>34669486
>Mathematical aptitude is a sufficient condition for intelligent
thats something id actually like to discuss without 4chan memers. if what i say about intelligence is correct (that its the "sum" of a bunch of different cognitive traits/abilities), which traits would qualify you as smart?

what if you meet a math whiz autist that is not able to put his pants on? would he be considered smart? now that i pose that question, i believe he would be. thats basically the plot for Rain Man.

i'd like to discuss the term smart with someone, regardless. i believe it's not a very good word and it's use shouldn't be as widespread.
>>
>>34668785
anon, you don't realize it but math is the language of every pure science

it's the only coherent way to describe the world surrounding us
>>
>>34669421
>intelligence: intelligent, or able to think quickly or intelligently in difficult situations

the thing about this, however, is that we are now arguing semantics.
>>
>>34669622
>le autistic savant example

anon, you do realize 99% of all contributors to our knowledge of math are non-autistic right?
>>
>>34669648
>inb4 fictionalism.
>>
>>34669662
If tactics are considered intelligent, and combat is considered a difficult situation, then by this logic Marines are intelligent.
>>
>>34669648
mathematicians are not ridding the world from religion and/or whatever ideas might hurt our societies

sure, math is VERY important, im just trying to take op down a notch and make him realise that its not as black and white as he thinks he is.
>>
>>34669676
call me autistic again without providing any counter arguments to whatever it is you disagree with. please. youre just outing yourself as somebody that lacks certain thinking skills.

>>34669684
correct. do you think any retard can come up with a military raid plan?

you missed the point of the post though. arguing about the meaning of the word itself is not gonna get us anywhere.
>>
>>34668660
I failed math like 3 times because I didn't want to do homework and drew in class because listening to a teacher talk about something you know how to do is boring, so I never got challenged in math or learned any advanced math.
>>
>>34668764
Is the answer sqrt(2)-1?
>>
>>34668857
Good thing as a skill it became genuinely useless with the advent of computers.
>>
>>34670005
The ability to do manual calculations became obsolete, sure. The ability to think mathematically and know what questions to ask the computer are still very relevant. If I give you the best calculator in the world, would you know how to calculate everything needed to make a rocket or a bridge with it?
>>
>>34668660
If you're a parent it's part of your job to make sure that teachers who use common core are removed from their positions.
Common core was specifically designed to bring white students down to the level of black students, and to further solidify jewish dominion over industries that require deep understanding of math.
>>
>>34670101
>Retards actually believe this
>He doesn't understand that common core is actually amazing
Lol this is why the us is fucked
>>
>>34670123

Explain why it's so great.
>>
I failed to see how simply possessing scientific ability precludes you from being a tool to the elites.

'The elite' literally depends upon the work of scientists more than they depend on the work of pretty much any other group.

OP's assertion is complete non sequitur.
>>
>>34668660
It's because I can't retain anything, I can look at a khan academy video and say "I get this" but I won't remember it a week from now.

Same with anything basically, it's horrible, I can't get anything done because I can't remember anything, I don't know how to fix this.
>>
File: 1459997406819.jpg (77KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1459997406819.jpg
77KB, 600x800px
>>34669900
>Is the answer sqrt(2)-1?
yes
good job anon
>>
>>34670335

do you take any drugs?
>>
>>34670410
No, I don't take any drugs.
>>
>>34670416
Will you be my boyfriend Mr. Anon?
>>
File: 1479851938223.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1479851938223.png
208KB, 807x935px
>tfw to smart four math
>>
>>34670902
Just because I don't consume drugs?
>>
File: 1460354870170.jpg (346KB, 1104x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1460354870170.jpg
346KB, 1104x1104px
>>34671035
>Just because I don't consume drugs?
no I just wanted to bump the thread but I didn't know what else to post

I don't even like you honestly I hate stupid people
>>
im starting uni next semester
i tried it once but shit happened and i quit after 4 months
any tips from mathfags?
>>
>>34668660
what's your excuse for being a disgusting British piece of shit you fucking faggot?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.